what cause this arrma typhon front diff gear ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsachevy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Here a pix of my front diff the 43t straight gear the big one
1466837742287.jpg

Sorry bout the clarity. But it looks like it pushed the metal out where it should be smooth like the other one i. The pix. And another question running talion diff gear in a typhon what would the change in speed be. Going from 3.23 with typhon diffs and 4.10 with the talion diffs

With the not clear pic, it is tough to tell what is going on. If it is "pushing metal out" like I think I am seeing, it may be shimmed too tight.

As for swapping the diffs, if you go to from a 4.30 to a 3.23, you will lose some low end torque and acceleration, but gain some top speed (assuming you motor as the power to push the gear). To keep the same performance, you will need to drop a tooth or three on the motor pinion.

and as OD said, you must swap both ring an pinion when changing the diff ratios.

I would also recommend checking your bearings in your diffs. I had one of my pinion bearings blow out and took out the pinion and crown.

I've got FastEddy bearings every where. It turned out the ring gear was installed back wards when I bought it gear not in the little slot for it cause problems at high speed.

What do you mean backwards? If you flip the diff spur to be on the opposite side of the pinion the diff will run in reverse.

Or do you mean the spur teeth were facing away from the pinion? :eek:

What do you mean backwards? If you flip the diff spur to be on the opposite side of the pinion the diff will run in reverse.

Or do you mean the spur teeth were facing away from the pinion? :eek:
you know that little dip in the chassis front and back the spur gear is suppose to go in there. the spur was installed on the driverside ( usa) when it should have been on the passenger side. the tires still all spin the same way

you know that little dip in the chassis front and back the spur gear is suppose to go in there. the spur was installed on the driverside ( usa) when it should have been on the passenger side. the tires still all spin the same way
Then either your esc was in reverse or your motor wires were flipped around because if the diff is flipped, it spins the opposite direction if everything else is spinning the proper direction.

Then either your esc was in reverse or your motor wires were flipped around because if the diff is flipped, it spins the opposite direction if everything else is spinning the proper direction.
The recess in the aluminum chassis aligns where the ring gear sits. It cant fit any other way for clearance reasons and most importantly, reverse rotation will occur on that end of the rig. If you are saying that rotation was consistent both front and rear, then the other diff ring gear was also installed incorrectly. The Recess in the chassis always determines where the ring gear is positioned.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back