Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

Granite What batteries are you running in your Voltage?

Replacement

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, Voltage
I just picked up 2 Voltage trucks, one for each of my boys and want to see what you guys are doing for batteries. They are new to the hobby and I've been out of it for 20yrs. I also just picked up a Kraton. I don't have a charger yet, but will be getting one soon for that.

Should I just pick up some more 18650 batteries? If so, are there ones out there that are good quality and lower priced?

Jimmyjam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Voltage
I just picked up 2 Voltage trucks, one for each of my boys and want to see what you guys are doing for batteries. They are new to the hobby and I've been out of it for 20yrs. I also just picked up a Kraton. I don't have a charger yet, but will be getting one soon for that.

Should I just pick up some more 18650 batteries? If so, are there ones out there that are good quality and lower priced?
I would only use the brand that came with the truck. they are button capped and a little longer than all the other 18650 batteries. or go 2s lipo

rcjmrl46

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Voltage
I went 2s Lipo straight out the box as I already had them for my crawler. Lipo battery type I am currently using is Zippy/5200mah/25C. It is a snug fit with using these Lipo due to cable position.

apocalypse

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious
18650 Rechargeable Battery,Soonbuy 3.7V 3500mAh Protected Lithium-ion Batteries 4 Packs for Flashlight Torch

E-fanatic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
Will flat top 18650s work? My helper has this truck and looking for more batteries. The only high drain and capacity batts I can find are all flat top

sadlerbw

Reaction score
I ran 2S LiPos in mine before I converted to brushless. The truck doesn’t use a ton of power, so you can get away with a pretty small LiPo and still get decent runtime. I never tried them personally, but I recall hearing that the truck has problems with flat-top 18650’s.

Replacement

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, Voltage
After installing a brushless system in one of our Voltages, I had nearly 50 minutes of run time today on the 6200mAh Ovonics.

Righteous
How are the Ovonics batteries holding up? I was thinking about picking some up for these trucks.

sadlerbw

Reaction score
I only have one Ovonic that has much use, and it is a smaller 3S pack. I don't have any problems with it though. The cells stay nicely balanced and all the ones I've purchased have come with plug-savers on the balance plug which I appreciate. Capacity has been reasonably close to what was advertised as well.

My experience with Zeee hasn't been as good. The capacity has been accurate, but I've had problems with cells draining at different rates on the one I have. Of course, this is a sample size of one battery, so maybe I just got the Monday morning special!

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.