Senton What brand of tools do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These was $40 i like them a lot no stripped screws no more
The stock loctite comes right off

image.jpg

Anything that works and fits your budget.

After using Dynamite hex driver for years without much issues, I just recently purchased a set of MIPs. They‘re ugly as sin, but their fit is extraordinary. Highly recommended.

I'm on my 4th set of tools, I bought one of those rc starter kits that dynamite, Traxxas, Duratrax and everyone made for $20, the 1.5 and 2mm rounded out after about 6 months of use. I tried the red aluminum handled dynamite ones, again the 1.5 and 2mm round the tips out after about 6 months. So I spent the big bucks and bought the MIP Thorp that everyone and their mom recommended and again the 1.5 and 2mm were rounded out after 6 months of use. So I decided to just buy the Amazon cheapos. I figure if they are only going last 6 months no need to spend $40 on a set of screw drivers. I'm not the only one who has had these issues with other brands including MIP. So I know it's not just me.

After using Dynamite hex driver for years without much issues, I just recently purchased a set of MIPs. They‘re ugly as sin, but their fit is extraordinary. Highly recommended.
just buy the speed tips you can use them with any screwdriver or drill i use my milwaukee m12 screwdriver and my wera ratcheting screwdriver and its perfection
mip9512_2.jpg

just buy the speed tips you can use them with any screwdriver or drill i use my milwaukee m12 screwdriver and my wera ratcheting screwdriver and its perfection
mip9512_2.jpg

This is exactly what I did too. I had metric allen wrenches when I bought my Kraton. When the 2mm would fit in a 1.5mm hex, I promptly put them away and waited on the MIPs to check all the screws.

I'm on my 4th set of tools, I bought one of those rc starter kits that dynamite, Traxxas, Duratrax and everyone made for $20, the 1.5 and 2mm rounded out after about 6 months of use. I tried the red aluminum handled dynamite ones, again the 1.5 and 2mm round the tips out after about 6 months. So I spent the big bucks and bought the MIP Thorp that everyone and their mom recommended and again the 1.5 and 2mm were rounded out after 6 months of use. So I decided to just buy the Amazon cheapos. I figure if they are only going last 6 months no need to spend $40 on a set of screw drivers. I'm not the only one who has had these issues with other brands including MIP. So I know it's not just me.
Damn dude! How’d you strip an MIP speed tip? Put it in a stripped hardened steel screw and run it in a full speed drill for an hour every day?? Lol just messing... but sheesh. Mine have been going for 2 years so far.

Damn dude! How’d you strip an MIP speed tip? Put it in a stripped hardened steel screw and run it in a full speed drill for an hour every day?? Lol just messing... but sheesh. Mine have been going for 2 years so far.
No it was the hand drivers I never tried the speed tips. And I'm not like Heemaning the screws in either, just gutentight.

No it was the hand drivers I never tried the speed tips.
Ohh.

I use the speed tips and they’re awesome. Best quality tool ever. I’m also MIP salesman #3906.

In all seriousness, I’m genuinely surprised you stripped them in 6 months. Mine are still super tight 2 years later.

Ohh.

I use the speed tips and they’re awesome. Best quality tool ever. I’m also MIP salesman #3906.

In all seriousness, I’m genuinely surprised you stripped them in 6 months. Mine are still super tight 2 years later.
@Notorious J had the same experience.

I've had my MIPs for about 5 years. 1.5 is still good, I replace my 2.0mm about every 2 years, but I use that one a LOT.

I've had my MIPs for about 5 years. 1.5 is still good, I replace my 2.0mm about every 2 years, but I use that one a LOT.
I hear stories of a lot of guys who had 5-10 year old sets that are still good so Idk what happened.

I bought a set of the MIP speed tips in the summer/fall of 2018. After a month, I lost the 2.0 mm in the bed of my pickup and had to buy a replacement. A few month later the original 2.0 showed up and I put it in my tool drawer and continued to use the replacement. A few months ago I noticed that my 2.0 was slipping a lot and costing me screw heads. I dug out my original 2.0 and the difference is night and day. Granted I use mine a lot since I run so many different trucks, but don't think the MIP's don't wear because they do. I think my 2.5 is the next one that needs to be replaced.

Hudy makes some great speed tips also... You can get the 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 plus 2 phillips screwdrivers for about the same price as a set of MIP from Amain . You still need a 1.5mm to though. I use the MIP hex drivers and the Hudy speedtips.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back