What Arrma models would you drop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats interesting, I cant love the typhon. I just don't like that body.

I really wish for a 3S EXB, I might turn a Arma Vorteks Boost mega into one 😬
There are aftermarket parts for the Typhon 3s that are better than what you might find in an EXB. Yes, they cost a bit, but they are worth it if you are into 3s vehicles. I have two - a Typhon and an Infraction.

EXB parts are NOT all that. HH just wanted a piece of the Upgrade market culture
I feel the EXB chassis' are poorly stamped at that .. All while using Chinesium Monkey metal and fancy Branding for all the EXB parts. The EXB shock standoffs are horrible. The Steering top plate is probably insignificant of an upgrade and no better than a stocker is. I see Arrma is slipping in the EXB steering Top plate in most any rig now. Makes for a great box art feature and marketting. It's replacing the original one. Probably the exact same part and metal alloy, just anodized in Black with EXB branding. A scheme if you ask me.
It's all a conspiracy I tell you.:LOL:

The problem is the nero is iconic for the cantilever suspension, TVP chassis, and diff brain. Was the lawsuit over the diff brain or the suspension?

The lay down shocks, the waterproof receiver box and the center mount steering system. They could use a cantilever suspension all they want as long as the shocks don't lay down.

EXB parts are NOT all that. HH just wanted a piece of the Upgrade market culture
I feel the EXB chassis' are poorly stamped at that .. All while using Chinesium Monkey metal and fancy Branding for all the EXB parts. The EXB shock standoffs are horrible. The Steering top plate is probably insignificant of an upgrade and no better than a stocker is. I see Arrma is slipping in the EXB steering Top plate in most any rig now. Makes for a great box art feature and marketting. It's replacing the original one. Probably the exact same part and metal alloy, just anodized in Black with EXB branding. A scheme if you ask me.

The shock towers and Ackerman plate fall into that list as well. I bent the chassis, the Ackerman and the rear shock tower after a few light bash sessions with my Kraton EXB the body wasn't even scratched yet.

The Only EXB parts that are even worth getting are the bumpers, the chassis braces, servo mount and the diffs.

Last edited:

Buddy hit is Kraton full speed from a jump into a tree. Stock 6s Kraton. First thought it's totally wrecked. The front diff broke, chassis no problem. The chassis becomes stable because of what's mounted on it.

Arrma should drop the new 4s V2 line and replace it with a more robust design with a metal chassis plate. The amount of chassis damage that these 4s V2 vehicles are experiencing is ridiculous.

Buddy hit is Kraton full speed from a jump into a tree. Stock 6s Kraton. First thought it's totally wrecked. The front diff broke, chassis no problem. The chassis becomes stable because of what's mounted on it.
I have read other comments as well on how durable the stock Kraton 6s BLX is. (y)

+1
My point being that the Revised V5 standard LWB chassis was strengthened at the rear. It is stamped with 2 longitudinal recesses, where the V4 Chassis' would usually bend being Flat throughout . The EXB variant of the same still remains as a flat section in the rear. So it still will bend, despite the included EXB Alloy bracing and supposedly better/thicker alloy of the EXB chassis.

Arrma should drop the new 4s V2 line and replace it with a more robust design with a metal chassis plate. The amount of chassis damage that these 4s V2 vehicles are experiencing is ridiculous.
Extending plastic without redesigning I feel was a mistake... There is some serious science behind plastics, in many cases, a better application than metal.

When the 3S chassis break they almost look like the "monkey metal" you guys refer to on cheap gears. Just cheaper plastics as well. *Cough 8S Arms... Why do we need to boil them first? :LOL:

Boiling came from RPM and their recommendation to Boil "Their" proprietary Nylons for more flexibility, many years back. Yes it is a thing.
I don't see how boiling generic Composite plastics makes any difference at all.
It's just a placebo effect. Many think it can work.
And maybe for the worse?:unsure: Same with soaking them in WD40. NG, does nothing.
Tried it all.
I only Boil RPM parts. Yes it works.
With some RPM Arms however, becoming too flexible poses other issues depending on the rig in hand. Despite becoming more flexible, the Arms deform, stretch out, and axels can pop out. One example.

