What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left lower a arm on Kraton 6s exb. Ordered some red RPM arms.

IMG-3036.jpg

Took the typhotank out to a cut beanfield @ lunch today for some high speed off roading, not sure if a beanstalk stabbed it or if the tire just gave up on life, but one of my powerhobby belted buggy tires is kaput😕 The trigger finger of death strikes again!!😁

20221205_131121.jpg

20221205_130640.jpg

Now hold up there gents. Don't be going out and trying to out do each other in the hurt yourself category. You know it takes longer for old people to heal right?
Hold my beer…

Took the typhotank out to a cut beanfield @ lunch today for some high speed off roading, not sure if a beanstalk stabbed it or if the tire just gave up on life, but one of my powerhobby belted buggy tires is kaput😕 The trigger finger of death strikes again!!😁

View attachment 260561

View attachment 260562
You ever heard that term "if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all"? Well, they're putting your name beside it in Wikipedia. Josh, Josh, Josh. Have you ever considered taking up dominoes or knitting.

You ever heard that term "if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all"? Well, they're putting your name beside it in Wikipedia. Josh, Josh, Josh. Have you ever considered taking up dominoes or knitting.
Well I did clock 51 mph before the rim blew, so there's that!😆 & I'm pretty sure I could do some serious damage to my hands/fingers with one of those sewing needles. These wheel/tire manufacturers just need to up their game to meet my destructive tendencies!🤣

Well arrma fam, it's time for my daily installment 😄 Round 2 of my high speed off roading w/ the Derecho went a little sideways- literally. Had all the wide open short grass that I could ever want. Those copperheads just turn into huge pizza cutters & even @ 40mph+ if I squeezed the throttle too much it would wheelie like crazy- although I did pull a couple that had to be 75'😆🤘During one of my runs I must've hit an unseen undulation in the terrain cuz it sent me into a huge endo, followed up by @ least 20 cartwheels/ spinning flips. Threw the gps, which I eventually found, really hoping that the lower a arm just popped out & broke another one of those pills in the suspension block 😁🤞 I did manage 48mph on grass w/ those copperheads tho, respectable? 🤷‍♂️ Any recommendations on better tires for this application?

20221206_134945.jpg

20221206_135147.jpg

20221206_135204.jpg

Good luck everyone. The "WDYBT" Christmas contest is officially open!
Going out to a RC meetup on Sunday. Looks like they are bringing about 4 ramps. Should make for some interesting footage…I mean breakage.

Broke my saw, one of the bushings in rollers for the saw carriage blew out then one of the guides broke. Saw will be down for at least a week or two because the repair guy is already trying to fix the laminator and one of the forklifts. I can't get pictures of the roller as it is on top of the saw carriage.

20221207_142617.jpg

Broke the front upper right a arm. It was the lower the other day. Had it fixed and was back out in 30 min....then axle/dogbone popped out.

IMG-3078.jpg

Keep breaking esc fans...you guys think this one will work?? 😳😂🤣

Attachments

• IMG-3076.jpg
    IMG-3076.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 25
Wow, snapped a shaft. That must have been pretty fatigued already. I don't think I've ever seen one actually snap.
It did have some wear on the end from the steering axle stubs (these were just dog bones, no cvd's).

Still, the cold weather really seems to make everything more brittle. This Redcat Volcano has seen some crazy action.. Still love it, its what brought me back into the hobby :cool:.

What truck is that?
That right there is one of the best RC's I have ever owned... @SrC hates them! :LOL:

After 20 packs or more I have never had the drivetrain out.. I don't even know what the diff's look like but I know they still have fluid in them. Downside though, I have broken a couple front hubs (pulled the screws out of them).. Last time that happened I made sure it would never happen again.. At least on one side. Update here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-jerry-rig-today.46229/post-823191

HSP Brontosaurus (also known as the Redcat Volcano). Thats the same 2s "FullyMax" battery it came with.

HSP Bronto.jpg

HSP Bronto 2.jpg

HSP Bronto 3.jpg

HSP Bronto 4.jpg

Last edited:
Back