Notorious What did I do wrong? Or shal I say "Diff"erent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakebullett

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
I need help please. I just changed fluid and diff carriers in my Noto 6s. This is not the fist diff service I've done but it is the first time I've done all three at once. Problem is, now the rear wheels go in reverse while the front wheels go forward. Makes for a good video but not so fun. WTF did I do wrong?

You put one of the diffs in the bulkhead backwards. I actually just did this recently too lol. It's the one thats going in the wrong direction.

You put one of the diffs in backwards. I actually just did this recently too lol. It's the one thats going in the wrong direction.
Thank you for the speedy reply!! That's what I thought but, when I revered the rear diff it did not matter. There's no way to install the center diff in reverse so, I guess that leaves the front. I even referred to the f'n schematic to do this correctly. I'll try reversing the front.
All you did was put the rear diff in the wrong way. Just flip it around and you'll be fine.
I tried to reveres the rear but that didn;t do it. :(
Thank you for the speedy reply!! That's what I thought but, when I revered the rear diff it did not matter. There's no way to install the center diff in reverse so, I guess that leaves the front. I even referred to the f'n schematic to do this correctly. I'll try reversing the front.

I tried to reveres the rear but that didn;t do it. :(
I suck at typing. please excuse the typos.
I'm gonna go reverse the front. Stay tuned!
Okay, so when I removed the rear diff and reversed it, it appeared that did nothing. I then reversed the front diff and now, from and back go in reverse. So I reversed the front and the back and whamo, they all go forward now. Thank you all for your help. I'm so thankful this forum is online and not on a social platform.

Last edited:
Okay, so when I removed the rear diff and reversed it, it appeared that did nothing. I then reversed the front diff and now, from and back go in reverse. So I reversed the front and the back and whamo, they all go forward now.

Good one. You have strong reasoning skills, working through and solving the problem through a process of elimination. This will come in handy if you keep R/Cing as there are many scenarios where you'll need to do similar things.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back