Last edited:
Boiling came from RPM and their recommendation to Boil "Their" proprietary Nylons for more flexibility, many years back. Yes it is a thing.
I don't see how boiling generic Composite plastics makes any difference at all.
It's just a placebo effect. Many think it can work.
And maybe for the worse?:unsure:
My point was that we shouldn't have to regardless of the efficacy of doing so. Although I have seen several reports that boiling the stock 8S arms for about 3 minutes helps quite a bit.

Edit: Stock 8S Arms, I have not heard too much bad about the RPM arms except they do not have a droop platform (no droop) and that the EXB shocks do not fit without grinding and removing material.

Last edited:
About 3 minutes??? You mean with the 1/5 8s RPM upgrade arms???? I thought the consensus was that even the RPM 8s arms were no good on that platform. The RPM's even stretched and deformed easily leading to even more Axel issues that inherently exists. Many going back to the stocker variants afterwards.
Why not boil for 8 minutes and 54 seconds?:LOL:
Hey RC is about experimenting.....
Go for it.:giggle:

Last edited:
To me, they really need their chassis updated. Better metal for 6S and more flexible plastic for 3S/4S.

Last edited:
M2C for the 6s line is answer.
An alloy chassis spine for the 4x4 rigs.
These are the alternatives in place already.
Out the box, RTR's will always need some modding. Just be careful how much you spend doing it. I can't justify dumping $600.00+ in upgrades in 4x4 parts to accomodate legit flaws in a rig that never get addressed by the OE.
If so, the platform is not a good one in the first place.
But we all abuse our rigs differently.

Last edited:
M2C for the 6s line is answer.
An alloy chassis spline for the 4x4 rigs.
These are the alternatives in place already.
Out the box, RTR's will always need some modding. Just be careful how much you spend doing it. I can't justify dumping $600.00+ in upgrades in 4x4 parts to accomodate legit flaws in a rig that never get addressed by the OE.
If so, the platform is not a good one in the first place.
But we all abuse our rigs differently.
Very true, but Arrma themselves need to improve. If you going to advertise "Just Bash It" and the vehicles bend and break. It's more like "Just Replace It!". Don't let another company come along and have a partnership with M2C, out of the box.

Last edited:
You miss the point. Or I did?
Yeah 'Arrma Tough', 'Just Bash it'.
But then there is always, Break, $$$FIX$$$ and Repeat. A viscious cycle. Driving Skill is the other part of the equation.
Many RC Celeb YT'ers promote all that Big Air and bashing Hard. Much damage is edited out. Looks like the rigs can handle all that abuse. We rush out to buy these and are left frustrated. Because we then expect our rigs to endure this abuse without much $damage$. Is what it is.
It's how these RC Brands stay in business. Making their Bottom line on the parts mostly. Upgrade brands also. Feeding off the frenzy of BS poorly designed OE parts. Just part and parcel of the RC Hobby since day 1. The same business model since I started RC in the late 80's.
We all have different expectations and different wallets. I pick and choose my battles carefully as a result. What to buy.

Last edited:
Very true, but Arrma themselves need to improve. If you going to advertise "Just Bash It" and the vehicles bend and break. It's more like "Just Replace It!". Don't let another company come along and have a partnership with M2C, out of the box.
Arrma also advertises their cars as ready to run, but as we all know this is false because they suck at assembling these things.

And yet we still buy them... :LOL: :LOL:

I think my 3s cars have been the best built out of all of them. So far 8s takes the cake for worst built, 6s next.

Initial QA/QC my Traxxas rigs hands down best built but also a bit more expensive.

Extending plastic without redesigning I feel was a mistake... There is some serious science behind plastics, in many cases, a better application than metal.

When the 3S chassis break they almost look like the "monkey metal" you guys refer to on cheap gears. Just cheaper plastics as well. *Cough 8S Arms... Why do we need to boil them first? :LOL:
IF Arrma used $carbon composite$ resins with their 4x4 chassis, that would solve it. Using the same mold.
But cheaper plastics keep the price low. I feel the 4x4 platform was stretched out beyond it's original design limits. V2 4s rigs appearing like a quick money grab. Many were hungry for the failed V1, HH saw a "want" for a new release. The V1's disappeared for quite a while. HH had plenty of time to test the market before they decided to make a V2, 4x4.
Maybe the V1 was intended to be discontinued indefinitely.
The 6s line runs fine on 4s. Why create a V2 4x4, the exact size of a 6s Notorious , which is more durable right out the box. Sure the 6s Noto. costs more. But to sink more $$ to make a V2 as durable makes no sense. Will cost the same and more in the end.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back