What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Granite A-arm and Mega camber link as well as huge cracks in the body. it was around 0C here today and my son was determined to give his truck a horrible beating

I have spares in stock. It will be a good occasion to replace the Mega composite links by the adjustable ones from the 3S.

IMG_20201121_164815.jpg

Different day, another break. The Kraton 8S was ripping and then the dreaded cartwheel in 45°f weather. Broke the left rear a-arm.
20201122_112405.jpg

20201122_122541.jpg

I fortunately had a spare at the house and after a quick clean, its ready for more abuse.
20201122_122608.jpg

On my Noto, I broke that thing amjig doo hicky thing that connects to the tail light fluid. And I was wondering why the car wouldnt steer .
I have to get a picture to see. Hard to explain how that thing a ma jig broke with that doo hicky whatcha macall it. I'll post the picture. It's hilarious. ?‍♂️

Edit: I figured it out.
I was using 1mil oil in the tail light. Will get you every time. I don't recommend it. Or the doo hickey will fail, then the whatchamacallit just fails. And guess what, Arrma wont even warranty it. The manual clearly states not to mess with the thinga ma jig.
Hey we all learn from our mistakes.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Took the Kraton to a skatepark and I was launching it straight up in the air. Inevitable that I would break a few things. Rear arm and hinge pin, outdrive cup on the rear dif, and the dam screw broke inside the rear brace. All and all, a great day.
20201127_162703.jpg
20201127_225323.jpg
20201127_162728.jpg

Met up with @GRIFFINJ today. Broke some stuff on my outcast... was a good time!

Tekno shock end on the front, fixed while out bashing.

Front axle carrier:
2020-1128-outcast-BrokenAxleCarrier.jpg

Boiled RPM wing mount. It's been on there since early spring or last year... can't recall, lasted a while, replaced with boiled arrma after melting an arrma set in one of my wife's pans... oops:
2020-1128-outcast-BrokenBoiledRPMWingMount.jpg

No photo's of the mount I melted in one of her nice pans... don't need that kind of evidence floating around. I forgot about it while I was working on the bearings.

Front body mount:
2020-1128-outcast-BrokenBodyMount.jpg

Also replaced all hub bearings since I had to replace one carrier... figured it was time, some of the bearings are the originals from 2018! I won a fasteddy bearing kit for it when I got it, or shortly after, but never replaced the hub bearings.

Broke an arm on my stampede, again. This is the 3rd traxxas "heavy duty" cold weather arm, the same arm. All 3 broke at the seam for the hinge pin at the bulkhead. I broke another on the rear a while back, same spot. Going to just put my old "noodle" rpm arms back on the front since all I have are 3 spare right side TRX HD CW arms...
2020-1128-stampede-brokenTRXCWArm-3rdTime.jpg

Last edited:
Snapped this mutha’ clean off today.
Did some 3 wheeled wheelies afterwards. ?

1578A973-DE45-4EC8-B5B9-19F7ACEFBA15.jpeg

Always the right! I’ve got about 6 lefts now... ?

0F9D1FB3-86D0-4B7D-8354-869861577710.jpeg

Both big girls are in need of some loving now! ?

Met up with @GRIFFINJ today. Broke some stuff on my outcast... was a good time!

Tekno shock end on the front, fixed while out bashing.

Front axle carrier:
2020-1128-outcast-BrokenAxleCarrier.jpg

Boiled RPM wing mount. It's been on there since early spring or last year... can't recall, lasted a while, replaced with boiled arrma after melting an arrma set in one of my wife's pans... oops:
2020-1128-outcast-BrokenBoiledRPMWingMount.jpg

No photo's of the mount I melted in one of her nice pans... don't need that kind of evidence floating around. I forgot about it while I was working on the bearings.

Front body mount:
2020-1128-outcast-BrokenBodyMount.jpg

Also replaced all hub bearings since I had to replace one carrier... figured it was time, some of the bearings are the originals from 2018! I won a fasteddy bearing kit for it when I got it, or shortly after, but never replaced the hub bearings.

Broke an arm on my stampede, again. This is the 3rd traxxas "heavy duty" cold weather arm, the same arm. All 3 broke at the seam for the hinge pin at the bulkhead. I broke another on the rear a while back, same spot. Going to just put my old "noodle" rpm arms back on the front since all I have are 3 spare right side TRX HD CW arms...
2020-1128-stampede-brokenTRXCWArm-3rdTime.jpg

I just noticed this on one of my "heavy duty" arms while I was putting on the Lunsford hinge pin. Only ran it once. Guess I'll go to Rpms.
20201128_200844.jpg

I cannot complain since I've owned the Granite BLX v2 since Feb for my first break. I got her into a cartwheel which has happened before many times but this time I broke, lost, or just flew off the steering turnbuckle. Unfortunately, this was the longer turnbuckle needed for my RPM Typhon arms. Wish I could have found it to get the turnbuckle since I have extra end links :(

IMG_20201128_222823.jpg
IMG_20201128_222807.jpg
IMG_20201128_222742.jpg

Back