What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the triple backflips with the Granite came to an end when this happened. Was expecting it as it was cracked, now to order some new ones from JennysRC ? bash break fix repeat?
IMG_20210105_170026799_HDR.jpg

@L3phturn and @Greengaunja
Here's a pic of my Gorilla tape job on my new Notorious body. Remember, the inside of this body is white?
20210105_221050.jpg

@L3phturn and @Greengaunja
Here's a pic of my Gorilla tape job on my new Notorious body. Remember, the inside of this body is white?
View attachment 118101
Im going to try T Rex and fibre tape on my new rig. I like that Gorilla Tape already has the strands for strength but T Rex is insane on adhesive strength and would be even better if it did the same. I like the neatness of the one you did
Broke a couple things at the rink tonight.

Upper arm on my Kaiju:

View attachment 118103

and bent the motor mount on my Typhon 3S. Hit hard enough to break the mounting tabs off both sides of the ESC but so far the only damage I see is the bent mount:

View attachment 118106

View attachment 118105
Is that switch just taped to the sides? Since moving the ESC, I wondered about what to do with mine as it won't reach the bolt and peg holes on receiver box. Might just drill new holes in chassis

Last edited:
Is that switch just taped to the sides? Since moving the ESC, I wondered about what to do with mine as it won't reach the bolt and peg holes on receiver box. Might just drill new holes in chassis

Mine's screwed down - it reaches although I can't remember if I had to use a longer screw or not.

Is there a benefit to it? Like how the double sided tape "cushions" the receiver to allow smoother operation?
I smoked my BLX185 and replaced with a Hobbywing - so I've only used tape to stick my ESCs down. The stuff that comes in the box from Hobbywing is crap - I have some red backed stuff that is thicker and much more adhesive. I use it to mount my ESC, receiver, and switch. If you have a set of capacitors in-line anywhere stick those down with double sided mounting tape too so they don't bounce around and break connections.

Im going to try T Rex and fibre tape on my new rig. I like that Gorilla Tape already has the strands for strength but T Rex is insane on adhesive strength and would be even better if it did the same. I like the neatness of the one you did

I saw the T Rex tape too late - have a huge roll of black Gorilla tape. I'll upload a picture of the job I just did on the inside of my son's EXB. I didn't do nearly as neat of a job. I probably put too many layers too as now I can't get the body pins in the back in. It's hobby knife time.

I saw the T Rex tape too late - have a huge roll of black Gorilla tape. I'll upload a picture of the job I just did on the inside of my son's EXB. I didn't do nearly as neat of a job. I probably put too many layers too as now I can't get the body pins in the back in. It's hobby knife time.
I had the same issue with both bodies i did. My solution was a c clamp, piece of a wood paint stir stick, and piece of steel i found in garage. Put wood across the holes on top and the metal across the bottom. Clamp middle as tight as you can and leave overnight. I don't know if Gorrilla tape will flex back out but I assume the adhesive will help keep it flattened.

I had no luck with tape (even T-Rex). Body posts pushed right through it, granted didn't have the 'plates' on the posts (silly me) but shows it offers no protection to punctures type damage.
I experimented with an old V3 Kraton body, Tape doesn't do anything for me, used flexspray in some areas and it peels right off and doesn't add any strength, good for washing off dirt though. I use it to cover the rough shoegoo areas.
Shoegoo sytandalone is as good as tape i.e. useless for rips, combo with dry-wall tape is still superior. Nothing unexpected to be honest and I expected this based on research.

I had no luck with tape (even T-Rex). Body posts pushed right through it, granted didn't have the 'plates' on the posts (silly me) but shows it offers no protection to punctures type damage.
I experimented with an old V3 Kraton body, Tape doesn't do anything for me, used flexspray in some areas and it peels right off and doesn't add any strength, good for washing off dirt though. I use it to cover the rough shoegoo areas.
Shoegoo sytandalone is as good as tape i.e. useless for rips, combo with dry-wall tape is still superior. Nothing unexpected to be honest and I expected this based on research.
I always failed to see how fibretape could "strengthen" a body. Better than nothing, yes. Crashes produce "push force" whereas drywall is about "pull" forces. So yeah, one positive for fibretape. You body cracks but the separated pieces are held together. Thats why I did threads about trying different methods and seeing how they held up. Auto undercoater (trowel on) worked amazing well until the cold weather made it brittle. So body #2 was done almost the same but this time, an auto spray undercoater(aerosol) guaranteed flex and adhesion -40 on top of a stiffer mesh applied with an auto high temp adhesive.

Back