What Arrma models would you drop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’re going to have to drop something to cut cost. To many products and too much packaging, body shells and parts to keep track of. They need Gordon Ramsay to come in, there’s too much on the menu at this restaurant...idk what it would be though. Is the Vandetta a big seller?, 2wd sucks, Tlr that no one races, looks like the fire team is gone and we all are going to be Kicking ourselves for not buying one at 400$, the Barbie paint schemes can go, slow Infraction mega (why?), 700$ talion, looks like the noto is no no and on its way out and a bargain at 450$...

And yet we still buy them... :LOL: :LOL:

I think my 3s cars have been the best built out of all of them. So far 8s takes the cake for worst built, 6s next.

Initial QA/QC my Traxxas rigs hands down best built but also a bit more expensive.
Traxass I agree. Their stuff is made in Taiwan, like Losi's.
The problem is with China production. More of business cultural issue. And cheaper to produce there. HH is more concerned about their bottom line. So we get poorly built models from Arrma. And HH will warranty for 2 years. Only Axial and Arrma have this warranty of all the RC brands out there. The warranty does cost HH some coin there, FWIW.
Funny how Axial is also made in China, yet comes better built. The 2 RTR Crawlers I got. If Arrma's were made in Taiwan, QC would be much better.
I was disappointed in my FT out the box. Nothing new. Same old non extistent/poor QC.
Justified with the Sale price I got. A nice rig.
My TLRT roller was the best QC example I ever got. Just about perfect. A fluke like it was built at Arrma, UK. Except for the low diff oil. And I think Arrma does that on purpose. Sil. Oil is expensive. Arrma must go through 55 gallon drums of silicone oil. ( shocks and diffs) I also wonder why Arrma does not sell diff or shock oil.
They’re going to have to drop something to cut cost. To many products and too much packaging, body shells and parts to keep track of. They need Gordon Ramsay to come in, there’s too much on the menu at this restaurant...idk what it would be though. Is the Vandetta a big seller?, 2wd sucks, Tlr that no one races, looks like the fire team is gone and we all are going to be Kicking ourselves for not buying one at 400$, the Barbie paint schemes can go, slow Infraction mega (why?), 700$ talion, looks like the noto is no no and on its way out and a bargain at 450$...
I do feel the FT costs HH a bunch to produce. That FT body alone must cost a bunch of labor to make and assemble. Over engineered. Hand brake and all.
Seems the body is more structural to the chassis of all the Arrma rigs out there. With the 4 chassis pins and Fr and Rr bumpers that lock into the body.
And it uses a single 1/5 fat Fr body post. All the posts mounting to the Cage. Seem strong. Must have been expensive to design and make.
They must be losing money (some bottom line) on the FT IMHO. The cost to produce it and all. I think with all the global inflation we will see RC goods creep up in price.
Arrma only increases their pricing when they introduce a Revision. Revisions that rarely justify the new increased price. I can't see HH totally abandoning the FT. They have too much invested. They can do a light refresh and probably get away with charging more.

Last edited:
The problem is the nero is iconic for the cantilever suspension, TVP chassis, and diff brain. Was the lawsuit over the diff brain or the suspension?
The premise for the Trx/Hobbico suit pointed out the similarities with the their TRX product. The E-Revo I believe.
The overall premise was that a consumer would "mistake" the Nero for for their Trx product. That it appeared the same. But yeah the Laydown Shocks supposedly had a Trx patent. Just that Laydown shocks have been used for several other RC brand rigs before. Not a new concept at all.
TRX has a Legal Team dept. of Atty's who search for Patent infringements among their top competitors. Trx creates patents for designs that have been shared among many RC brands many years prior. TRX just gets a a Patent for them in place then sues the Competitor brand. Many RC models are just revamped designs of each other. TRX doesn't play nice with others in the RC industry. They want it all.
Hobbico tanked for this and other reasons. If HH didn't buy Arrma and Axial brands during Hobbico's Bankruptcy liquidation, there would be no Arrma Brand currently. And there would be no Arrmaforum.:unsure:

