What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The power of the 2028 strikes again! 🤯
050473B0-5999-4D99-BF20-B3A244AF9B19.jpeg
CDB6DE11-0892-468B-A146-D79F8CC1ED7E.jpeg
997C9D26-1A63-43BB-9326-19CDD8E64459.jpeg

Took the 8s trucks out to play today, and almost immediately the kraton was front wheel drive only.. I figured out why.. so much for bombproof diffs. 😱

Edit: upon further thought and investigation, I’m thinking these are the original V1 sliver/chrome looking M3.5’s not the new black ones. Idk if the newer black ones are stronger…? Pretty sure that was part of the problem with the V1 center diffs.

Last edited:
The power of the 2028 strikes again! 🤯View attachment 158516View attachment 158517View attachment 158518
Took the 8s trucks out to play today, and almost immediately the kraton was front wheel drive only.. I figured out why.. so much for bombproof diffs. 😱

Edit: upon further thought and investigation, I’m thinking these are the original V1 sliver/chrome looking M3.5’s not the new black ones. Idk if the newer black ones are stronger…? Pretty sure that was part of the problem with the V1 center diffs.
Damn!
Ice Cube Movie GIF

The power of the 2028 strikes again! 🤯View attachment 158516View attachment 158517View attachment 158518

Well, those are grade 10.9 screws. Though I'm not sure 12.9 screws would have held up that much better with that much shear force haha.

Well, those are grade 10.9 screws. Though I'm not sure 12.9 screws would have held up that much better with that much shear force haha.
Supposedly they were 12.9 and painted silver so people would know they were M3.5 and not M3 or M4 🤷‍♂️

Oh dang after further inspection it does in fact say 10.9 right on the screw. Jason is a liar sort of like "Arrma only uses blue thread lock".......

I've done that to one of my LC Racing diffs.

20210407_214302.jpg

Last edited:
How did that break?
I thought I had a live video on IG but I never saved it... I was doing a pull and my truck went up the neighbors driveway half way up the curb and half still on the street.

I didn't think it was that hard, but it was probably going 70. It also rode the curb for 20 feet going about that speed. Wish I knew to save the video! Lol.

Some broke, some bent a good night had by me. First I'd gotten to bash since Saturday and first time the notorious has been out in almost 2 weeks. (Disclaimer, some alcoholic beverages may have been consumed.)
20210720_202007.jpg
20210720_202345.jpg

On a bright note, this truck is so much fun on a 15t pinion. And the yeah heat sink fan combo I only hit 125° at 85 ambient high humidity and no air movement.

Some broke, some bent a good night had by me. First I'd gotten to bash since Saturday and first time the notorious has been out in almost 2 weeks. (Disclaimer, some alcoholic beverages may have been consumed.)View attachment 159304View attachment 159305
On a bright note, this truck is so much fun on a 15t pinion. And the yeah heat sink fan combo I only hit 125° at 85 ambient high humidity and no air movement.
Wait until you see how fast it rotates in the air with a 20t..... 😉

Is that Busch light?? Looks like your control arm pin cap (or whatever Arrma calls it) is busted too. How'd that happen?

Some broke, some bent a good night had by me. First I'd gotten to bash since Saturday and first time the notorious has been out in almost 2 weeks. (Disclaimer, some alcoholic beverages may have been consumed.)View attachment 159304View attachment 159305
M2C shock towers are a very nice upgrade. All I do is jump mine constantly and they haven’t bent yet 😎

M2C shock towers are a very nice upgrade. All I do is jump mine constantly and they haven’t bent yet 😎
M2c tower, center braces, rear tower brace is all on my shopping list.
Is that Busch light?? Looks like your control arm pin cap (or whatever Arrma calls it) is busted too. How'd that happen?
Maybe😉 and I did bust the rr hanger and bent the pin. Not sure how but no biggie, had a spair, already replaced.
Wait until you see how fast it rotates in the air with a 20t..... 😉
I can't even imagine it with a 20t. 15 is plenty for me. Atleast for the time being

Back