What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My arm doesn't even compare to some of the horrors posted so far. And just to drop myself a little more View attachment 157041View attachment 157042
My first half way proper bash with the new noto. Popped the cvd out of the cup. 2 min fix and ready to go again. Definitely need to up the pinion for my lack of a driving style though. The stock 12t doesn't have what I yurn for.
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Drag Infraction decided to shift the CVD pin on the rear driver side. Brought it home and tossed it in the vice and centered it back in. My vice has an indent in the clamp where the “shoe” is bolted on. This allowed me enough space for the pin to come out the back side. Took more time getting the CVD out than pushing the pin back in. No idea how long that will hold up, so I guess I may be buying the pins that @Mr.Duke recommended before. I believe they were Mugen pins

2531947B-0801-43E7-96C2-5AB70581DD32.jpeg

I remember now why I don't go to the big jumps at the mountain park track. I really need a nice curved ramp. They decided today to kill my servo and readjust my rear toe. About halfway through the bash the servo bricked, but I decided in my infinite wisdom to just keep jumping it by lining up to the ramp, probably should have packed it up. This is also my first time with the LP tires on big jumps and the reduced air control is definitely noticed.

Here is the list of the dead:
1x rear arm
1x rear hinge pin
1x rear output cup
1x servo
1x M4 M2C shock mount
Bent rear skid again

I think everything else survived. Great wing mount @Lovestricken. No doubt the wheelie bar and mount would be broken without it. Truly some of the worst driving of my short RC career.

Roll cage definitely did an amazing job taking some brutal upside down landing. I highly recommend it.

20210711_104548.jpg
20210711_104602.jpg
20210711_104611.jpg
20210711_104637.jpg

I remember now why I don't go to the big jumps st the mountain park track. I really need a nice curved ramp. They decided today to kill my servo and readjust my rear toe. About halfway through the bash the servo bricked, but I decided in my infinite wisdom to just keep jumping it by lining up to the ramp, probably should have packed it up. This is also my first time with the LP tires on big jumps and the reduced air control is definitely noticed.

1x rear arm
1x rear hinge pin
1x rear output cup
1x servo
1x M4 M2C shock mount
Bent rear skid again

I think everything else survived. Great wing mount @Lovestricken. No doubt the wheelie bar and mount would be broken without it. Truly some of the worst driving of my short RC career.

Roll cage definitely did an amazing job taking some brutal upside down landing. I highly recommend it.

View attachment 157357View attachment 157358View attachment 157359View attachment 157360
You definitely sent it... that's a decent list of casualties lol.

You definitely sent it... that's a decent list of casualties lol.

Yeah, the ramps at that park just aren't all there, at least not the ones I was using. Short lead ups made of dusty concrete so little grip. A big curved carpeted ramp that leads into grass is needed. They have some big wood ones, but grip and landing area are still an issue. The lack of steering didn't help.

Yeah, the ramps at that park just aren't all there, at least not the ones I was using. Short lead ups made of dusty concrete so little grip. A big curved carpeted ramp that leads into grass is needed. They have some big wood ones, but grip and landing area are still an issue. The lack of steering didn't help.
Steering kinda helps lol... what's the replacement going to be?

Steering kinda helps lol... what's the replacement going to be?

Another DS3235KG or maybe one of those 60kg amazon ones. Think I'll order both and see which I like more. Also thinking about an M2C rear hinge pin kit and M2c outdrives. Not sure if they are worth it though. When you guys replace arms, do you do both sides? or upper and lower? or just the broken one?

Edit: also popped the front support for the roll cage out of place due to lawn darts. Nothing broke though, if I didn't have M2C towers (or I bothered to drill the holes) this would be impossible due to the support attaching to the shock tower. The bumper spring did great though!

20210711_113100.jpg

Another DS3235KG or maybe one of those 60kg amazon ones. Think I'll order both and see which I like more. Also thinking about an M2C rear hinge pin kit and M2c outdrives. Not sure if they are worth it though. When you guys replace arms, do you do both sides? or upper and lower? or just the broken one?

Edit: also popped the front support for the roll cage out of place due to lawn darts. Nothing broke though, if I didn't have M2C towers (or I bothered to drill the holes) this would be impossible due to the support attaching to the shock tower. The bumper spring did great though!

View attachment 157365
I will flip the 1 side and replace the other. Sometimes I will change both and keep the 1 as a back up when I am away from the house running.

I remember now why I don't go to the big jumps at the mountain park track. I really need a nice curved ramp. They decided today to kill my servo and readjust my rear toe. About halfway through the bash the servo bricked, but I decided in my infinite wisdom to just keep jumping it by lining up to the ramp, probably should have packed it up. This is also my first time with the LP tires on big jumps and the reduced air control is definitely noticed.

1x rear arm
1x rear hinge pin
1x rear output cup
1x servo
1x M4 M2C shock mount
Bent rear skid again

View attachment 157357View attachment 157358View attachment 157359View attachment 157360
So early in the month, but noted for the judging when the month ends. This truck was properly sent💪💪

God I hate that sound when they let go! I have been working quietly listening to a podcast wrenching on my RCs in peace and quiet and then the spring pops and I poop myself.
I was actually out in the driveway watching the dog do his business, when all the sudden BOOM! The door shook and I thought my wife had thrown something at it from the inside.. but upon further investigation, nope just the spring popping again. 😕
The door is only maybe 5 yo. and this is the second one! To be fair our garage opens more than (insert joke here)

I was actually out in the driveway watching the dog do his business, when all the sudden BOOM! The door shook and I thought my wife had thrown something at it from the inside.. but upon further investigation, nope just the spring popping again. 😕
The door is only maybe 5 yo. and this is the second one! To be fair our garage opens more than (insert joke here)
Same here. Ours is the main entry used to the house. We do use the front door on occasions, but 95% is thru the garage.

Back