What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Testing new speedrun car setup when it took off WOT 75 mph into curb.i had time to shut off radio to late though. Could been worst.coulda hit someone or someone's property...totaled.....very little salvageable parts.i think it was the radiolink receiver..

20211019_175029.jpg

Screenshot_20211019-174930_GNSS PA.jpg

20211019_175042.jpg

20211019_194946.jpg

20211019_194921.jpg

Testing new speedrun car setup when it took off WOT 75 mph into curb.i had time to shut off radio to late though. Could been worst.coulda hit someone or someone's property...totaled.....very little salvageable parts.i think it was the radiolink receiver..

View attachment 175080

View attachment 175081

View attachment 175082

View attachment 175083

View attachment 175084

Damn bud. Sounds eerily much like what happened to me. Are you using Lipo or AA batteries in the transmitter? Like possibly lost power or something?
My smack into curb(and flipped into a tree) definitely wasn't at 75mph, but based on distance I'd say around 50-55 mph give or take. Still, huge difference in damage and I wondering why. Possibly, with mine drooped enough to identify as a low rider made it easier to flip? What bumper did you have on? I used RPM with the HR skid plate acting like a washer.
Oh and BTW...NUTS TO YOU! You thwarted my plans to get Break of the month from Notorious J! Lol
Hope you're up and running soon!
Brand new, first use. Disastrous test run. Need to learn to leave well enough alone and be content with what I have.
20211019_212938.jpg

Last edited:
Damn bud. Sounds eerily much like what happened to me. Are you using Lipo or AA batteries in the transmitter? Like possibly lost power or something?
My smack into curb(and flipped into a tree) definitely wasn't at 75mph, but based on distance I'd say around 50-55 mph give or take. Still, huge difference in damage and I wondering why. Possibly, with mine drooped enough to identify as a low rider made it easier to flip? What bumper did you have on? I used RPM with the HR skid plate acting like a washer.
Oh and BTW...NUTS TO YOU! You thwarted my plans to get Break of the month from Notorious J! Lol
Hope you're up and running soon!
Brand new, first use. Disastrous test run. Need to learn to leave well enough alone and be content with what I have.
View attachment 175188
I have a lipo on remote,the curb I hit was a steep tall one ddi no deflections.was like hitting a brick wall.

View attachment 175080

View attachment 175081

View attachment 175082

View attachment 175083

View attachment 175084
It's about time you posted here! Since I'm the chairman, I'm pretty sure you already win this month's award. Anyone who tops this should just get out of the hobby now.

It's about time you posted here! Since I'm the chairman, I'm pretty sure you already win this month's award. Anyone who tops this should just get out of the hobby now.
Didn't now there was an award.this was my worst crash,but I've had alot of bad ones pretty close to this.i F*** alot of stuff up.

Didn't now there was an award.this was my worst crash,but I've had alot of bad ones pretty close to this.i F*** alot of stuff up.
Well, calling it an award is a bit of a stretch, but you definitely get recognition. We'll see if anyone else can top yours but I doubt it.

Well, calling it an award is a bit of a stretch, but you definitely get recognition. We'll see if anyone else can top yours but I doubt it.
Can you believe none of the a-arms,axles,upper arms,or none of the rear where broken,tp still good ,xlx2 not good,bent up titanium center shafts. Somewhat happy to save all the senton6 suspension.replacing senton6 stuff is more expensive an harder to find at times.so many bent screws during dismantle

You forgot to put them on?!?
In. I forgot to screw the yolk screws in. Yup. Stripped out the input gear. The ring gear is fine fortunately, just the input got stripped. It did work well for a month 🙃

I’m just going to be more careful when I end up with leftovers screws after working on my car. Normally I ignore the extras because I often replace screws as the heads begin to wear…

Can you believe none of the a-arms,axles,upper arms,or none of the rear where broken,tp still good ,xlx2 not good,bent up titanium center shafts. Somewhat happy to save all the senton6 suspension.replacing senton6 stuff is more expensive an harder to find at times.so many bent screws during dismantle
For sure. I have made several WTB posts in various RC groups, including here for Senton 6s arms, bones, cvds etc. No replies at all. Seems those who do have them know they have something not easily replaced.

For sure. I have made several WTB posts in various RC groups, including here for Senton 6s arms, bones, cvds etc. No replies at all. Seems those who do have them know they have something not easily replaced.
I run the gpm senton6 cvds 31$ compared to arrmas 60$👍

Didn't break any R/C parts but I set up an old phone as a GPS speedometer and velcro'd it to the top of my Vorteks body for some speed runs, did a couple passes in a short stretch of a parking lot and only got 49MPH, so I moved to a longer stretch where I could wind it out for at least a few seconds and make sure the GPS polled enough times to record the maximum speed. First pass hit a large rut and the truck did a violent front flip, phone went flying and smashed to pieces on the concrete. The phone didn't record a speed above 49MPH and now it will never get another chance, ha.

Back