What brand 500k or 1m diff oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYfan2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s

I ordered 500k diff oil at my lhs, in 500k they only have the Traxxas diff oil, when I received it I was amazed how tiny the bottle is.
Normally I have Team Corally diff oil but they only go to 100k.
Team Corally is € 5,95 for a bottle of 60ml/20oz. the Traxxas was € 8,95 for 20ml/6oz. so the Traxxas diff. oil is 450% more expensive then Team Corally!

What brand of 500k / 1m diff oil do you use?

I use Team Associated....silicon oil is silicon oil. The only possible variation I can see would be the chemicals and the ratio's of, that they use to thicken the silicon oil to the various viscosities so long as you get a known brand it doesn't (or shouldn't) matter

Traxxas diff/shock oil is just low grade rebranded cr@p with a premium price.
if you want premium oil with premium consistency... kyosho all day long

I got Kyosho because no one has the Team Associated. I haven't used it yet so I can't tell you much other than it costs 16 bucks.

I use "CoreRC" silicone for all my shocks and diffs as they come in nice big bottles (60ml), cover all weights/viscosities and are reasonably priced (£3.79 here in the UK which is around $5 a bottle).

View attachment 40427

I don’t vape, but it looked like vape juice ?

I try to stick to one brand for everything if I can, then I know how it will respond better as not all brands are the same viscocity. I run associated in my stuff. I did pick up a bottle of hudy for my stampede center diff as I needed a bit stiffer than what I had and associated didn't offer it. I never did use it though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back