What connector do I need for Venom Pro charger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Reaction score
Looking at getting the Venom Pro charger, do I just need a few 4mm to Trx plug connectors to charge up my HRBS and such with trx plugs?

I have traxxas brand chargers for my traxxas brand poop batteries which the balance leads in the plug keep coming out so i'll keep those on the traxxas charger, But I plan on swapping to all non traxxas brand plugs some day, till then I need to know what kinda connector the venom pro uses to connect to the discharge plug.

I'm assuming its the 4mm to trx connectors?

They are the standard banana type that they all use. I assume they are 4mm, I can measure them if you like.

That's what I figured no need to measure the ones I ordered were 4mm look the same as what the venom uses :D

Find out when it gets here next week I guess.

Not with a trx plug tho
You can't charge their batteries anyhow with the Venom charger. They make sure no one can sell their plugs and they try to make people use their charger for their batteries. They intentionally make it hard to mix their stuff with everyone elses. These practices are a big reason why I sold off my last Slash and will never own another. They are too frustrating.

You can't charge their batteries anyhow with the Venom charger. They make sure no one can sell their plugs and they try to make people use their charger for their batteries. They intentionally make it hard to mix their stuff with everyone elses. These practices are a big reason why I sold off my last Slash and will never own another. They are too frustrating.

Actually you can charge traxxas ID batteries in any charger, you just need to either wire a balance cable to the discharge port or buy the adapter with the 2 prongs on the end that feed into the end of the traxxas ID plug which is where the balance leads are, there not hidden there just built in but separate on the plug, But as I stated in my original post, the venom was not purchased for the traxxas batteries, I have HRB's with traxxas plugs and separate balance cables I need to charge and my traxxas chargers are being wonky lately with my regular traxxas batteries so i'm getting something else for my non traxxas stuff so I can finally ditch traxxas made poop when these finally go tits up.

But its not impossible to charge them, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0714PV5Y4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's all you need..

I understand what you are saying now. I do realize you can charge traxxas batteries. They just try hard not to let you. That's why I fired Traxxas permanently. I no longer own anything Traxxas and never will again. I don't need the headaches.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back