What are your other hobbies / interests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! Very respectable numbers for Toyota GE series n/a motors. Getting that fan off the belt system will help the power and responsiveness of the motor a significant amount. I had done this same thing on an Nissan 240sx and felt so much better afterwards. Some friends removed their P.S. and had similar results, but I love my power steering lol.

No way I'm dumping the power steering. It's a very good feeling system, and with the big, sticky Toyo Proxes tires on it, and bigger rims, it's be a real PITA around town. BTDT!

I've got a rebuilt steering rack, and some urethane mounts to replace the soggy, oil-soaked ones that have been on the car since it was born, but the pump and lines are new, something I had to replace right after I bought the car.

The air conditioning....maybe, but not the P/S!

The shot below was taken the day after I finished completely rebuilding the front and rear suspensions. All the rubber bushings were shot, along with the front strut inserts, the top strur mounts, and all the other bits that go South after 30+ years in the California sun and smog.

My wife collects glass eggs.

Don't know why, but she does.....
Would be interesting if you took a carton out on Halloween night to........ well you know.?

Interesting Thread.
I've been in slot cars for many years; I swapped a 1/43 analog to digital with all the 1/32 electronics (pit lane, lane changer, refueling, lap counter);

sans-tihgftre.png

1/32 electronic chip in 1/43 cars:

sans-titre.png

Still working today... But kids and me don't play anymore. Been 10 years of fun.

I'm an amateur gynecologist. I'm practicing for about 30years and it's something I like to do in my spare time. To bad my wife wants to participate all the time so it feels less and less "my"hobby. I would like to share my expertise with other women but my wife won't let me.

?

I'm an amateur gynecologist. I'm practicing for about 30years and it's something I like to do in my spare time. To bad my wife wants to participate all the time so it feels less and less "my"hobby. I would like to share my expertise with other women but my wife won't let me.

?
68BF5B1C-CB35-4532-9687-4CE63ADE211B.gif

In my single days I was into muscle cars, specifically 1st generation Monte Carlos. I had 2 of them. One was a slow avocado green that I did a little work too. Headers, cam, carb, etc. Then I bought the one below that had the body already done and did quite a bit too. New trans, 4.56 rear end, ladder bars, all the engine goodies. Sold that when I got a divorce.

04EMeet412.jpg

04EMeet319.jpg

Took up golf for a bit a couple years later, but that was was to expensive for my blood. Been playing a bit more last year or two with my son.

Coached my sons soccer and basketball teams for quite a few years and just hung up the clipboard. He's 13 now and still in sports but has moved away from just park district teams.

My real hobby is homebrewing beer. I've been doing that about 4 years now and in a local homebrewing club. Also work part time serving at a local brewery. My dream would be to get in the beer industry full time, just not on the distributer side.

20181010_002628.jpg

IMG_20190827_164446_931.jpg

Lastly, is remodeling our house and creating my own stuff for that. We recently did a facelift on our kitchen that I made the countertops for.
Before...
20180831_172659.jpg

After...
20190904_185317.jpg

And our Dining room I made the desk for.
20191025_102851.jpg

20191125_175830.jpg

Gonna really change it up some here! My other main hobby is Bowling! Been bowling about going on 25 years now. I do have three 300 games total, no 800 series yet, and try to roll in as many tournaments around me as possible. Nothing of note though so far!

Hopefully some other bowlers around here as well!!

BOWLING! Used to be in a couple of leagues way back when, and my son is almost good enough to go pro. Guess I got it from my Dad who was pretty good.

Haven't been bowling in years, but always enjoyed it. My average was only 145~150 but we always had a blast going bowling.

Thanks for bringing it up. Brings back lots of good memories.

BOWLING! Used to be in a couple of leagues way back when, and my son is almost good enough to go pro. Guess I got it from my Dad who was pretty good.

Haven't been bowling in years, but always enjoyed it. My average was only 145~150 but we always had a blast going bowling.

Thanks for bringing it up. Brings back lots of good memories.
Right on! Friends in my leagues wanted me to go pro, but even in a house league holding a 210 - 220 average just isn't the same! Pro leagues and the shot oil patterns they lay down the lane are just NOTHING compared to a house shot. House shots seems to try and help your score! Lol. Pro oil patterns try hurt your score, literally!!

Right on! Friends in my leagues wanted me to go pro, but even in a house league holding a 210 - 220 average just isn't the same! Pro leagues and the shot oil patterns they lay down the lane are just NOTHING compared to a house shot. House shots seems to try and help your score! Lol. Pro oil patterns try hurt your score, literally!!

Both of the alleys I league bowled at oiled their alleys almost identically. If you did well at one of them, you'd do well at the other. I never got into it well enough to really have it affect me - I was never good enough! I'd roll the ball my usual way, and if it didn't go where expected, I'd adjust to it as well as I could.

You have Mad Skillz in woodworking. I've done *some*, but mostly things like building workbenches and speaker cabinets, along with General Home Owner Repair items.....

Thank you. Hardly mad skill and a lot of research and luck.

Gonna really change it up some here! My other main hobby is Bowling! Been bowling about going on 25 years now. I do have three 300 games total, no 800 series yet, and try to roll in as many tournaments around me as possible. Nothing of note though so far!

Hopefully some other bowlers around here as well!!

I was on a league for about 6 years. Had a ton of fun. I even had the Rotogrip spare tire as a spare ball. Never got the 300, but rolled a handful of 279s and the dreaded 299. Rolled the 12th, held the pose, buried the pocket and rung the ten.

I was on a league for about 6 years. Had a ton of fun. I even had the Rotogrip spare tire as a spare ball. Never got the 300, but rolled a handful of 279s and the dreaded 299. Rolled the 12th, held the pose, buried the pocket and rung the ten.
Ooooh I know that feeling! If you're still bowling keep at it! I had 6, 299 games before my first 300 game. Two more 299 games before I rolled my second and third 300 game.

Those last 2 perfect games were crazy, 2nd game out of 3 in league I rolled the 300. Very next week, second game as well, rolled another one!! Lol, I still say keep trying, you never know! ???

Those games will definitely stand out!

My next goal is the elusive 800 series! I've always thought that one to be harder to obtain in general, due to having to average a 266 game or higher for your 3 games. Highest series to date for me so far is 787 series, that was lil less then 2 years ago as well.

I always liked bowling, great indoor fun with friends. Problem is haven't done it in decades, don't know why, I'm missing out.
I don't know if you would call this a hobby, but like to ride atvs. Had many over the years but my favorite is the Raptor 700, it can do anything just like the Kraton 6s. Plenty power, massive torque, forgiving, jack of all trades. Perfect dune machine.
Picked this one up last week.
20200108_114048.jpg
20200108_113937.jpg
20200108_122422.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back