Limitless What are your recommendations for a speed runner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I am looking to get into the speed running game. My friend has a limitless, which he likes. would you recommend any other car or setup for a beginner speed runner?

I would probably go with a V2 Limitless or the Hobao VTE2. Both are solid options.
For a first speed run car you may be better off with the Arrma just for the easy access to Jenny's RC for spare parts.

Crashes happen. You may want to jump on getting the perfect pass springs on amazon that just came out before they sell out.

For electronics you will want the following:
-Strong servo
-Long range radio (RadioLink RC6gs is budget friendly or go nicer for the Noble NB4 (has a perfect pass throttle control built in))
- XLX2 esc
- TP4070cm or 4080cm
- SagaCustomRC mod 1 gears
- GRP super soft tires for starting out

For beginning speed running, for Lipos I would get the 70c CNHL 5k or 6k batteries.
Setup everything with QS8 connectors.

What speeds are you looking for? 80, 90 or over 120?
Looking at eventually get past the big 100. But baby steps, so i would probably start out slower then that
I would probably go with a V2 Limitless or the Hobao VTE2. Both are solid options.
For a first speed run car you may be better off with the Arrma just for the easy access to Jenny's RC for spare parts.

Crashes happen. You may want to jump on getting the perfect pass springs on amazon that just came out before they sell out.

For electronics you will want the following:
-Strong servo
-Long range radio (RadioLink RC6gs is budget friendly or go nicer for the Noble NB4 (has a perfect pass throttle control built in))
- XLX2 esc
- TP4070cm or 4080cm
- SagaCustomRC mod 1 gears
- GRP super soft tires for starting out

For beginning speed running, for Lipos I would get the 70c CNHL 5k or 6k batteries.
Setup everything with QS8 connectors.
I’ll note this stuff down, thank you! I do like Jenny’s RC so I’ll probably go with the V2 limitless. ill keep an eye out if there some sales

Looking at eventually get past the big 100. But baby steps, so i would probably start out slower then that

I’ll note this stuff down, thank you! I do like Jenny’s RC so I’ll probably go with the V2 limitless. ill keep an eye out if there some sales

The other thing to consider is if you have a good road over 2000 ft of beautiful smooth pavement that does not have a large curvature for water run off.
I know you can go east into the plains of CO for country roads and likely have a good spot.

The other thing to consider is if you have a good road over 2000 ft of beautiful smooth pavement that does not have a large curvature for water run off.
I know you can go east into the plains of CO for country roads and likely have a good spot.
I have been scouting out some spots that would work out well for a speed runner, but we will see how it goes

6S in a V2 Limitless.
40mm or larger motor preferably and any 8S ESC.
If you want 100 with a 1100kv motor, I would start with a 34t pinon, and if you have a 1750kv I would start with no more than a 27t pinon (A 27 with the stock spur will get you theoretically 105).

Regarding costs....

The 7th scale cars are the most stable and forgiving for learning this side of the hobby.
Plus the car is out of the box setup well for it...

Due to the size and weight most ESCs just cannot get you past 100mph so sadly you are mostly stuck with the MMX8s or XLX2. It is very worth it to go ahead and get the XLX2.

For motors you could run a smaller 4074 motor, but I usually say just go ahead and get a TP Power motor. It is worth it.

If you are wanting just 100mph you can do that in about 1000ft but that is not giving the car much time to breathe.

Yea thats what i was preparing for. As for batteries, 6s would do the trick, or should I look into 8s?
@joostin420 had a limitless v2 roller for sale in the classifieds. Might check there before its gone
Ill take a look, thanks for letting me know
If you are wanting just 100mph you can do that in about 1000ft but that is not giving the car much time to breathe.
Found a nice quiet road 1,900 ft long so that should be the place

Yea thats what i was preparing for. As for batteries, 6s would do the trick, or should I look into 8s?

6s would be plenty.
With the right electronics you can go very fast on 3s.

Using 2 CNHL 3s 70c packs I went 127 MPH on 3s parallel wiring. XLX2 and TP4070cm motor.
Using more expensive ONYX Power Systems Lipos I went 134 mph. On 4s I have been 146 and planning to break into the 150s soon.

The system will have to work harder on lower voltage like I am doing so 4s or 6s would be my recommendation for you to start with.
Going faster than your friend on 4s would impress him ;)
We can help you with gearing etc.

Found a nice quiet road 1,900 ft long so that should be the place
6S would do it easily. 8S is not bad, but the more volts you give a car it is harder to tune it and at that point you are just pushing through things that might be a problem.

6S would do it easily. 8S is not bad, but the more volts you give a car it is harder to tune it and at that point you are just pushing through things that might be a problem.
I'll add that higher voltage makes the car more "jumpy" and accident-prone. The lower voltage 4s-6s is considerably easier to learn on.

How's your far vision eyesight? I can't see past about 150 ft. Would surely crash or even lose my car. 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back