What are your thoughts on the Proline Trenchers belted tiers 3.8 17mm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO guys, the belted tires are good in a sense that they don't balloon, but you will loose speed due to them NOT ballooning. When the tires balloon they increase the outside diameter making the vehicle go faster, take that away, and you'll lose 10+mph.
I love the Dboots Copperheads on my Kraton V4 they balloon just enough to get that extra speed across the dirt.
My 2cents worth.

IMO guys, the belted tires are good in a sense that they don't balloon, but you will loose speed due to them NOT ballooning. When the tires balloon they increase the outside diameter making the vehicle go faster, take that away, and you'll lose 10+mph.
I love the Dboots Copperheads on my Kraton V4 they balloon just enough to get that extra speed across the dirt.
My 2cents worth.
tHANKS FOR CLEARING THE AIR, thats why I like to riun my T

My 2cents worth.
Also, like the SRC Monster Truck Terrain Crusher Belted & Preglued tires.
1576153259182.png

My 2cents worth.
As well as air control. If you like to jump, you probably like to be able to correct your rig in the air. That is much easier with some tire ballooning.

As well as air control. If you like to jump, you probably like to be able to correct your rig in the air. That is much easier with some tire ballooning.
100% agreed. Also, when the vehicle is turning and the inside wheel lifts off the ground, it’s that ballooning that keeps the tire contacting with the surface for more grip than a belted tire will.
On the other hand, belted tires also allow you to pop that larger pinion gear on to make up for the loss of speed.

Its been a few months now and honestly I don't know how your couldn't like the belted trenchers. In my opinion every other tire in its class is a toy. If you take the time to set your truck up for them they will not disappoint. I switched my motor out from the 1515 castle to a tekin race motor tho cause they were making it kinda hot on 6s. But other then that they are on another planet then other tires. I repeat, you can not just put them on and rip... you need to tune for the tire. I could seriously go race my outcast and it would give my rc8 a run for its money(it wouldn't win but I don't think I could lap it lol) and that's saying a lot. But w.e. that's just what I think.

Its been a few months now and honestly I don't know how your couldn't like the belted trenchers. In my opinion every other tire in its class is a toy. If you take the time to set your truck up for them they will not disappoint. I switched my motor out from the 1515 castle to a tekin race motor tho cause they were making it kinda hot on 6s. But other then that they are on another planet then other tires. I repeat, you can not just put them on and rip... you need to tune for the tire. I could seriously go race my outcast and it would give my rc8 a run for its money(it wouldn't win but I don't think I could lap it lol) and that's saying a lot. But w.e. that's just what I think.
What tuning did you do? What diff fluids are you using?

What tuning did you do? What diff fluids are you using?
I started with 50 all around but now I run 30k-50k-60k f-m-r seems to work awesome. It's weird to actually be able to steer an outcast full throttle on 6s.
I started with 50 all around but now I run 30k-50k-60k f-m-r seems to work awesome. It's weird to actually be able to steer an outcast full throttle on 6s.
But I run almost no toe now too... and I switch my shocks back to the stock spring rates with 70w rear and 50w front but i want to get softer springs and run maybe one more hole in the piston. But I'm to busy.

But I run almost no toe now too... and I switch my shocks back to the stock spring rates with 70w rear and 50w front but i want to get softer springs and run maybe one more hole in the piston. But I'm to busy.
That’s interesting. A lot of people here seem to bash with massively thick diff fluid. In the hundreds or millions. You went heavy tires and are running probably thinner fluid than most people here right?

The thinner fluid will let the power bleed to the wheel with the least resistance, which is probably part of his heat issues.

That’s interesting. A lot of people here seem to bash with massively thick diff fluid. In the hundreds or millions. You went heavy tires and are running probably thinner fluid than most people here right?
Yup!! I was running 70k-200k-100k but the tires are heavy lol with the thick fluid it cant do a diff job. Plus I couldn't steer lol so with the lighter it seriously is such a nice ride.
The thinner fluid will let the power bleed to the wheel with the least resistance, which is probably part of his heat issues.
I think it was just the weight..that motor would get hot with sling shots, or even the mashers on it. It cant hold 6s for more then like 5 minutes so I switched to a tekin and all my problems are fixed. Plus it rips !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back