What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered new ones I guess i'll have spares on hand, seems like I only took the wheels off once or twice and bam loosing frickin wheels left and right now..
I always use blue gel locktight on my wheel nuts. 17mm or otherwise. Just isn't worth it getting loose and flying off or worse, rounding out the hex. Then your out a wheel/tire.

Not a break.. But..

I lost the fiddlesticking pin for the gear inside the diff... I had it in my needle nose plyers next thing I know KACHINK Plonk bong zoinks! There went the pin flying thru the air bouncing off everything and landing somewhere I can't find :\

damnit.

Off to order new pins and o rings.

Not a break.. But..

I lost the fiddlesticking pin for the gear inside the diff... I had it in my needle nose plyers next thing I know KACHINK Plonk bong zoinks! There went the pin flying thru the air bouncing off everything and landing somewhere I can't find :\

damnit.

Off to order new pins and o rings.
One word: magnet

Magnet on the end of a stick and sweep the area. Done it a million times cause I work in a carpeted area and this kind of fiddlesticking thing happens a lot

One word: magnet

Magnet on the end of a stick and sweep the area. Done it a million times cause I work in a carpeted area and this kind of fiddlesticking thing happens a lot

I just ordered new pins.. Theres too much poop around the floor to have to move to try and find the pin.. I still gotta rebuild the center and rear so the down time isn't going to bother me much tbh.

Oh and red Loctite on that servo nut I'm 100% confidant will hold, I let it dry for like 30 mins and was forced to take It apart again cuz I fiddlesticked up reinstalling … anyway.... THAT WAS A MOFO to get free.. Red is like super glue.. Took heat and a ton of force to break it free.. when that poop drys it won't come off lol

front a arm. bent shock shaft. bent front cvd. not bad as i hit a steel fence post at about 30 mph

Wow snapped a U-joint on the rear end of my BRCC...

Figured out how I did that one...…….Toe in was set wrong caused grinding which wore the plastic down and broke :(

Replaced the tie rod end the other day but I guess I didn't set the toe in right when I did that one.

FUDGE!

Last edited:
Wow snapped a U-joint on the rear end of my BRCC...

Figured out how I did that one...…….Toe in was set wrong caused grinding which wore the plastic down and broke :(

Replaced the tie rod end the other day but I guess I didn't set the toe in right when I did that one.

FUDGE!

Toe is fixed on the rear. You can only adjust camber on the rear.

Toe is fixed on the rear. You can only adjust camber on the rear.

Camber was set wrong, I get confused on the difference..

Anyway the U joint didn't break but the holes that hold the axel shaft were enlarged enough the axel popped off.

Ordered a new set of stock camber links since I apperntly can't set them right i'll compare then set them identical to stock and be done.

Camber was set wrong, I get confused on the difference..

Anyway the U joint didn't break but the holes that hold the axel shaft were enlarged enough the axel popped off.

Ordered a new set of stock camber links since I apperntly can't set them right i'll compare then set them identical to stock and be done.

I'm not sure how you can set camber wrong, lol. Was the tire super angled one way or the other? I mean so far that it looks like it was riding only on the inner or outer edge of the tire?

I'm not sure how you can set camber wrong, lol. Was the tire super angled one way or the other? I mean so far that it looks like it was riding only on the inner or outer edge of the tire?

Broke the eyelet so I hada replace that and when I threaded it back on I either went too far or didn't go far enough and yes the tire was slanted in ward enough to notice that I should have fixed it but didn't think it was going to do any harm figured it would just tear up the poop tires I have.. I was wrong.. stressed the axel too much.

I broke the ESC in my notorious today , Had the BEC wired up everything was programed set the output volts to 7, had 1 battery hooked up and the jumper, Puled the jumper plugged in my 2nd battery for 4s and womp womp womp fried the ESC, Forgot to clip the interneal bec cause i was going to use a harness but forgot that too..

Womp womp womp.. Ordered a new ESC..

hooked up my mm2 2200kv combo and ran that for a few min, need to program the breaking and punch it seems to go from a full reverse straight into a full throttle that don't seem right lol

I broke the ESC in my notorious today , Had the BEC wired up everything was programed set the output volts to 7, had 1 battery hooked up and the jumper, Puled the jumper plugged in my 2nd battery for 4s and womp womp womp fried the ESC, Forgot to clip the interneal bec cause i was going to use a harness but forgot that too..

Womp womp womp.. Ordered a new ESC..

hooked up my mm2 2200kv combo and ran that for a few min, need to program the breaking and punch it seems to go from a full reverse straight into a full throttle that don't seem right lol
OMG! If it ain't one thing, it's another. Try less Tequila when working.

Think I may have just slightly bent the front left shock shaft while out jumping snow banks. Spring touches a hair when being compressed but not enough that I'm worried about changing anything yet. No damaged plastic, even with temps below 0° C.?

I locked my keys in my vehicle out bashing and had to call my wife to come rescue me.
Other than that mishap all I broke was a wing mount

I locked my keys in my vehicle out bashing and had to call my wife to come rescue me.
Other than that mishap all I broke was a wing mount
She really loves you. I would have had to call a cab ?

First snow run with my granite blx and bum i hit the road sign and break front bumper ? so much fun

Attachments

• 20190122_202707.jpg
    20190122_202707.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190122_191656.jpg
    20190122_191656.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 28
So I'm drying out and checking my truck, and I see these two holes on the bottom of the chassis, battery side. There's two others that look like weep holes, but the two I'm pointing at are countersunk. Were there ever screws there, cause I honestly don't remember. Are they for an extra long battery tray option?

Attachments

• 20190126_182512.jpg
    20190126_182512.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 37
Back