What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I can't "win" this month I'm @ least going for an honorable mention 😁
You're the new 🤴 of WDYBT Josh. Not sure anyone will ever dethrone you. Honestly, not sure anyone has enough money to try 😉

Well, nothing lasts forever. The trusty Max 6 finally met it's maker. One of the pots came unsoldered. Lucky I had purchased a 160a combo while they were on sale earlier in the year and the esc is installed. View attachment 262036
Come on team! So far, I have the worst damage for the month of December, with my toasted Max 6 esc. Step up the game people or I'm gonna be buying @3d-rc.myshopify.com for myself this Christmas!

I got one for ya, surprise surprise! Pulled pillow ball out of the arm of the typhotank. Not sure if this counts but the neighbor's fence met the Black Sheep & lost!!😃😅🤪

20221217_135750.jpg

20221217_142241.jpg

Broke left rear arm today my my new K8 exb...on what I thought was a pretty normal, slightly off balance landing. It's cold out so...
Seems thin where the pin goes through.

IMG-3198.jpg

Took the Black Sheep out for it's maiden jobsite bashing session @ lunch today, temps were about 18°F w/ a 0° windchill. 1 kinda dumb upside-down landing resulted in a broken wing, wheelie bar & some roof scratches. Quite minor damage considering how cold it was😅🥶🥶

20221220_123636.jpg

20221220_154724.jpg

20221220_154658.jpg

"Fixed"!!😉🤣👍🤘

20221220_182824.jpg

20221220_182834.jpg

20221220_183958.jpg

Last edited:
I usually use aftermarket bearing's for replacement's (Fast Eddy) but like a lot of us I get a fair amount of replacement part's from Jenny's which left me with a few of stock bearing I've using. I'll be honest I don't stay on top of bearing maintenance, just keep a eye on them and swap when they get rough. Here are few pic's of the failure's, these only had 3 pack's on them. Gonna start maintaining bearing's seeing as it seems to be the cause of all my rc problems lately that and money!
20221219_182511.jpg
20221219_191701.jpg
20221219_191928.jpg
20221220_115010.jpg

Took the Black Sheep out for it's maiden jobsite bashing session @ lunch today, temps were about 18°F w/ a 0° windchill. 1 kinda dumb upside-down landing resulted in a broken wing, wheelie bar & some roof scratches. Quite minor damage considering how cold it was😅🥶🥶

View attachment 264001

View attachment 264002

View attachment 264003
"Fixed"!!😉🤣👍🤘

View attachment 264041

View attachment 264042

View attachment 264043
Glad I saw this. I bought a new wing for my Kraton in the fall, just to replace the worn out looking one that was on the truck. It owed me nothing as it had seen it's fair share of bad landings over time. Wasn't cracked, just worn. I put the new wing on two weeks ago and after one bash in the snow, it has a crack about 4" long where it curves up. I have never seen a wing crack like this before, and considering it's on @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts which obviously soften the blow, I suspect the wings are maunfactured much more cheaply than before. This crack was after one run, maybe two small jumps, but a lot of long wheelies in the snow. I'm definitely now happy about it.

Glad I saw this. I bought a new wing for my Kraton in the fall, just to replace the worn out looking one that was on the truck. It owed me nothing as it had seen it's fair share of bad landings over time. Wasn't cracked, just worn. I put the new wing on two weeks ago and after one bash in the snow, it has a crack about 4" long where it curves up. I have never seen a wing crack like this before, and considering it's on @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts which obviously soften the blow, I suspect the wings are maunfactured much more cheaply than before. This crack was after one run, maybe two small jumps, but a lot of long wheelies in the snow. I'm definitely now happy about it.
Yeah, that wing was pretty much brand new. I think that the combination of cheap plastic & the frigid temp was it's downfall (& my driving 😉😆) I'd never seen one break like that before either & I've broken a lot of em😁

10 days left for this month's top destroyer. Would you people please get out in the cold and break some sh!t!

Well arrma fam, it's time for my daily installment 😄 Round 2 of my high speed off roading w/ the Derecho went a little sideways- literally. Had all the wide open short grass that I could ever want. Those copperheads just turn into huge pizza cutters & even @ 40mph+ if I squeezed the throttle too much it would wheelie like crazy- although I did pull a couple that had to be 75'😆🤘During one of my runs I must've hit an unseen undulation in the terrain cuz it sent me into a huge endo, followed up by @ least 20 cartwheels/ spinning flips. Threw the gps, which I eventually found, really hoping that the lower a arm just popped out & broke another one of those pills in the suspension block 😁🤞 I did manage 48mph on grass w/ those copperheads tho, respectable? 🤷‍♂️ Any recommendations on better tires for this application?

View attachment 260848

View attachment 260849

View attachment 260850
Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but the Pro-Line Badlands MTX belted tires are amazing and only add a few grams per tire. I've had mine to almost 80 on pavement with no pizza cutting and they still work great on dirt and grass.

10 days left for this month's top destroyer. Would you people please get out in the cold and break some sh!t!

It's 10 below out right now, but the new rear diff is going in the Fat Rock in anticipation of warmer weather this coming week. Either carnage or a PB is on the horizon ;) Been pretty busy buying the wife a new car and fixing my stable of Jeeps.

I was running around just driving my Outcast 8s wide open at the park and I hit a damn rock TWICE. The ONLY rock that was at the park in an open area! I hit it once, OK, then I hit it AGAIN. My front bulkhead was on its way out, so that rock finished it off 🤦😅. On my K6S XL, I broke a lower front control arm and I bent the hinge pin. But that was at a small skatepark that I found. I did like a triple backflip off a bowl that looks like a pool. I almost broke my body getting out of that bowl. It's freaking deep. But hey if the 7yr old kid could get out of there that was helping me get the K6S when I messed up, there's no way I was going to let that slide! 😅😂😂

20221225_161359.jpg
20221225_161914.jpg
20221225_161744.jpg
20221225_153412.jpg

I'm trying really hard. I've had Kratie out almost daily since I got her. Day one, the very FIRST run I broke the wing mount off. Rather than fix it I've decided it looks nicer without a wing.(OK, more like I'm too embarrassed to grab a new one from the LHS this soon). A Christmas Eve bash in the snow lead to a head on meeting with a teleporting tree. And for all that effort I only managed a slight crack in the body and a bent tower. Never before has someone been so disappointed with so little damage. Hoping the EXB towers are on sale tomorrow lol
20221226_030932.jpg
20221226_031004.jpg

I'm trying really hard. I've had Kratie out almost daily since I got her. Day one, the very FIRST run I broke the wing mount off. Rather than fix it I've decided it looks nicer without a wing.(OK, more like I'm too embarrassed to grab a new one from the LHS this soon). A Christmas Eve bash in the snow lead to a head on meeting with a teleporting tree. And for all that effort I only managed a slight crack in the body and a bent tower. Never before has someone been so disappointed with so little damage. Hoping the EXB towers are on sale tomorrow lolView attachment 265104View attachment 265105
Those damn teleporting trees are sneaky!!😆

Brought the MT10 with to the in-laws to run it on Christmas eve day. Accidentally clipped a pot and broke another subframe and a chassis mount! MT10's don't like cold weather. We'll see if epoxy, hopes and dreams will hold it together for a little bash session later this week with my brother and nephews.

PXL_20221224_200407867.jpg

PXL_20221224_210141032.jpg

Back