What are you working on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromodder

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I just thought this would be a nice way to share non Arrma projects.

Here's a few pictures of a Revolt 30 I bought used and overhauled.I'll be racing this boat in the P-limited class.

I gave the entire boat a carbon/kevlar inlay from the transom to the bow.I made the battery tray from hobby ply and carbon fiber.I installed a dual pickup Traxxas Spartan rudder, water cooled 4s lipo, 120A Turnigy esc, proper water line fittings on the transom, etc.

Attachments

• 20160314_221841.jpg
    20160314_221841.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20160314_222505.jpg
    20160314_222505.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 38
  • 20160313_194245.jpg
    20160313_194245.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20160314_142139.jpg
    20160314_142139.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 46
I painted a Axial Yeti radiator tonight, now I just have to figure out how to mount it lol.

Attachments

• 20160319_231813.jpg
    20160319_231813.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 44
Thanks for sharing, the Aton looks like alot of fun.I might buy one this Xmas if there is a good deal on them, please let me know if you have any issues with it

Sorry.....all I own is 2 arrma granites. I'm at the shop this morn working on my truck ( and the boss doesn't mind one bit)..... Awesomeness!

Attachments

• IMG_20160301_102150226_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160301_102150226_HDR.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for sharing, the Aton looks like alot of fun.I might buy one this Xmas if there is a good deal on them, please let me know if you have any issues with it
Had 3 maybe 4 flights and so far everything's perfectly awesome!
So far have only flown on Camera mode, haven't tried Sport yet, working up to it.
Expert mode I believe is w/o gyros, so won't be trying that unless I accidentally hit that button combo.
The 3000mAh battery is good for maybe 7-8 minute flight.
My 5000mAh is due into the mailbox today, hopefully I get much longer flights with it.

Sorry.....all I own is 2 Arrma granites. I'm at the shop this morn working on my truck ( and the boss doesn't mind one bit)..... Awesomeness!

Don't be sorry, Arrmas are always welcome.I just wanted to make a little safe place for us to talk about anything we wish without sidetracking someone's thread.

You must have a cool boss, that's a nice way to start the day lol.

Had 3 maybe 4 flights and so far everything's perfectly awesome!
So far have only flown on Camera mode, haven't tried Sport yet, working up to it.
Expert mode I believe is w/o gyros, so won't be trying that unless I accidentally hit that button combo.
The 3000mAh battery is good for maybe 7-8 minute flight.
My 5000mAh is due into the mailbox today, hopefully I get much longer flights with it.

I would be using camera mode as well, its not worth risking something thst nice.I fly but I'm not very good at it yett.Ive been focusing on boat racing to much to give my planes the time they deserve.

I would be using camera mode as well, its not worth risking something thst nice.I fly but I'm not very good at it yett.Ive been focusing on boat racing to much to give my planes the time they deserve.

I'm not good at flying also, but with this puppy, I don't have to be. It's so smooth and the controls are so responsive. Plus it has an Air Brake, which like a panic button, it stops the Aton in its tracks. If you lose direction, just hit Return to Home, regain your reference, either let the Return continue or cancel and go back to flying.

What kind of boats you driving?

Knocking the dust off my Associated MGT. Been a long while since it's been removed from the shelf, can't believe how easy this thing fired right up. Love me some nitro!

"I love the smell of nitro in the morning, it smells like... Victory"
Whoa, wait, that's not how it goes, is it?

I'm not good at flying also, but with this puppy, I don't have to be. It's so smooth and the controls are so responsive. Plus it has an Air Brake, which like a panic button, it stops the Aton in its tracks. If you lose direction, just hit Return to Home, regain your reference, either let the Return continue or cancel and go back to flying.

What kind of boats you driving?

I have to many boats to list honestly, everything from a Spartan to one of Aquacrafts tug boats and a sailboat.Its all fun when they are in the proper enviroment

Attachments

• 20160131_152509.jpg
    20160131_152509.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 48
I have to many boats to list honestly, everything from a Spartan to one of Aquacrafts tug boats and a sailboat.Its all fun when they are in the proper enviroment

Great pic @Micromodder .
Is that where you do your sailing? In the pool?
I had my FT-009 stall out in the surf last month, doing, or at least trying to do a little wave jumping.
Some really nice surfer kid asked if my boat conked, then went and swam it down. Normally, it will wash in, but tides and currents what they were, the sucker wasn't coming back.
Turned out, my Tamiya plug had corroded, so wasn't getting constant current and losing the Rx/Tx bind.
$5 later, it's fixed. The LHS discounted the repair because the nimrod cracked my remote and they epoxied it back together, LOL!

Great pic @Micromodder .
Is that where you do your sailing? In the pool?
I had my FT-009 stall out in the surf last month, doing, or at least trying to do a little wave jumping.
Some really nice surfer kid asked if my boat conked, then went and swam it down. Normally, it will wash in, but tides and currents what they were, the sucker wasn't coming back.
Turned out, my Tamiya plug had corroded, so wasn't getting constant current and losing the Rx/Tx bind.
$5 later, it's fixed. The LHS discounted the repair because the nimrod cracked my remote and they epoxied it back together, LOL!

I'm a member of a model boat club, we run our boats anywhere we can get permission lol.I race outdoor more then anything.

Do you use Corrosion X?I use that stuff on all of my electronics to clean plugs and waterproof stuff.

Knocking the dust off my Associated MGT. Been a long while since it's been removed from the shelf, can't believe how easy this thing fired right up. Love me some nitro!

You must have that thing tuned really good.Most fullsize trucks are hard to start after they sit a month lol.

Corrosion X

Never heard of it before.
When I took the FT009 down, noticed almost all the copper connections were green.
I rinsed the boat off after the last run but guess I should have used something to preserve it.

Never heard of it before.
When I took the FT009 down, noticed almost all the copper connections were green.
I rinsed the boat off after the last run but guess I should have used something to preserve it.

There's alot of really good info in this video.Even if my electronics come waterproof I still waterproof them myself.I've seen condensation build up inside of waterproof radio boxes and balloons before.

I know it's not an Arrma but i couldn't figure out how to turn an Arrma into a Crawler in a reliable way. so.... half year bonus has been spent on another new toy, some upgrades for it, some new Tires for another RC, and some general RC supplies I was running low on.

Attachments

• 2016-03-23 19.27.36.jpg
    2016-03-23 19.27.36.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 51
  • 2016-03-23 19.27.45.jpg
    2016-03-23 19.27.45.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 2016-03-23 19.27.50.jpg
    2016-03-23 19.27.50.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 2016-03-23 19.28.06.jpg
    2016-03-23 19.28.06.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I know it's not an Arrma but i couldn't figure out how to turn an Arrma into a Crawler in a reliable way. so.... half year bonus has been spent on another new toy, some upgrades for it, some new Tires for another RC, and some general RC supplies I was running low on.

I asked for permission before I started this thread so feel free to post as much as you wish about your Axial here. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your Wraith.

I finished painting my Yeti's fuel cell, fire extinguisher and radiator last night but I'm waiting to take pictures until its out in sunlight.I'll post pictures this weekend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back