What body's, fit the granite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blxer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Me, again!
I've been putting my granite blx, through the ringer! The body is tough, but has a few rips in the body. I've done the shoe goo & mesh tape trick. I just want a different look, kinda make it unique.
Does anyone know, what brand body's fit the granite without mods? Or if mods are necessary, nothing to crazy.
Thanks in advance....

Parma makes some inexpensive lids... I would go with somthing along the lines of .60 thick lexan! you will find that on larger bodies for emaxx and certian specialty trucks like the hummer, bus, firetruck... for a direct fit go with any 1 10 scale truck body. OR. You can be like me and buy some body post extenders. i got some duratrax 10 scale 4in long post and screwed them into the pre existing holes. I also put the front body post on its highest level. Now i can use any body i want! Except for on of those trucks that have no hood and are really tall at the front. 1432448790556-763680989.jpg

I remeber the brand cobra racing and their 3.5in post fit snugly into the holes of the front post and give about .5 in more then the stock front.

Anyway im sure your worried about how durable it is and i would say very if you install them correctly the arrma plastic is bendable around the post holes to keep things from breaking. I have taken a good 10 rollovers or so and landed on the roof a few times and have yet to break it....

P.s. i would really really like to see one of these on a granite. I think they both neat. Only the monster car is .60 thick tho.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000L...41&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=1+10+parma

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0028...=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=1+10+clear+body

Attachments

• 1432448670314250845151.jpg
    1432448670314250845151.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 225
Thanks, everyone!
While we're kinda on the same subject, what about front body post? Are there any out there, that will mount up to the arrma granite body mounts? I tried ordering some original body post from, hobbyhobby, a Canadian site, and they ended up keeping $20.00 of my money! After I had to cancel my order, due to $17.00 shipping cost for a $9.00 part! Ridiculous! But, yah they robbed me!
Anyway, tower hobbies has extended the arrma granite body post arrival, again! I just need the front posts, are there any aftermarket body posts out there that will fit? Like, traxxas, tamiya, proline, ect...
Thanks in advance.....

Parma makes some inexpensive lids... I would go with somthing along the lines of .60 thick lexan! you will find that on larger bodies for emaxx and certian specialty trucks like the hummer, bus, firetruck... for a direct fit go with any 1 10 scale truck body. OR. You can be like me and buy some body post extenders. i got some duratrax 10 scale 4in long post and screwed them into the pre existing holes. I also put the front body post on its highest level. Now i can use any body i want! Except for on of those trucks that have no hood and are really tall at the front.View attachment 42

I remeber the brand cobra racing and their 3.5in post fit snugly into the holes of the front post and give about .5 in more then the stock front.

Anyway im sure your worried about how durable it is and i would say very if you install them correctly the arrma plastic is bendable around the post holes to keep things from breaking. I have taken a good 10 rollovers or so and landed on the roof a few times and have yet to break it....

P.s. i would really really like to see one of these on a granite. I think they both neat. Only the monster car is .60 thick tho.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000L...41&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=1+10+parma

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0028...=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=1+10+clear+body

Darren Wes, do you think those duratrax body post will fit the front, body mount holes? I know they wont line up with holes in granite body, but I wont mind using a paper hole pucher to make holes closer together. I just need to know if the diameter of the duratrax body post will fit the arrma body mounts?
Thanks in advance...

So the easy answer....no. the front posts on top are wider then the holes at bottom. Cant imagine anything to directly fitting it in.
The duratrax 4In post I used on the rear and used the new screws it comes with
https://www.google.com/search?q=dur...G4DA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#spd=14547736533791529083
The front it a little different even more because you need to find somthing snug enough to not fall out on it or you will have to fabriacte your own....there are pin/screw holders near the bottom of the front mount to hold it in place... which would be hard to replicate
https://www.google.com/search?q=rc+...AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=452#spd=1579874710710714059
these fit very snug and you will not have to drill holes in the post For a screw because of that.. they extend far down so you have to worry about them falling out too easy.. all I did was take those cobra posts and cut the screw end off and shoved um in the holes...least amount of fabrication! They didnt come loose on me... I went back to the stock holders so I could use my mock intake on the hood.

2 things. You will have to change body mount holes in the front if tou chage to another post. 2 have u tried making sure you extend the stock on high so you get 2x crashes out of the front instead of 1

Thanks, I had the front post at their lowest setting, when they broke. I now have 4 zip ties and super glue holding front post on. It works, until the granite flips and lands on the front end! I'll definitely look into those posts your talking about. Eventually, if I don't get some posts, the whole front end will be coated with super glue.

I wish mine had broke like that, I'd still be able too use them. I can't find any of those, cobra racing body post. Are they under a different manufacturers name?
Are most, 1/10 scale body post the same diameter?

Thanks, I found them on ole eBay, #2227 Going to order them this evening. My, local hobby shop is 2hrs away, so online is my best source.

Just had an idea... if you don't rush and take off the front mount holer first you can leave the bottoms and there will be 0 chance of them coming off the rig.

Btw the posts look like they make the hood stand way out... more scale-like! Good stuff... wish i could have gotten away with that

Thanks! I took your advice about green shock socks. I bought some, Krylon all purpose florescent green spray paint. I am painting the arrma stock shock springs, and the drywall mesh tape. I might take it a step further and paint the shock caps and the bottom red part on the shock body.
Just depends on how bad it sticks out with the green springs. Or I could take a black permanent marker, and color the red shock parts black? Would be less work using marker! :)
It should be ready in the morning, have to let the shoe goo set up on the mesh tape.
Also, the body is almost a 8th of an inch thick, and feels rubbery when I twist it. Hopefully it will hold up, only time will tell. And a few flips and roll overs! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back