Kraton What causes the rear input gear to break teeth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-RAD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 4s
Here’s a little background:

I was bashing around my normal spot today for a “maintenance bash” after I did some maintenance on the motor, slipper clutch and other things. I noticed the slipper was a little loose so I tightened it up a bit. Seemed fine for a few minutes until I landed a jump and immediately sounded like something got into the rear diff or driveshaft.

Took everything in the rear apart. My mesh was fine. I took apart the rear yokes and saw teeth had been stripped off the rear input gear.

So my question: What may have caused stripping teeth on the rear input gear? Was my slipper too tight? Or are there other factors? How can I avoid this?

I had a feeling it was that......Bummer. Back to the shop

If you tend to land under throttle it can also cause trouble. I don't want to suggest that this is what's happening but with no slippage, any binding could cause teeth to stress. Jump, and immediately leave throttle to neutral after the trick or whatever as long as it's still in the air.
Hope you get it figured out soon.

If you tend to land under throttle it can also cause trouble. I don't want to suggest that this is what's happening but with no slippage, any binding could cause teeth to stress. Jump, and immediately leave throttle to neutral after the trick or whatever as long as it's still in the air.
I have had the same problem. Stripped 2 input gears in as many weeks after tightening slipper an upping punch setting. Lesson learnt 🙄

Another problem I ran into was the yoke on the rear of my Typhon was warped causing the diff to bind on the input gear. No matter how much I loosened things, the diff ring gear and input gear were tight as tits. After replacing the yoke I had 90% smooth free play again. Check your yokes and make sure you aren't having the same issue as me :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back