What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing on my cars yet, but... Had the noto on the stand in the kitchen, with power and was fiddeling with the transmitter menu (so f...... stupid, i know) Car went full throttle of the stand ??‍♂️anp up the wall with kitchen knifes. Knives and coffee was all over the place, vas lucky to catch the car and power it off. Luckely i only have very dull knives now and a burn up my arm :rolleyes:?:ROFLMAO:
Nothing will pucker your butthole like a 6s car going wot all by itself.

This is why it is always a good idea to make sure that you set up your failsafe. Idk what radio you have so you will have to look up the directions for setting up your failsafe.

I try my best to remove tires when working in confined spaces. Especially when working on electronics and powertrain related items.

Nothing will pucker your butthole like a 6s car going wot all by itself.

This is why it is always a good idea to make sure that you set up your failsafe. Idk what radio you have so you will have to look up the directions for setting up your failsafe.
The transmitter (dx5 rugged) was set up with the failsafe. I am quite lost on what happend, but entered the "calibrate" under settings by mistake(hate the touch input) and the noto went full ham. i have since that great experince ? tested the failsafe, and it seams to work (i hope) :unsure:

The transmitter (dx5 rugged) was set up with the failsafe. I am quite lost on what happend, but entered the "calibrate" under settings by mistake(hate the touch input) and the noto went full ham. i have since that great experince ? tested the failsafe, and it seams to work (i hope) :unsure:
Haha just pull the tires off and test. ??‍♂️?

I thought I posted these.
Broke the rear bumper support which ripped the wires out of the plug for my taillights and broke the battery door.
And I just realized why my chassis looked so weird, I thought I dyed it black but pretty sure I used the purple.
20200405_104331.jpg
20200405_104312.jpg

Well hit lvc from about 50 to 60 feet in the air.
She came straight down on her ass end.
List of broken parts
Both hinge pins
Whole new diff housing
New diff
1 shock rod end
Both camber links
Both dog bones bent
Rpm wing mount

Only thing that held up was m2c parts
Thanks mitch?
Have not taken it apart yet so I am sure it will have more parts to the list lol.
20200405_145036.jpg
20200405_145106.jpg
20200405_145114.jpg
20200405_145043.jpg
20200405_145050.jpg
20200405_145145.jpg
20200405_145135.jpg

Well hit lvc from about 50 to 60 feet in the air.
She came straight down on her ass end.
List of broken parts
Both hinge pins
Whole new diff housing
New diff
1 shock rod end
Both camber links
Both dog bones bent
Rpm wing mount

Only thing that held up was m2c parts
Thanks mitch?
Have not taken it apart yet so I am sure it will have more parts to the list lol.View attachment 73329View attachment 73330View attachment 73331View attachment 73332View attachment 73333View attachment 73334View attachment 73335
Got dayum bruh! You beat that thing like a red headed step child who ate the last Twinkie during a pandemic.

Got dayum bruh! You beat that thing like a red headed step child who ate the last Twinkie during a pandemic.
Lmao yeah I saw it lawn dart and knew before it hit the ground it was done for lol

So this is a delayed post as this damage happened a day or two ago. Forgot to post it.

My son Zen (24yo) wanted to give the K4S a rip with my ramp out front in our street after watching me do some basic single backflips. Nothing too big as I’m landing on the pavement. He lands a few small jumps and gets a feel for air control. Next thing I know he really sends it without warning and lands a beautiful double backflip. ?

Needless to say he’s now hooked. That DBF will set hooks in you like the best Heisenberg Blue Sky that @slick2500 loves so much. ?

So all assured now that he’s got it down, he sends it again with the reckless abandonment that ones does with someone else’s rig and does a straight nose landing from 20ft onto the pavement. He then takes off driving like he stole it and all I hear is gears grinding. Then it dies in the street.

Here is the carnage:

88C43D90-B1B2-486A-9312-2ECB579F740E.jpeg

He bent the motor mount, which I hammered back into shape, which took out the pinion and spur. Both could be ran more, but I have spares, so out they go. The balance leads also pulled out of the connector and must have shorted as that’s the only reason I can think why it shut off mid run. It was a pretty fresh pack before this happened.

So now I need to buy a crimper and some ends to replace the balance plug. I really have been thinking about getting one anyways. Time to order one. Does anyone have a specific crimper or ends that they recommend? I want to be able to do JST, Futaba, Balance, and other RC ends.

So this is a delayed post as this damage happened a day or two ago. Forgot to post it.

My son Zen (24yo) wanted to give the K4S a rip with my ramp out front in our street after watching me do some basic single backflips. Nothing too big as I’m landing on the pavement. He lands a few small jumps and gets a feel for air control. Next thing I know he really sends it without warning and lands a beautiful double backflip. ?

Needless to say he’s now hooked. That DBF will set hooks in you like the best Heisenberg Blue Sky that @slick2500 loves so much. ?

So all assured now that he’s got it down, he sends it again with the reckless abandonment that ones does with someone else’s rig and does a straight nose landing from 20ft onto the pavement. He then takes off driving like he stole it and all I hear is gears grinding. Then it dies in the street.

Here is the carnage:

View attachment 73611

He bent the motor mount, which I hammered back into shape, which took out the pinion and spur. Both could be ran more, but I have spares, so out they go. The balance leads also pulled out of the connector and must have shorted as that’s the only reason I can think why it shut off mid run. It was a pretty fresh pack before this happened.

So now I need to buy a crimper and some ends to replace the balance plug. I really have been thinking about getting one anyways. Time to order one. Does anyone have a specific crimper or ends that they recommend? I want to be able to do JST, Futaba, Balance, and other RC ends.
Screenshot_20200407-151021_Amazon Shopping.jpg
this is the cheap kit I bought has worked great so far

Crimp tools are unique to the crimp.
I typically just buy the connectors with leads or 'extenders' and cut them in half and solder to whatever is broken.
Not a fan of crimping, ends up being more expensive and I don't repair that often.

View attachment 73633 this is the cheap kit I bought has worked great so far
I picked one very similar. But you know I can’t buy a red one. It’s gotta be blue!
FAE134DD-B7B6-45C1-ADFB-238CD37BC308.png

Crimp tools are unique to the crimp.
I typically just buy the connectors with leads or 'extenders' and cut them in half and solder to whatever is broken.
Not a fan of crimping, ends up being more expensive and I don't repair that often.
I really just want to recrimp ends. I don’t want this soldered connector flapping around. Thanks for the input tho. ??

I picked one very similar. But you know I can’t buy a red one. It’s gotta be blue!
View attachment 73639

I really just want to recrimp ends. I don’t want this soldered connector flapping around. Thanks for the input tho. ??
The nice thing about those you can make your own servo extensions or make servos wires shorter if need be.

View attachment 73639

All made in same factory lol. Fyi most people don't like crimping because it isn't done right. There are 2 spots you crimp to make it hold. I'm sure you know already.

All made in same factory lol. Fyi most people don't like crimping because it isn't done right. There are 2 spots you crimp to make it hold. I'm sure you know already.
I’ve got probably ten different ratcheting crimpers but none this style. I will check some videos about the ins and outs but it shouldn’t be too difficult. ??

If there are things you know that aren’t obvious, please share.

Man, maybe I'm more drunk than I think, or that guy is impossible to hear. Plus his camera won't focus. ???‍♂️?‍♂️
Have another one it might clear up lol

I have no idea what this is but could.use help... not so.much broken as missing, what screw or.connector part would I have lost??? connecting servo and steering stuff

Attachments

• 20200407_200743.jpg
    20200407_200743.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 27
Back