What are your other passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing? (Not RC)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I do?
2E4D33BD-799F-4BEA-A74C-19DE05440FA6.jpeg
[

So many over the years, guns/hunting, fishing, boats/skis. Basically a old fuel burning
20170713_190358.jpg
20170820_183753.jpg
20200108_120220.jpg
20160709_172447.jpg
speed freak, love muscle cars, quads, motorcycles. And Rock & Roll! ?

Reef tanks:

3D printing:

Model trains:

Video editing and photography(mostly macro),rc airplanes and helicopters, computers(building, modifying, networking and security), cellular devices(Galaxy Note user, and have had every note except the 20). Oh: raspberry pi devices and teaching myself Linux and Python.

Computers go along with most of my other hobbies(probably the one central theme of my life). My trains are computer controlled, the 3d printers are computer controlled for remote viewing, printing, time lapses, etc, and my reef is computer controlled, monitored and maintained.

Oh, almost forgot our puppy dog.. Not really a hobby, but I guess dog lover could qualify..

Last edited:
Reef tanks:

3D printing:

Model trains:

Video editing and photography(mostly macro),rc airplanes and helicopters, computers(building, modifying, networking and security), cellular devices(Galaxy Note user, and have had every note except the 20). Oh: raspberry pi devices and teaching myself Linux and Python.

Computers go along with most of my other hobbies(probably the one central theme of my life). My trains are computer controlled, the 3d printers are computer controlled for remote viewing, printing, time lapses, etc, and my reef is computer controlled, monitored and maintained.
Nice, I was into saltwater tanks for 15 years!

Just a few but honestly there are too many to list them all...
Guns, guitars, kayak fishing, woodworking....

I‘m into music.....bass player first and foremost but I play this crazy instrument as well.....the Chapman Stick.....forgive my gratuitous self promotion.....?

Jeez my list would be long, but I don’t feel like I excel at any of them so it would be a weird flex to even mention any. I’m a fly by the seat of your pants and give it a go opportunist. Anything outdoors is a yes. Anything tech is a yes. Love to cook meat. Love bourbon.

I’m a serial fixer. Always being handed something to fix. Not sure how I landed that label but it stuck.

But my best time killer is family. After work, spending time with our kids and grandkids consumes most of our time.

That's the coolant. This isn't an average pc. I custom built it over 3 years. I just finally finished it and installed the second loop (the pink side). I use it for everything, games, movies, the forum etc. It's my entertainment box basically.

Not trying to being a peepee with this post. I built one about 2 years ago and the second I hit buy, there was a better, faster something available. I hate computers in that sense. You can NEVER have the best of the best... How did you manage 3 years in a build without putting your fist through a few monitors?

Currently other than rc I would have to say photography. Mostly wildlife and nature shots. Don't know if reading is a hobby but I've been an avid reader for ever. My hobbies seem to change about every ten years or so. Used to build models but lately it's hard to find the time. I always have a creative outlet of some sort.

Currently other than rc I would have to say photography. Mostly wildlife and nature shots. Don't know if reading is a hobby but I've been an avid reader for ever. My hobbies seem to change about every ten years or so. Used to build models but lately it's hard to find the time. I always have a creative outlet of some sort.
Photography is awesome. Been doing it since the days of the Pentax K1000!

I like things that are fast and/or loud and generally anything that lets me work with my hands. Guns/firearms, building electric guitars/amps, automotive anything, 3d printing/modeling, FPV drones, Gundam models, collecting tools, fixing anything (I hate hiring someone to fix anything).

I used to do some on road racing in this series called The 24 Hours of Lemons. Race takes place over two days with a team of 4 or more drivers all trying to keep a pile of junk running the entire 2 days. We had a 97 Saab 900 turbo that was hopped up that was faster than most down a straight but cornered like a school bus, so that was interesting. I haven't raced it in years, still have the car though which I need to clean up and sell eventually.

20200822_082333.jpg

Photography is awesome. Been doing it since the days of the Pentax K1000!

Had a K1000 in college, drifted away from photography for a long while, then got back into it when the digitals came out. Had a Sony that used floppy disks and had less tha 1 mega pixel resolution and thought it was great at the time. Currenty I have a Nikon D5600. Does most of what I need.
You can see some of my photos here, nothing fantastic but not too bad.

VIEW PHOTOS HERE

Not trying to being a peepee with this post. I built one about 2 years ago and the second I hit buy, there was a better, faster something available. I hate computers in that sense. You can NEVER have the best of the best... How did you manage 3 years in a build without putting your fist through a few monitors?
I don't care about there being something better or not having the best of the best. It's the same as anything else, you buy it and they release the better model. The EXB roller for example, I bought my v4 kraton and 2 months later they released the exb. It doesn't bother me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back