What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot complain since I've owned the Granite BLX v2 since Feb for my first break. I got her into a cartwheel which has happened before many times but this time I broke, lost, or just flew off the steering turnbuckle. Unfortunately, this was the longer turnbuckle needed for my RPM Typhon arms. Wish I could have found it to get the turnbuckle since I have extra end links :(

View attachment 111568View attachment 111569View attachment 111570
I've lost so many parts while out bashing, I should start bringing my metal detector.

Spot the broken part ?. Didn't know this thread existed until today, had the k6 for a few weeks now it's way too much fun not to break every time I go out. Too many pictures to upload!

IMG_20201129_144424_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20201127_185944_Bokeh.jpg

Excuse me sir, but I believe you may have something growing out of your Kraton. Looks like bashalot ivy?
I believe that’s the Sendit perenne grass that’s native to north European islands

Took the Kraton to a skatepark and I was launching it straight up in the air. Inevitable that I would break a few things. Rear arm and hinge pin, outdrive cup on the rear dif, and the dam screw broke inside the rear brace. All and all, a great day.View attachment 111366View attachment 111367View attachment 111368
Dam, you don't play around do you?
And wheels for the wheelie bar there's not much left of them?
Nice work you got there. Couldn't have (y) done any better myself.

That's an easy fix with drywall tape and shoegoo. You wouldn't even notice the crack.
Use rivets and coffee can lid or some other squishy plastic.

2019-0504-Outcast-OriginalBodyBeatUp.jpg

My outcast body was pretty much in 3 pieces. The front, the cab and the truck bed. A bit of plastic, drill and some 1/8" rivets and it got me through 6 months more running.

Use rivets and coffee can lid or some other squishy plastic.

2019-0504-Outcast-OriginalBodyBeatUp.jpg

My outcast body was pretty much in 3 pieces. The front, the cab and the truck bed. A bit of plastic, drill and some 1/8" rivets and it got me through 6 months more running.
My 2wd Stampede body looks like this, held together with tin and pop rivets :ROFLMAO: it's about 7 years old though.

Took the Kraton to a skatepark and I was launching it straight up in the air. Inevitable that I would break a few things. Rear arm and hinge pin, outdrive cup on the rear dif, and the dam screw broke inside the rear brace. All and all, a great day.View attachment 111366View attachment 111367View attachment 111368
Did that fall out of a plane or something???? :LOL:
My 2wd Stampede body looks like this, held together with tin and pop rivets :ROFLMAO: it's about 7 years old though.
Hey it works. Keep sending it.:cool:

I used to do that, but the rivets with a backer worked best. I also tried little wire loops, which was time consuming and didn't work as well as zipties.

Kind of funny... I bought rivets and a rivet gun just for this. lol!

Back