Last edited:
The premise for the Trx/Hobbico suit pointed out the similarities with the their TRX product. The E-Revo I believe.
The overall premise was that a consumer would "mistake" the Nero for for their Trx product. That it appeared the same. But yeah the Laydown Shocks supposedly had a Trx patent. Just that Laydown shocks have been used for several other RC brand rigs before. Not a new concept at all.
TRX has a Legal Team dept. of Atty's who search for Patent infringements among their top competitors. Trx creates patents for designs that have been shared among many RC brands many years prior. TRX just gets a a Patent for them in place then sues the Competitor brand. Many RC models are just revamped designs of each other. TRX doesn't play nice with others in the RC industry. They want it all.
Hobbico tanked for this and other reasons. If HH didn't buy Arrma and Axial brands during Hobbico's Bankruptcy liquidation, there would be no Arrma Brand currently. And there would be no Arrmaforum.:unsure:
Even if Traxxas wouldn't have sued Hobbico, Hobbico still would have filed for bankruptcy, they were struggling with their finances for a few years prior. Only a small fraction of the $50 million dollars they were in debt was from Traxxas.

-edit- let's not forget that Arrma patented the scratch off paint on the Notorious or at least tried to anyway as I remember the product page for the Notorious saying that it was patent pending.

Last edited:
The mega line. It's a mega disappointment.
I could not agree more. I just tried to replace parts on my 4s V2 only to find out I had bought $40 worth of metal mega parts! Why the hell would Arrma even make different upgrade parts for the mega line?

image.jpg

I could not agree more. I just tried to replace parts on my 4s V2 only to find out I had bought $40 worth of metal mega parts! Why the hell would Arrma even make different upgrade parts for the mega line?

View attachment 261631

Because the Mega models are 99% the same as the 3s models. Those are the Outdrives for the cvds for the Mega and 3s models. You bought parts for the wrong car, that isn't Arrmas fault.

Because the Mega models are 99% the same as the 3s models. Those are the Outdrives for the cvds for the Mega and 3s models. You bought parts for the wrong car, that isn't Arrmas fault.
My bad. I thought this thread was about things we would drop. Not a place to swing on Arrmas dong. LOL I own nearly all the Arrmas so I’m a fan but putting metal parts on a mega is something I personally wouldn’t do: Hsve you ever picked up the wrong part?
Did you enjoy it? I did not enjoy it. Mega is a waste of money for anyone old enough to own a computer or smart phone. These are just my opinions though.

The entire 3S line.

There I said it. 🤪
The 3S line was perfect for me and my adult son. We already race indoor RC cars and wanted something that was a reasonable price and would be a blast outdoors so we bought a Typhoon 3S buggy and my son loves it. We have had it for a couple of years and made minor updates, gearing etc. and of course repairs. For us indoor racing is our serious sport and outdoor with the Typhoon is our serious fun.

Might just be me but I don’t see the point of the Typhon TLR. You would not race that buggy and it does not seem like a bash around rig either. Maybe I’m missing something……
The damn thing is pink and purple. Looks cartoonish for what’s supposed to be a track ready roller. Hard to take pink serious. Just my thoughts though

The Outcast/Notorious is an easy one to get rid of one or the other and offer the body as an option.

The Fireteam could either go or be reintroduced with a less nerdy body. Judging from the insane sale prices, it’s safe to say it was a bit of a flop.

The Talion could be a builder option/accessory kit for the Kraton.

The budget like stuff really needs to be cut down to one product line.

The 2wd line would have been fine if it was not a 4wd mega stripped of a diff and a center shaft... if they did a fury 2.0 it. Would have been perfect. Hope they have some good stuff cooking because there has been nothing really fantastic lately. Since they released the infraction kraton exb and felony it has been pretty dissapointing
The mega line should go away. Or trully be brushless ready. Ditch that mega spur gear... its a 60$ upgrade or so to the user.

As a total noob idiot, it was really interesting and insightful to read this thread.

Arrma has some challenges.

What is the best RC car company, and why?

Arrma also advertises their cars as ready to run, but as we all know this is false because they suck at assembling these things.
ARRma.
Ever wonder why there are 2 letter "R's"
The ARR = Almost Ready to Run.:giggle:
It's an inside joke at Arrma, on us.

Last edited:
Which many do or sell quickly. Those are usually the best Buys.....;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back