What did ya get for Christmas? Post em up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right about parts but I am not going to bash it...much. I am going to run it plowless for powdery days and hope it holds up for awhile. The design is really simple and I think if I don't totally abuse it, it will be solid. I've watched & read a lot of complaints about the controls, but it's more simple than using a Bobcat 873 skidsteer. It is also 97% easier than flying RC 6ch helis ?

So far it climbs better than I really imagined, overall pleased with the addition to my tracked RCs ?

Fyi...The stock setup is definitely slower than the SG-1203 tank but it does much better in deep snow.
Blizzard has 370 motors
SG has 390 motor and 130 motor.

Both are obviously no comparison to my Typhon v2 in terms of speed haha
Blizzard is pretty expensive, too.
Blizzard = +/-300 USD
SG = +/- 60 USD
Trust me I want one badly also. Kyosho has a nice rig there. I eyed that thing for so many years.... Kyosho makes decent stuff. My better judgement says no. But I think it is a must have for me despite.

Santa delivered 3 Kraton 6s' and a plethora of upgrade/spare parts. One for each boy and of course one for myself. Newish to the hobby and now the fun begins. First Kraton doesn't turn anymore. I've trying to troubleshoot. I get very small movement on the servo but nothing more. 2nd Kraton will not go in reverse and 3rd one is fine so far.

I bought Hitec HS-7955TG servos to upgrade but I was hoping to troubleshoot the problem before replacing it. Any suggestions?
Disconnect the servo arm on the stocker servo and observe its travel and speed. Plug in the new Hitec off the rig uninstalled and observe the difference.

As far as RC stuff or RC related stuff I got a Nitecore charger to keep the AA batteries for my remotes charged, Fastrax work stand (for my Losi really), Scorched RC chassis infill's for my Limitless and the 4 piece Imperial MIP drivers set (my Losi 8ight uses Imperial hex) to complete my MIP collection.

20201228_204419.jpg

20201228_204730.jpg

20201228_204604.jpg

(y)

Almost ready for the kids in the morning. Just need to grab my daughter's new bike from the barn in the early am. Can't wait to see their reactions ? and maybe mine with the new v5 Typhon waiting to be shredded open?View attachment 115708
Check out gopowersports.com, can probably get a bolt on CVT for it to give it more low and top end. I watch a lot of mini-bike builds on youtube, carsandcamera's get a lot of stuff from there as well as red beards garage.

With covid, we didn't buy each other much this year, I got slippers, she got a robe. Which worked out fine, since our primary TV died on us 3 weeks ago and my phone died on me 4 days ago. Didn't buy hardly anything for each other and still spent $3k in December!

New TV showed up 10 days ago and phones will get here in a couple weeks. Merry Christmas to us!

Old dead one, vizio 70" M701D we got in 2013:
2015-0423-VizioM701D-A3-NewCenter.jpg

New sony XBR75X900H:
2020-1219-Sony-XBR75X900H-TV.jpg

Was hoping the old 55" LG in our bedroom would have died... then the 70 would have gone in there with the new 75 in the living room. Cant' believe the LG is still kicking. Think we got it in 2010.

Well lucky me I got the new Arrma granite BLX V3 red and white.Only prob I live in Maine it will be 3 months before I can take her out and properly thrash it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back