What did ya get for Christmas? Post em up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this for my son

View attachment 115847

then I added these 2 to my growing big BMX collection

View attachment 115848
Had plenty of BMX bikes when I was a kid. Mostly freestyle. My friends and cousins use to make fun of me and call me Bob Haro because I was always trying tricks. Got pretty good. Had a CW that was nice. Probably one of my favorite days as a kid. My mom gave me $500 and told me I could get whatever I wanted which was very unusual because we were dirt poor. The next morning I walked to the bike shop to buy the CW and had him swap out the wheels with some nice white mags. I loved that bike!! Anyone heard of a Super Stroker? Thats probably the oldest one I ever had.

I wasn't going to get myself anything for Christmas but I ordered this last night lol

Screenshot_20201226-072644_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I didn't get my blue INFRACTION from the Fat & Jolly Guy ? but something musta fallen out his wallet ? Just got back from LHS with one on order with deposit!! It seems Santa was, good to everyone by all the posts.

Santa's sleigh was running late this year, and today he came by with a HobbyPark Tool Stand and a 4 piece set of Vanquish Products Ball Bearing Metric Hex drivers. BB tops where your palm rests. They are longer than my MIP's which helps a lot sometimes. I always wanted them. They are usually on B/O and never on sale. $61. They feel so nice. Alloy handles. My MIP's are going to get jealous. :LOL:

20201226_231035.jpg

20201227_002900.jpg

20201227_003031.jpg

20201227_003506.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone heard of a Super Stroker?
Was that the one with the square tubes? One of my buddies had one but it's getting g a bit blurry keeping them straight.

I have had so many bmx and freestyle bikes it's hard to remember them all. I started in the 70's and pretty much remember the very beginning of bmx. I was always a huge FREESTYLE nut. Was on a team that used to do local events, grocerystore openings, boyscout jamboree, and the likes. It was a blast. :)

My son constantly keeps pushing me to get a Blizzard for the snow. I'm just on the fence because Kyosho Parts availability can always be a problem here in the States. It has many unique parts in its construction. It is basically a Tank drivetrain. That runs super fast. I know it would be a blast. Video's of it are impressive. (y) (y)
You're right about parts but I am not going to bash it...much. I am going to run it plowless for powdery days and hope it holds up for awhile. The design is really simple and I think if I don't totally abuse it, it will be solid. I've watched & read a lot of complaints about the controls, but it's more simple than using a Bobcat 873 skidsteer. It is also 97% easier than flying RC 6ch helis ?

So far it climbs better than I really imagined, overall pleased with the addition to my tracked RCs ?

Fyi...The stock setup is definitely slower than the SG-1203 tank but it does much better in deep snow.
Blizzard has 370 motors
SG has 390 motor and 130 motor.

Both are obviously no comparison to my Typhon v2 in terms of speed haha
Blizzard is pretty expensive, too.
Blizzard = +/-300 USD
SG = +/- 60 USD

Last edited:
Weber Smokey Mountain...been smoking with my Weber kettle for years, in-laws bought me this. I could not be more excited. Wife is looking up cardiologists...

View attachment 116162

Very nice! I am a big Weber fan. I currently have a Performer 22" and a Smokey Joe Premium 14" that I modified so that it doesn’t suck (I added an air intake and damper at the bottom). I also foresee a 26" in my future.

Santa delivered 3 Kraton 6s' and a plethora of upgrade/spare parts. One for each boy and of course one for myself. Newish to the hobby and now the fun begins. First Kraton doesn't turn anymore. I've trying to troubleshoot. I get very small movement on the servo but nothing more. 2nd Kraton will not go in reverse and 3rd one is fine so far.

I bought Hitec HS-7955TG servos to upgrade but I was hoping to troubleshoot the problem before replacing it. Any suggestions?

My new CEN Dually I have yet to run....my Bro is doing it up for me....he tired to complete it before Xmas but still not ready....

He has added and 3D printed:
  • Mesh grill in the back
  • 3D printed a new grill
  • Led lights all over with the nice Ford led look
  • It will be lowered I like a slammed Dually look
  • Magnet body
  • Will have aluminum rims but did not make it in from China yet
  • Add hitch for a trailer to pull my 1/10 Kyosho, HPI, Vaterra 60s & 70s RCs
All he gave me were pics and showing for Xmas...but that's what I am getting:

IMG_20201226_204822.jpg
IMG_20201220_164726_02.jpg
IMG_20201218_202144_01.jpg
110rodshop_20201225_001154_1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back