Kraton What Bodies will fit Kraton chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasaero

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
What bodies will fit my 6S BLX V1 Kraton without to much modification? I'm looking to lower ride height do some speed, drag and drifting not looking at heavy bashing or big air jumps. I like the looks of the Notorious, Outcast and Infraction truck style bodies? Senton and Brute might work. What aftermarket bodies are out there? I've seen a VW 1/8 Baja and a couple of other 1/8th styles but when they don't provide dimensions its difficult to judge if it will fit. Thanks for help

Attachments

• x11.jpg
    x11.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 726
  • x14.jpg
    x14.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 156
Thanks for the link, some interesting aftermarket body suggestions but no info on which ARRMA bodies will work like the Notorious or Brute?
There's no info because basically the only one that fits the Kraton besides the Kraton body is the Talion, but even then you need body mounts and body posts. And Arrma does not make a model called the Brute. Proline Racing does make a body called the Brute specifically for the Kraton but its kind of overpriced for what it is. This is everything that proline sells that "fits" (your results will vary)
https://www.prolineracing.com/arrma-kraton/

There's no info because basically the only one that fits the Kraton besides the Kraton body is the Talion, but even then you need body mounts and body posts. And Arrma does not make a model called the Brute. Proline Racing does make a body called the Brute specifically for the Kraton but its kind of overpriced for what it is. This is everything that proline sells that "fits" (your results will vary)

I have that Chevy body I think. I started cutting it out and it looks like it'll fit well but haven't been motivated enough to get er done. I do like it though and I've seen it looks good on the Kraton. If it were a Ford I'd prolly have already finished it...lol
What bodies will fit my 6S BLX V1 Kraton without to much modification? I'm looking to lower ride height do some speed, drag and drifting not looking at heavy bashing or big air jumps. I like the looks of the Notorious, Outcast and Infraction truck style bodies? Senton and Brute might work. What aftermarket bodies are out there? I've seen a VW 1/8 Baja and a couple of other 1/8th styles but when they don't provide dimensions its difficult to judge if it will fit. Thanks for help

Is that a "tray jack" that you're using for a truck stand? I like it. Typically used in restaurants that allow for service staff to use trays to carry food out. Sorry if I'm wrong but curious. It's been a long time and haven't seen one in a while but I remember them always breaking, being replaced and easy to come by in certain houses. Bummed I missed my chance. Perfect height.

Last edited:
I have that Chevy body I think. I started cutting it out and it looks like it'll fit well but haven't been motivated enough to get er done. I do like it though and I've seen it looks good on the Kraton. If it were a Ford I'd prolly have already finished it...lol

Is that a "tray jack" that you're using for a truck stand? I like it. Typically used in restaurants that allow for service staff to use trays to carry food out. Sorry if I'm wrong but curious. It's been a long time and haven't seen one in a while but I remember them always breaking, being replaced and easy to come by in certain houses. Bummed I missed my chance. Perfect height.
I just noticed that is a V1 Kraton in those pics.

I just noticed that is a V1 Kraton in those pics.
Yes it's a V1, has a few upgrades and it was a bargain, I'm contacting Horizon to see if they will replace the ESC as many on the forum have suggested, apparently it is a serious hazard. And yes the 'tray jack' has been in my shop for years, comes in handy for many RC things. When I was racing large gas boats it was perfect for holding them in the pits etc.
My bad call on the Brute, I saw Kraton and Brute together and assumed ARRMA. With some changes to body posts and maybe shock towers which are not to difficult to do will Notorious or Outcast bodies work? I've seen painted bodies of both available for around $60 or less and on Ebay there was a custom painted Brute body for under $80. The clear unpainted bodies look like they are in the $40 range so with paint etc those prices don't seem to bad. The Summitlink VW Baja is priced at $30 w/free shipping and comes clear or painted in several styles, would probably have to reinforce to make it durable for bashing.

Last edited:
Yes it's a V1, has a few upgrades and it was a bargain, I'm contacting Horizon to see if they will replace the ESC as many on the forum have suggested, apparently it is a serious hazard. And yes the 'tray jack' has been in my shop for years, comes in handy for many RC things. When I was racing large gas boats it was perfect for holding them in the pits etc.

My bad call on the Brute, I saw Kraton and Brute together and assumed ARRMA. With some changes to body posts and maybe shock towers which are not to difficult to do will Notorious or Outcast bodies work? I've seen painted bodies of both available for around $60 or less and on Ebay there was a custom painted Brute body for under $80. The clear unpainted bodies look like they are in the $40 range so with paint etc those prices don't seem to bad. The Summitlink VW Baja is priced at $30 w/free shipping and comes clear or painted in several styles, would probably have to reinforce to make it durable for bashing.
No need to change the shock towers they are the same on the Kraton, Outcast and Notorious.

I've seen a Kraton with the Outcast body and it looks kind of weird.

F17F201D-1778-498E-865D-D2729ED80D4C.jpeg

And I found another Kraton body thread https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-kraton-stock-body-alternatives.24/

Ok, so I decided to try the Summitlink VW Baja body, these are available on Ebay and Amazon, I ordered mine from Amazon and received it within a couple days no problems. The bodies are available clear or pre-painted in several schemes. I chose the 'Graffiti Pig' scheme, very colorful. I did two vehicles. first I did my RC Volcano EXP Pro 1/10 just to check things out, then I ordered the 1/8 body for my Kraton. The Summitlink bodies are on the affordable (cheaper) side and are not the most durable bodies out there; however I always strengthen my bodies using nylon strapping tape and a good bias ply tape. Check out the pics you can see what I did on both the EXP Pro and the Kraton. I contacted Summitlink to ask what plastic they used, lexan or polycarb or some other? but never got a reply. As you can see in the pics I modified the rear body post mounts on the Kraton and picked up the AR320357 body posts parts kit. The front body posts on the Kraton just had to be mounted to the front side of shock mount instead of the rear. I also spray the inside of the bodies with Rustoleum flex coating after I have applied the tape. When applying the tape use cross plies, 90* and 45* to increase strength and maintain flex. The silver/gray tape is a bias weave tape that I use to help with impact resistance and where holes are reamed. Pics should show everything, just ask if you need more info., thanks and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0840.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0815.JPG
    IMG_0815.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 110
With reinforcement these bodies last quite a while, I have one that is over 2 years old but it's seen better days.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back