Typhon What did go wrong: bended steering rack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guisseppe Leandro

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi all scientist of Arrma,

My first post and I hope I drop it at the right place.

My problem: without any hit, i bend the steering rack (part:#AR340060 ALUMINIUM STEERING RACK) so I jammer the steering. Now! I can only make Sharp Turks to the left ?.
I drove on gravel surface and slide a lot.
Off course, I can replace the part, but....I’d like to know how this was possible. Who van help me?

And: will it also help to hammer it flat again and re-use the part?

I’m noob in rc Racing, but already addicted hehe.

I drive the Typhon 6S

Hope anyone can tell me the reason.

Without havin it crashed.. Only thing i can think of..

You must have had a rock wedged in there at some point.. Just hammer the plate straight again an drive it again!

You must have had a rock wedged in there at some point.. Just hammer the plate straight again an drive it again!
I'm glad you could think of how it bent without a hit because I couldn't come up with anything ?

To the OP. I'm guessing English isn't your first language, yet you did an excellent job of communicating your message. Awesome job ? A quick tip. We don't use "bended." We use bent. Example: I have a bent steering rack or I bent my steering rack. Just trying to help. Again, great job on the post!

The steering rack/Ackerman is a common part to bend. It will affect the tracking and trim but shouldn't mean you can only turn left ?

Are you sure it's not your servo? If it is the steering rack, you can hammer it straight again or you can get upgraded ones from Just Bash It and M2C that won't bend like the stock ones

I have this titanium one that claims to be the strongest ?

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/arrma-6s-titanium-ackerman-steering-plate

Last edited:
Thanks!! Hammertime!!
giphy.gif

Golden reply: it worked. It was also placed reverse ? but possible to steer because it was already bend.

Now dust is in the air again ???

I'm glad you could think of how it bent without a hit because I couldn't come up with anything ?

To the OP. I'm guessing English isn't your first language, yet you did an excellent job of communicating your message. Awesome job ? A quick tip. We don't use "bended." We use bent. Example: I have a bent steering rack or I bent my steering rack. Just trying to help. Again, great job on the post!
Thanks! It’s nice to learn about racing and language too ?
The steering rack/Ackerman is a common part to bend. It will affect the tracking and trim but shouldn't mean you can only turn left ?

Are you sure it's not your servo? If it is the steering rack, you can hammer it straight again or you can get upgraded ones from Just Bash It and M2C that won't bend like the stock ones

I have this titanium one that claims to be the strongest ?

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/arrma-6s-titanium-ackerman-steering-plate
It was very, very, very bend.....like: it looks like a bridge bend ?. Looks like a stone jammed in the middle and forced the whole rack out of shape.

Thanks for the advice for titanium one’s! There’s always the weakest part from the car. As long as it is stronger Thanks the course, it will be allright ?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back