What color/colour..??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Big reveal ?, here is the paint for my body..!!
Now I need to choose what ones to use..? what are your thoughts..???

IMG_5207.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Blue and silver are my favorite 1:1 color of choice, but like a lighter silver not so gray like 6s OC.

I'm done with Tamiya paint. It coats thin and does not stick as well as others. I just painted one and they don't list a recoat time. I generally wait 15-30 minutes between coats, but this one wrinkled up as the second coat dried, so I had to do quite a few more coats to fill in the wrinkled parts, allowing a full 24h dry between coats. Last body I used the Duratrax paint and I think it's stronger.

I'm done with Tamiya paint. It coats thin and does not stick as well as others. I just painted one and they don't list a recoat time. I generally wait 15-30 minutes between coats, but this one wrinkled up as the second coat dried, so I had to do quite a few more coats to fill in the wrinkled parts, allowing a full 24h dry between coats. Last body I used the Duratrax paint and I think it's stronger.
It all depends on body prep and the temps of the body and paint. Also the humidity matters to a lesser extent. There’s a science to it for sure.

I live in FL, so it's always humid. Temps were lower outside, but everything was in my garage which is pretty constant temp. I always wash the inside of the body with dawn before paint and allow to fully dry of course.

I live in FL, so it's always humid. Temps were lower outside, but everything was in my garage which is pretty constant temp. I always wash the inside of the body with dawn before paint and allow to fully dry of course.
Best guess was the body was too smooth or still had soap residue. Try scuffing the inside with some scotch brite or steel wool and rinse with IPA after washing.

Best guess was the body was too smooth or still had soap residue. Try scuffing the inside with some scotch brite or steel wool and rinse with IPA after washing.
My bad, I was rinsing my stomach with the IPA.

Wouldn't scuffing it make the finish dull?

My first coat was actually a Spazz Stix pearl coat, so my best guess is incompatibility between that and the two brands. I let the pearl coat dry for days. They say recoat is 24h on the Spazz Stix. Either way, I've used Tamiya in the past and it always seem to be very thin / transparent, then scuffs off easily.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back