What could cause this to the pinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yonic

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Voltage
16t on a Talion:
My pinion sounded loud (especially on low speed), but i kept bashing, after the session i've found it with some missing tooth.
I'm pretty sure my mesh wasnt too tight, if anything it might was too loose, but it was perfect few packs ago, i think the tooth were chewed (compressed??) which made the mesh looser.

Is it normal? will a lower tooth count will prevent cases like this? a pinion from a different manufacturer that uses harder steel maybe?

Thanks.

If it is the stock pinion, they are notorious for eating teeth. This is mine after the first 6s pack. Don't mind the messed up motor mount, I did that trying to remove the other stock pinion......
Ce5dvT0.jpg

16t on a Talion:
My pinion sounded loud (especially on low speed), but i kept bashing, after the session i've found it with some missing tooth.
I'm pretty sure my mesh wasnt too tight, if anything it might was too loose, but it was perfect few packs ago, i think the tooth were chewed (compressed??) which made the mesh looser.

Is it normal? will a lower tooth count will prevent cases like this? a pinion from a different manufacturer that uses harder steel maybe?

Thanks.

Looks like the mesh was too loose. (It doesn't take much) If you happen to get it a little tight it will whine from the start to let you know.
Bigger pinions will last longer. But we can't always do that because of the motor/ESC heat issues that can create.

Tekno or Robinson Racing. Mine has been working amazing.

Robinson Racing Products 1216 X Hard Pinion 16, 5mm (1.0 Mod)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back