What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone needs a flatten pinion?

DSC_0516.JPG

First thought it was due to the tighten slipper but during rebuild I noticed that the diff seal blocked the gear wheels. Never had that before...

Today's carnage = front wheel on O6S cracked at the hub. TBH I hit the same tree branch that I smacked my O8S with. Xmaxx = right front bearings went right through the hub. O8S = left rear shock eye broke after the O8S came crashing down because I hit that tree limb at around 12ft. I didn't know it was going to go that high!
20200905_091703.jpg

This is the tree branch that I hit! =

Last edited:
Typhon 6S

Bent the front center driveshaft on a nose landing. About time I do a full tear down anyways. She’s been rode hard and put away wet.

KEXB

Rear right arm is cracked at the hinge pin and there is a lot of slop. It could still be ran but it’s too hard to keep straight under throttle and I don’t want to damage more

Also both fans, ESC and motor, are destroyed again. Both were brand new. The ESC was running a PowerHobby 40mm and the motor had a stock 50mm from the K8S. Now out of 50mm fans and starting to really burn thru these 40mm ESC fans. Might be time to put a big 12VDC blower on them both. Run them off the balance cable. ??‍♂️

I just found out why my xmaxx 8s was only RWD. All fixed up. No wonder the O8S felt so much better ?:
20200905_193227.jpg

Broke a tierod end off on my outcast today... yesterday. Fixed it and kept on bashing.

Ripped some screws out of the rear skid plate and broke the front skid plate on my ERBEv2. Didn't notice until the end of the second set of packs.

Ran through 2 full sets of packs in both trucks! First time in a very long time where I wasn't discharging packs when I got home!

Dang hope you can still by glass for those. Heat up the glass and use a plastic spudger to pick it off. You will want to use some canned air to blow out any remaining debris before putting the replacement lens on.

Rounded a hex in my Backflip LP wheel. Somehow the right rear nut cane loose and rounded the hex inside the wheel. Moved it to the front left and kept bashing. Might be ok on the front as it has less of a load there. Time will tell.

Rounded a hex in my Backflip LP wheel. Somehow the right rear nut cane loose and rounded the hex inside the wheel. Moved it to the front left and kept bashing. Might be ok on the front as it has less of a load there. Time will tell.
Could clean it out real well, then throw a little JB Weld in it and bolt it up, then fight with it later when the tire wears out.

Just opened that thread to read a minute ago. Looks like a decent fix. Too bad my SRC terrain crusher wheels weren't designed that way, got a badly spun hex in one of those.

Took the outcast out to the bmx track again yesterday. Diffs are still good! Busted a tekno shock end on the rear and stripped out the sliding motor mount plate in my HR motor mount. The motor moved on me, thought one of my diffs died, but was just the motor/pinion mesh.

Back