What big boy toys do y'all have

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_RC_Corpses

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
Here's my 2007 FJ Cruiser in all her filthy glory. It has a 3" rugged ridge lift, 16" KMC XD series hoss wheels, 33" MT's, Total chaos upper control arms, and Smitty built rock sliders.
IMG_20150923_172303.jpg
IMG_20150923_185231.jpg
IMG_20150923_190935.jpg
IMG_20150924_083754.jpg

Big boy toy story from today...

We had our Superformance Cobra replica, details in the full scale toys thread linked above, at Gingerman raceway today. Just had some new slicks mounted up which, in hindsight, had spun a bit on the rear rims throughout the day. The resulting imbalance caused the rear end to come around on me under braking entering turn 11 at somewhere around 120 mph. Skidded down the track sideways for a couple hundred feet and ended up in the infield. Luckily the car is fine and so are my boxers. Yikes! :eek:

Some pics of the resulting mess...

IMG_5271.JPG
IMG_5272.JPG
IMG_5281.PNG

We had our Superformance Cobra replica, details in the full scale toys thread linked above, at Gingerman raceway today. Just had some new slicks mounted up which, in hindsight, had spun a bit on the rear rims throughout the day. The resulting imbalance caused the rear end to come around on me under braking entering turn 11 at somewhere around 120 mph. Skidded down the track sideways for a couple hundred feet and ended up in the infield. Luckily the car is fine and so are my boxers. Yikes! :eek:

Some pics of the resulting mess...

View attachment 11432 View attachment 11433 View attachment 11434
I'm glad you already addressed it cause I would've asked if you needed a new pair of drawers. Sweet ride man

Time to screw those tires on. I had the same problem with my wagon after we put the big block in the front and Hoosier drag slicks on the rear. We marked the tires and rims to see if they would move and after the first run at the track both rear wheels moved a good 4-6 inches on the rims. Fortunately because the car is so heavy we had already put inner tubes in them so they stayed inflated even though they moved so much. We run Mickey Thompson ET Streets, street legal drag tires now, but still put 10 screws in each tire/wheel set (5 on the front and 5 on the back). Basically the cheap version of a beadlock.

Long before RC's came into my life I was wrenching on cars (while I lived at home) drag racing when I could.... Here's the setup back in 2008 (I was visiting some GTO buddies in New Jersey @ Atco)

From right to left
2004 Duramax... Has chrome XD Badlands and Nitto Terra Grapplers now.
2004 Yamaha Raptor 660...
2004 GTI.... ProCharged with methanol injection! Garage queen for years.. by choice, to spend all the time possible with my two young boys!

Attachments

• Atco-Nov1st001.jpg
    Atco-Nov1st001.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 52
Time to screw those tires on. I had the same problem with my wagon after we put the big block in the front and Hoosier drag slicks on the rear. We marked the tires and rims to see if they would move and after the first run at the track both rear wheels moved a good 4-6 inches on the rims. Fortunately because the car is so heavy we had already put inner tubes in them so they stayed inflated even though they moved so much. We run Mickey Thompson ET Streets, street legal drag tires now, but still put 10 screws in each tire/wheel set (5 on the front and 5 on the back). Basically the cheap version of a beadlock.

I am hoping it does not come to that. Those are halibrand wheels with knock offs and I feel screwing them would be the equivalent of black socks with sandals. We've got a couple of other less invasive tricks to try first and hopefully one of them works.

I am hoping it does not come to that. Those are halibrand wheels with knock offs and I feel screwing them would be the equivalent of black socks with sandals. We've got a couple of other less invasive tricks to try first and hopefully one of them works.

I know some people will just put screws on the back side if their tires don't move to much and they don't want to see the screws or put holes in front of their rims. But I also totally get not wanting to put any screws in those rims. Either way hope you figure out how to keep your rubber on the car and keep it driving the right direction.

My pride and joy until April of 2017. My 2005 Harley Davidson Road King. I sent her to her new owner and it was a very hard day for me that's for sure. I have more money in her then I want to say buts it's like everything I guess. Build it to fit your personality, ride it or drive it, Make good memories with your better 1/2 and send her down the road as there is always something or a newer hobby to take part in....Peace guys and always rubber side down !!!!!

Attachments

• My Harley.jpg
    My Harley.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 44
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back