What did you barbecue today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was referring to the sandwich. I have not smoked pork in my life (my dad smoked some of our pork and it was incredible).
Yea since I was about 12-14 yrs old bologna sandwiches has been kinda gross! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Omg you got bologna? 😱 I’m enjoying my ketchup sanmich
Never was a bologna fan.

Ever had a syrup sandwich? 2 pieces of white bread with pancake syrup in middle!!! I used to eat those a lot as a kid!! :LOL: That's probably why my dentist has most of my money and why I'm so hyper all the time!!
season 16 running GIF

I love tomato sanmiches, it’s just lightly toasted bread I use a little miracle whip dressing/mayo, cause it’s sweet and native tomatoes. Mmmmm mmmmm
A
good thick slice of fresh cold native tomato can taste so great.
We grow some of the best native tomatoes in the world in Massachusetts

I love tomato sanmiches, it’s just lightly toasted bread I use a little miracle whip dressing/mayo, cause it’s sweet and native tomatoes. Mmmmm mmmmm
A
good thick slice of fresh cold native tomato can taste so great.
We grow some of the best native tomatoes in the world in Massachusetts
I love Heirloom tomatoes and used to grow them every year up until last year. Try these quick recipes…

Take slices of rye bread and put a couple 1/4“ thick slices of tomato on them (I like purple Cherokees the most but most any tomato works). Sprinkle with some lemon pepper and sea salt, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and put under the broiler for a few minutes. Simple and tastes amazing.

My other favorite is to take chunks of heirloom tomato’s, throw in slices of fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced ribbons of fresh sweet basil, cracked black pepper and sea salt then drizzle with La Madeleine balsamic dressing. I like to sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of capers as well.

Hopefully I can start gardening again next year because I miss it.

I used to love doing pizza on the bbq! Man I need a better set up.
I burned the first pie. Turned it down a 100F and then the next ones came out perfectly crispy. I just need to find better cheese and work on my sauce ingredients.

Had some big, on the bone rib-eye steaks last night. A side of baby potatoes in butter, a freshly made salad and a scotch on the rocks. Mmmmmm. Didn't get a photo but it was awesome.

Last edited:
Love tri-tip. Done right, it's better than more expensive cuts. The key is knowing how to slice it.

Just can't find them here in MN. Once in a while someone will get a truckload and sell them for 4.99/Lbs. And it will have a half inch of fat on the back side that I have to trim off. Otherwise, it's as much as a ribeye at the butcher. Guess which one I'm buying? Folks on the West coast trip over them for way less. Sucks. Costco would sell tri-tip steaks a while back. Not sure if they do now. I've cut whole ones into steaks. Less cooking time. Depends on what I plan to do with it.

Here's a marinade I found years ago. Think it was Bobby Flay. Not a fan but, sounded good. IT IS. The original recipe is great. Sesame oil is better. Toasted is fantastic.

Keep in mind the left column is for 2 whole tri-tips. Cut it in half for one. The right column is broken down by me for just a couple steaks. Adjust as necessary.

6 Hour Tri-tip Marinade

Ingredients 1/8th

1 cup lemon juice 2 Tblsp

1 cup soybean oil (sesame oil) 2 Tblsp

1/2 cup white sugar 1 Tblsp

1/2 cup soy sauce 1 Tblsp

1/2 cup COURSE black pepper 1 Tblsp

1/2 cup garlic salt (powder) 1 Tblsp

1/2 cup chopped garlic 1 Tblsp

1/2 cup chopped dried onions 1 Tblsp

2 (4-pound) tri-tips, trimmed 2 tri tip steaks

Directions

To make the marinade, mix all of the ingredients except for the beef in a large mixing bowl. Place the trimmed tri-tips in a plastic container and pour the marinade over. Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.

Heat grill to medium temperature.

Place tri-tips on grill at a 45 degree angle to establish grill marks and cook about 35 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove the tri-tips from the grill and let rest about 2 to 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite side dishes.

Last edited:
I can't get it to seperate the measuments. Any questions....ask. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Love tri-tip. Done right, it's better than more expensive cuts. The key is knowing how to slice it.

Just can't find them here in MN. Once in a while someone will get a truckload and sell them for 4.99/Lbs. And it will have a half inch of fat on the back side that I have to trim off. Otherwise, it's as much as a ribeye at the butcher. Guess which one I'm buying? Folks on the West coast trip over them for way less. Sucks. Costco would sell tri-tip steaks a while back. Not sure if they do now. I've cut whole ones into steaks. Less cooking time. Depends on what I plan to do with it.

Here's a marinade I found years ago. Think it was Bobby Flay. Not a fan but, sounded good. IT IS. The original recipe is great. Sesame oil is better. Toasted is fantastic. Keep in mind the left column is for 2 whole tri-tips. Cut it in half for one. The right column is broken down by me for just a couple steaks. Adjust as necessary.

6 Hour Tri-tip Marinade

Ingredients 1/8th

1 cup lemon juice 2 Tblsp

1 cup soybean oil (sesame oil) 2 Tblsp

1/2 cup white sugar 1 Tblsp

1/2 cup soy sauce 1 Tblsp

1/2 cup black pepper 1 Tblsp

1/2 cup garlic salt (powder) 1 Tblsp

1/2 cup chopped garlic 1 Tblsp

1/2 cup chopped dried onions 1 Tblsp

2 (4-pound) tri-tips, trimmed 2 tri tip steaks

Directions

To make the marinade, mix all of the ingredients except for the beef in a large mixing bowl. Place the trimmed tri-tips in a plastic container and pour the marinade over. Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.

Heat grill to medium temperature.

Place tri-tips on grill at a 45 degree angle to establish grill marks and cook about 35 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove the tri-tips from the grill and let rest about 2 to 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite side dishes.
I love a good tri-tip. Brisket in Texas were I grew up and am now, and tri-tip in California when I lived there 20 years. Thanks for the recipe! I’ll try it out next time I get one.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back