What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying to do a backflip off the chain link fence at work today with the O8S. The front bumper got stuck, so lower control arm broke and shock shaft got bent. And I noticed that the shock is leaking? I'm guessing it's not related since it might have come out of the box like that ?
20200823_023530.jpg
20200822_201739.jpg

Joining in that kind of destruction. Same chain link fence claimed these on my xmaxx 8s. Center driveshaft and front lower bulkhead too. I guess it's not a great idea to do high backflips and land in concrete. It was partially my fault because I had stripped one of the bolts (where it screws) that hold the front diff cover to the lower bulkhead. At least it's fixed. Concrete wins every time.
20200821_123529.jpg

Nothing! Well, almost nothing... lol!

Ran my outcast hard yesterday and all I did was pull a screw through my tbone wheelie bar somehow. I flipped the bolt around so the nut had to pull through and it did fine the rest of the session. I only ran one set of packs through it, but it was 20 minutes of pretty rough jumping. Was a good day.

Just found a little more carnage from backflips off the fence and landing bad on concrete. Bent bolt on wheelie bar. Bent it back already with my brass BFH on what else? Concrete ??
20200823_195039.jpg

Not today, but Saturday.

Threw the Proline Avengers on my Typhon for some modest asphalt bashing. Still had been rocking with the STX2, as I'm still unsure of what radio I want to upgrade to. With that being said, I lost all input functionality at 40+mph, Typhon slammed into a curb, resulting in a bent shock, broken RPM arm, and bent tie rod.

Next thing I knew, the STX2 just "fell apart" in my hands, and by that I mean I snapped the POS in half out of pure frustration.

As a basher/aspiring speed runner, what are you guys using for radios?
IMG_20200823_122713.jpg

Not today, but Saturday.

Threw the Proline Avengers on my Typhon for some modest asphalt bashing. Still had been rocking with the STX2, as I'm still unsure of what radio I want to upgrade to. With that being said, I lost all input functionality at 40+mph, Typhon slammed into a curb, resulting in a bent shock, broken RPM arm, and bent tie rod.

Next thing I knew, the STX2 just "fell apart" in my hands, and by that I mean I snapped the POS in half out of pure frustration.

As a basher/aspiring speed runner, what are you guys using for radios?View attachment 96141
Either a Futaba or a higher end Spektrum will be good ???

Not today, but Saturday.

As a basher/aspiring speed runner, what are you guys using for radios?View attachment 96141
Futaba 3PV is what I’m running but I would be buying a Flysky Noble NB4 today.

So pissed $+#&*$-@!?!! Spent most of the day putting on new RPM A arms front and back and doing how to videos. Take the truck out for a test and absolutely shred my spur gear F*&#!!!!! More pissed at the fact I think my slipper assembly is toast also and can't find a replacement anywhere.
IMG_20200827_205314702.jpg

IMG_20200827_204703264.jpg
IMG_20200827_204950155.jpg

I bought the NB4 yesterday, should be here in two weeks. I also have a couple of receivers coming from Banggood. Hope it lives up to the hype.
I will be buying one from US stock from a reliable dealer. I’m done buying from China anything that I wouldn’t just throw away if it didn’t work out. But yeah, I want one too.

I will be buying one from US stock from a reliable dealer. I’m done buying from China anything that I wouldn’t just throw away if it didn’t work out. But yeah, I want one too.

Finding one from a reliable source was the biggest pain in my rear... ended up going with a highly-rated eBay seller, as I trust eBay will take care of me in case things go sideways. Paid a bit more ($240) but this was what I felt most comfortable with.

Went out to bash my K6s on 6S Sun. Morning. Drove slowly to trim my ST. Then I pulled the TH to let it rip. In that quick moment the rig did a standing backflip perfectly onto its lid as the motor locked up. That was the quickest bash session I ever had. Stock 2050 motor was well maintained/lubed. Bearings were fine The armature just let loose, magnets separated and shattered. The nature of the beast. :poop: happens. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this motor. My moneys worth for sure. Still under warranty And HH shipped a new one out yesterday, no questions asked. Teddy at HH is awesome.
20200830_220639.jpg
20200830_220558.jpg

I ordered a set of TRBRC Ceramic BB's for the new 2050 motor. Ceramics have come down in price as of late. Giving it a try.

Last edited:
Went out to bash my K6s on 6S Sun. Morning. Drove slowly to trim my ST. Then I pulled the TH to let it rip. In that quick moment the rig did a standing backflip perfectly onto its lid as the motor locked up. That was the quickest bash session I ever had. Stock 2050 motor was well maintained/lubed. Bearings were fine The armature just let loose, magnets separated and shattered. The nature of the beast. :poop: happens. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this motor. My moneys worth for sure. Still under warranty And HH shipped a new one out yesterday, no questions asked. Teddy at HH is awesome.
View attachment 97691View attachment 97692
I ordered a set of TRBRC Ceramic BB's for the new 2050 motor. Ceramics have come down in price as of late. Giving it a try.
My mate had that happen to a 4092 the other day..
You guy's in the states are so lucky with warranties, we would struggle to get that warrantied over here..?

^^^ Yeah I don't understand that at all. I agree 1000%. HH really should do something about that. Its not fair. Arrma is a far reaching popular global RC product at this point in time. I think they are hurting themselves by doing this. I am sure this has been considered. Someone at HH at the top must have his hands tied or something. HH Warr. Support outside of the States has been languishing poorly for way too long... ?‍♂️
:cool:
Horizon Hobby....are you listening???? :unsure:

DSC_0510.JPG

DSC_0511.JPG

Bashed my Talion a little bit too hard on 6S and now I require a new diff case. Time to upgrade to the new diff case after 8 years. It had a long and dirty life...

Last edited:
Back