Typhon What breaks the most with Arrma Typhon 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAITvsk Racing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
What breaks the most what should be bought as a spare?

At the moment, the shock is a bit crooked. I've heard that one problem with typhon!

Anyone have any suggestions on what to buy in advance?

Typhon 6S shocks are the best bet if you can get a decent price on them.

Yep,
the price is pretty high at 166.98 €
___________________________________________________________________________________
Edit: 4 shocks cost a total of: 166.98 €

Only things I've broken on my Typhon so far was the front shock tower, an RPM a arm and a turnbuckle end (the plastic piece). Upgrading the a arms to RPM ones is nice to do before the stock one's break. When the front RPM a arm broke, I just put the stock fronts back on.

I haven't bothered stocking up on parts though, cause I've got 3 hobby shops near me that all stock Armma parts pretty well.

Only things I've broken on my Typhon so far was the front shock tower, an RPM a arm and a turnbuckle end (the plastic piece). Upgrading the a arms to RPM ones is nice to do before the stock one's break. When the front RPM a arm broke, I just put the stock fronts back on.

I haven't bothered stocking up on parts though, cause I've got 3 hobby shops near me that all stock Armma parts pretty well.
Then there is no need.

The nearest hobby shop where all spare parts are present has a delivery time of 4 days??

And some spare parts are also 1 day away! But not all!?

on my v3 I've broken the following:
front motor bearing
spur gear
bent lower shock screw
preemptively replaced spur gear front and rear bearings.

I keep breaking CVD shafts. I'm only running a 19 tooth pinion. Has anyone went 6s after upgrading esc and motor?

I keep breaking CVD shafts. I'm only running a 19 tooth pinion. Has anyone went 6s after upgrading esc and motor?

Mm, I haven't broken any CVDs! I use a 13T pinion myself!
I use it myself:
Robitronic motor and esc (Motor 4000kv and esc 60A)
But the shock absorbs every curve !!! Need some decent metal to buy! :rolleyes:

Wing mount o_O
My wing mount has been broken like this since June 6th, hasn't presented an issue lol. I have a backup set on the peg board, but don't think I'll ever need to install them at this point. The wing has been replaced though, as you can see, it was absolutely shredded ?

IMG_20200618_211253.jpg

I have gone through about three or four pairs of front shocks, I just continue to use the stock ones. A-arms break easily enough, I have burned through a couple pairs of RPM sets.

My wing mount has been broken like this since June 6th, hasn't presented an issue lol. I have a backup set on the peg board, but don't think I'll ever need to install them at this point. The wing has been replaced though, as you can see, it was absolutely shredded ?

View attachment 109064

I have gone through about three or four pairs of front shocks, I just continue to use the stock ones. A-arms break easily enough, I have burned through a couple pairs of RPM sets.
I have some 3D printed ones in TPU that I can give you that will bend but not break. ??

Back