Kraton What are your thoughts on the following 3 name brand lipos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
I like to run 2 / 3 s lipos in my 6s Kraton or my 6s Notorious and i WOULD like to get some feedback would be greatly appercaited?
Yowoo
1598615097625.png

RoaringTop:
Raoring Top Lipos.jpg

SMC Extreme Graphene V2 PACKS:
1598614787402.png

I have a few of them Yowoo's and they puff easily if you run them too low. They do run strong though. I've puffed a couple in series so if you purchase those make sure both are evenly charged and perfectly balanced. With those I set my ESC to cut off higher in voltage because of that. The company has replaced my puffed packs with a single picture.

Running HRB and here mostly with a couple gensacearespammers (2S) and one DHC 4S.

If you read the information that comes from the manufacturers, many say not to run them below 3.7v / cell. I believe they are setting a high number because most people rely on LVC and don't run alarms on the balance ports. I run alarms on mine and I can tell you that under load the alarm will go off for 3.4v on one of the cells and when I pull the body off they are 3.7x or 3.8x at rest. What that tells me is that if you set your LVC to 3.2 or 3.4 you will very likely be damaging cells under load. When you hit the throttle hard on these motors and ESCs they can draw a lot of amps and when they do, voltags e drops temporarily. That is normal, but it means that if you rely on your ESC's LVC to stop you run a good chance of hurting cells. This is even more the case with running say 2x3S in a 6S truck. I have run a few packs through my Notorious with alarm and without. The one time I didn't alarm and ran it to LVC the voltages in some of the cells were lower than I like and there was much more variation between the cells. Most were in the 3.6x range but I had a cell at 3.46 and another at 3.39. Good chance I shortened the life a little there. They still balanced back up perfectly for storage charge, but when I run with alarms on the balance leads I can reliably stop in the low 3.7 volts range per cell at rest. When I hook those up to my charger afterwards the cells are much closer in voltage and I am certain it is much more healthy for them.

Run voltage alarms on the balance leads. They are cheap, light, and you can look in and see the voltages if you mount them decently. LVC should be set high and should only be a failsafe.

I've never heard of any of them. I use Zeee hard case and am really impressed with them.
For those who never heard of SMC, Racing lipo's are missing out #ARRMAFAMILY!!!
I have in my arsenal - Powerhobby's, / Electron's, GenAce and ZEE and was not very happy with them compared to my SMC Hardpack lipo.
I run when bashing 1 of these 4s SMC lipos and in my personal opinion on testing out al of these batteries I listed this is the one that I get the best results out of.
1598624143079.png

Now I ones I get my new v2 Infraction I will be running CHNL lipo's since I heard nothing but good things about these lwhen it comes to speed runs!
1598624614404.png

I use zeee and ovonic. Bought a few others but with mixed results.

For those who never heard of SMC, Racing lipo's are missing out #ARRMAFAMILY!!!
I have in my arsenal - Powerhobby's, / Electron's, GenAce and ZEE and was not very happy with them compared to my SMC Hardpack lipo.
I run when bashing 1 of these 4s SMC lipos and in my personal opinion on testing out al of these batteries I listed this is the one that I get the best results out of.
View attachment 96771
Now I ones I get my new v2 Infraction I will be running CHNL lipo's since I heard nothing but good things about these lwhen it comes to speed runs!
View attachment 96772

Sounds like you already had your mind made up on packs... Wondering why the thread then?

Here’s my opinion on those 4 batteries. I’m not sure who told you those are reputable lol.
Spectrums are just rebranded dynamite cells. Way overpriced. The other 3 are typical bottom of the barrel Chinese batteries. Fine and cheap but it’s always a risk from quality control. Really none of those 4 are a particularly good choice.

Here’s my opinion on those 4 batteries. I’m not sure who told you those are reputable lol.
Spectrums are just rebranded dynamite cells. Way overpriced. The other 3 are typical bottom of the barrel Chinese batteries. Fine and cheap but it’s always a risk from quality control. Really none of those 4 are a particularly good choice.
Got it.
The "reputable" was in regards to where to buy them.
"...sold on reputable sites"

Since I'm a newbie I was offering batteries that I have used and have not had issues with. These were simply ones I've used and also mentioned on the forum.

I apologize if I steered someone in the wrong direction.
I'll make sure to check out the "dynamite cells" as mentioned. Thanks for the clarification.

Interesting thing on the SMC V2 is that the 6400 mAh packs have the lowest voltage sag.
They now include the PF rating which is the voltage sag reading with the same load test across their product range.
If it says 389 that translates to a voltage sag per cell down to 3.89V

The 6400 mAh V2 packs are the only ones I have seen that maintain over 4V per cell with their standard test.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back