Granite What batteries are you running in your Voltage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Replacement

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
I just picked up 2 Voltage trucks, one for each of my boys and want to see what you guys are doing for batteries. They are new to the hobby and I've been out of it for 20yrs. I also just picked up a Kraton. I don't have a charger yet, but will be getting one soon for that.

Should I just pick up some more 18650 batteries? If so, are there ones out there that are good quality and lower priced?

I just picked up 2 Voltage trucks, one for each of my boys and want to see what you guys are doing for batteries. They are new to the hobby and I've been out of it for 20yrs. I also just picked up a Kraton. I don't have a charger yet, but will be getting one soon for that.

Should I just pick up some more 18650 batteries? If so, are there ones out there that are good quality and lower priced?

I would only use the brand that came with the truck. they are button capped and a little longer than all the other 18650 batteries. or go 2s lipo

I went 2s Lipo straight out the box as I already had them for my crawler. Lipo battery type I am currently using is Zippy/5200mah/25C. It is a snug fit with using these Lipo due to cable position.

18650 Rechargeable Battery,Soonbuy 3.7V 3500mAh Protected Lithium-ion Batteries 4 Packs for Flashlight Torch

I'm using all LiPo 2S.

I've got Zeee 5200 mAh (about $48/pr on Amazon) and OVONICS 6200mAh (about $55/pair on eBay), all are 50c.

My charger is a Venom ProDuo. I'm very happy with this setup.

Attachments

• 2F5AD5E2-4D03-4C2E-83A2-51DD9AB3988B.jpeg
    2F5AD5E2-4D03-4C2E-83A2-51DD9AB3988B.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 99
Will flat top 18650s work? My helper has this truck and looking for more batteries. The only high drain and capacity batts I can find are all flat top

I ran 2S LiPos in mine before I converted to brushless. The truck doesn’t use a ton of power, so you can get away with a pretty small LiPo and still get decent runtime. I never tried them personally, but I recall hearing that the truck has problems with flat-top 18650’s.

After installing a brushless system in one of our Voltages, I had nearly 50 minutes of run time today on the 6200mAh Ovonics.

Righteous
How are the Ovonics batteries holding up? I was thinking about picking some up for these trucks.

I only have one Ovonic that has much use, and it is a smaller 3S pack. I don't have any problems with it though. The cells stay nicely balanced and all the ones I've purchased have come with plug-savers on the balance plug which I appreciate. Capacity has been reasonably close to what was advertised as well.

My experience with Zeee hasn't been as good. The capacity has been accurate, but I've had problems with cells draining at different rates on the one I have. Of course, this is a sample size of one battery, so maybe I just got the Monday morning special!

I run the Zeee 5200mah 2s in my Voltage snug fit in the batterry tray with the balance lead but it fits.

Attachments

• IMG_20190514_170126.jpg
    IMG_20190514_170126.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20190514_165712.jpg
    IMG_20190514_165712.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 186
I had ordered a couple 5000mah 2S for mine but I forgot to double check the battery tray spec and they are too long for the battery tray. :(
Doh!

I also used ovonic, I got a 7600mAh 3S 50C with EC5 Plug, good experience and quality. I found that they have a website, the price is sometimes more favorable, so I will compare with amazon and eBay.

You will love the run time difference in terms of a NiMH battery and the Granite Voltage soars with a nice 2S Lipo. That said for the littler kids or for general bashing I found the Lion batteries actually fairly convenient and decent, and in my nonexpert opinion seems to be about the same power output as an NiMH. So, if you have an RC car battery setup (charger, batteries, etc.) def go that route, but it actually isn't necessary on the Voltage for more casual or younger kid running and bashing.

I also used ovonic, I got a 7600mAh 3S 50C with EC5 Plug, good experience and quality. I found that they have a website, the price is sometimes more favorable, so I will compare with amazon and eBay.
Hi will the 5200 3s fit in the Granite Voltage for this brand?

Hey guys what 3s would you recommend that I use with my Voltage? Will the 3s 5200 work or can I go higher? Keep in mind I would want it to fit in the battery tray without modification.

What are the lipo tray dimensions listed in the manual? You need to know this before you purchase lipos.
All lipo's and their various capacities differ greatly in size. So many lipos out there.:unsure:
If running a brushed motor, do you feel 3s is a good idea?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back