What are you working on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made some scale license plates for my tow rig and boat trailer.

Theres a website called Acme License Maker that's free to design the plate and save the file.

I had to print off of a smart phone and none of the apps and stuff would resize it in 1/10 scale.So I Googled "image resizer" one of the first results resized images 50% smaller which is perfect.

After printing the paper plate I glued it onto aluminum from a coke can, cut it out and wrapped it with clear packaging tape.

Then i just made a styrene frame from angle styrene.I used eyeglass screws to bolt the plate in the frame.

Attachments

• 20160816_112108.jpg
    20160816_112108.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20160816_111753.jpg
    20160816_111753.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20160816_034656.jpg
    20160816_034656.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 39
View attachment 2106 So I had the old Blackfoot out again today with my mega 15 turn installed and found out the hard way that 25 year old rims and curbs don't mix. Took that turn into the driveway a little too sharp!! eBay here I come!

On a good note - I fully discharged and recharged the 7.2 volt stick pack- and this motor definitely has it quicker than the ole Tamiya 540 (or should I say "had" it quicker til I broke the wheel.

So had the Blackfoot out today and my run of broken parts continues. Axle broke right where the pin goes through.
image.jpeg

I figure this two ways since I just broke parts on my Raider and now this: Either take it easy when I'm driving..... Or buy a third car so when two are on the shelf I can still play!!! :D

So had the Blackfoot out today and my run of broken parts continues. Axle broke right where the pin goes through. View attachment 2766

I figure this two ways since I just broke parts on my Raider and now this: Either take it easy when I'm driving..... Or buy a third car so when two are on the shelf I can still play!!! :D

What's the 3rd car going to be?
Going 4X4?
Crawler?
Mega to upgrade or something already blown out?
So many choices!

What's the 3rd car going to be?
Going 4X4?
Crawler?
Mega to upgrade or something already blown out?
So many choices!

I had a Kyosho Optima way back when- and I loved it. That was one car I didn't manage to keep running like my Blackfoot. Ever since the re-release I have had my eye on it. 299.99 with no motor or electronics just seems like a lot for '86 technology (with a few upgrades). I just can't seem to get it out of my head though. Lol. Maybe some day!

I had a Kyosho Optima way back when- and I loved it. That was one car I didn't manage to keep running like my Blackfoot. Ever since the re-release I have had my eye on it. 299.99 with no motor or electronics just seems like a lot for '86 technology (with a few upgrades). I just can't seem to get it out of my head though. Lol. Maybe some day!

I looking hard at the Redcat Racing Redcat Racing 1/10 Blackout XTE Pro BL MT 4WD RTR Blue.
The "Add to Cart" button is reaching out of the monitor, trying to control my mouse!

Redcat Blackout.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG
Got some HPI, Tamiya to 12mm adapters. Put my Traxxas Anacondas on my old Hornet (can also run my dBoots from my Raider).
Going to the ESC, and now endless tire options ( at least for the rear) this is becoming a fun little buggy again, revived from 30 years ago.

View attachment 3192 Got some HPI, Tamiya to 12mm adapters. Put my Traxxas Anacondas on my old Hornet (can also run my dBoots from my Raider).
Going to the ESC, and now endless tire options ( at least for the rear) this is becoming a fun little buggy again, revived from 30 years ago.
WTG! But remember @Rdub , modding is an opium! :cool:

I've been getting ready to sell my 1/16 VXL grave digger! Time to get a big bad arrma hehe so selling the little feller so I can afford a new car! Still cant decide between Senton and Talion :/ (I wish both was an option, arrma made two great cars it seems!)

@Steve did you ever pull the trigger on this?

No, *sigh*, not yet...
I'm barely able to get out with my Raider and Vorteks any more.
When I flew my Aton this week, seemed like it had been forever, and same feeling with my Vista.
Speaking of flying, think I'll go out and do a little tonight!

View attachment 3192 Got some HPI, Tamiya to 12mm adapters. Put my Traxxas Anacondas on my old Hornet (can also run my dBoots from my Raider).
That's awesome. I love the old tamiya rc's. Had a modded clod buster years ago! Fun stuff!

This is an old thread. Also didn't know there was two of these threads. We probably don't need two on the go.

Sorting out my rc's
And planning on getting rid with most of them
Keeping only 4 rc's
Trasher jet boat
Sbr2.0
Dbxle2.0
Xrt
And add prob a new crawler later next year

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back