What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn ya that's all bent up! I agree the aluminum or whatever metal they use is just not hard enough especially for the part that takes the most torque being attached to the spur and essentially the motor. I get keeping weight down but I don't think it would cause a huge issue being say steel and a bit heavier and stronger. I mean there's no issue changing from the really light plastic spur to steel spur so don't see heavier slipper hubs causing a big issue either.
Sounds totally reasonable to me
Sounds totally reasonable to me
And if a person orders the whole assembly with the steel spur is the other metals all still what they would be otherwise

Well after my impressive efforts in August I thought I would continue in September and with the spectrum electronics it's really not that difficult as you can see. Less then 10 minutes of mild beach bashing and this happens.
Destroyed a Hex as well but technically that was last month 😂😂

Videoframe_20210905_103720_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

IMG_20210830_214635.jpg

Intentional or happy coincidence? :ROFLMAO:
w64hd45645led.jpg

I almost forgot how much I hate brushed motors..... Didn't even last 5 minutes and it let out the magic smoke, it got so hot it melted the built in fan.

20210906_195109.jpg

Well, I was unable to keep my eyes open long enough last night to get the certificates printed, but better late than never. Once again, another month of glorious carnage is behind us with strong efforts by many. But there can only be one champion and since he is the only one that sent me a bribe on paypal, this month's WDYBT award goes to the Foum hall of famer, @jondilly1974! His need for speed is only surpassed by his need to keep working to fund his rc addiction. Keep it up JD cause we love watching your rc's take flight at over 100 mph! But wait! There are two other awards this month. I just couldn't let it go unoticed that @Reubydoobe @dadlifex3 @Mazduh3 and @BashingBrian tried pretty damn hard to empty their bank accounts. Smoked esc's, destroyed cameras, mangled bodies, blown difs, obliterated arms and mounts, etc., it just brings a tear to my eye how hard you all try. Good on you and all the rest who contributed this month. If you feel you deserved it but didn't get it, than try harder next month and maybe you too can have the coveted WDYBT certificate in September. The final award is presented to the member who somehow manages to hurt themselves while playing with toys, and this month it goes to @Be Ready for lighting up his fingers while crossing wires. I'd say it's a rookie mistake, but we all know that he's no rookie.

There is one person I want to acknowledge as well, but can't give him a certificate since he's not a member of the forum. @slick2500's nephew destroyed an rc earlier this month. Please tell him that Noto J is proud of him, and he should sign up on the forum so he can contribute each month.

So without wasting anymore of your precious time, here's this month's certificates. Enjoy!View attachment 166833View attachment 166834View attachment 166835
Thank you @Notorious J and everyone for the motivation to keep on spending money and bashing 😂. Apparently I am a glutton for punishment and eating Raman noodles to afford this hobby and the others I have lol. Hopefully this month will go a lot smoother for us all. Happy RC’ing everyone!!

with that said I have broken my second EXB shock standoff. Think I might give the 4mm bolt stand-off a try.

Tried to go bash at a skate park today but both the Notorious and Kraton failed almost out of the gate. Both EXB outdrives on the front dif cracked and one was replaced a week ago. The Notorious kept popping a front drive shaft but what ended the day was a rear arm broke right at the hinge pin. I think my bashing days might be coming to an end because as much as I enjoy wrenching, I'd also like to enjoy a few runs to lvc 😥

I feel honoured to have won joint 2nd place, shame my wallet didn't agree with my efforts 😉🤣🤣
Same as that. So far this month I've killed my EXB and 8s outcast. New motor and esc in the pipeline so the wallet is taking one for the team again 😁 did pick up a brand new blx motor for 90 pounds though so not such a bad start. Toying with the idea of a Corally esc as I've heard they are pretty good. Anyone have any experience with the corrally esc on the blx motor that used to go in the 6s??
Might be a hobbywing as Applience electronics have some really good deals on them. Choices choices 😉 picture just because it's probably the best arrma creation in a few year's 😍😍😍❤️hats off to Jerry for putting that beauty together

240556107_2094163354074736_3041975876443016227_n.jpg

The new beefcake M2c shock shaft bent.
Wow give this man a medal 🎖️😲
Obviously not as strong as they thought 😒

241683927_10221139974150435_7676265241466952846_n.jpg

No just proving a point pal 👍😉
Um k. You act like people were screaming and yelling that it was 100% fake. I think I saw maybe a handful of people saying they think it might be fake.

-edit- I went back and looked, 1 person posted that they thought it was fake. 1 person. :rolleyes:

Um k. You act like people were screaming and yelling that it was 100% fake. I think I saw maybe a handful of people saying they think it might be fake.

-edit- I went back and looked, 1 person posted that they thought it was fake. 1 person. :rolleyes:
You did for a start don't try and change your tune now 😂😂😂😂loads of people did so don't take it personally please
Seriously enjoy the hobby and stop putting people down it's not nice

You did for a start don't try and change your tune now 😂😂😂😂loads of people did so don't take it personally please
Seriously enjoy the hobby and stop putting people down it's not nice
Show me where I said it was fake. I said I had never heard of that website before nothing more nothing less. I also pointed out that one of the photos looked to have been photoshopped but I never once said or even implied that it was fake.
I'm not putting anyone down.

Don't throw rocks in a glass house Reuben.

"It's not fake
This forum is worse the fb sometimes it really is.
Comments like it's fake, Ive never heard of this shop. Wow you guy's rock you really do
❤️😂😂😂"

Last edited:
Back