What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke a bit of everything. Suspension arm, body mounts, wing mounts, bent the rear shock tower and snapped the pin that holds the shock at the bottom. I think I'm going to take up knitting, but knowing me, I'll find a way to break something doing that too.?

I broke a bit of everything. Suspension arm, body mounts, wing mounts, bent the rear shock tower and snapped the pin that holds the shock at the bottom. I think I'm going to take up knitting, but knowing me, I'll find a way to break something doing that too.?

Ok what did u run into or jump off of this time lol

Seriously consider keeping 4 wheels on the ground less stuff breaks lol

Ok what did u run into or jump off of this time lol

Seriously consider keeping 4 wheels on the ground less stuff breaks lol
Hahaha. I was jumping off my small ramps and rolled it a bunch of times. That did in the body and wing mounts. The front end damage came from a nose dive into a small brick garden border. Guess I should stop jumping in my neighbor's front yard while she's away? If I learned how to drive it right, I'd have nothing left to add to the forum.

Hahaha. I was jumping off my small ramps and rolled it a bunch of times. That did in the body and wing mounts. The front end damage came from a nose dive into a small brick garden border. Guess I should stop jumping in my neighbor's front yard while she's away? If I learned how to drive it right, I'd have nothing left to add to the forum.

TBH I took off both the roof mount in the middle and the 2 chassis braces to stop my self from jumping the car more then a foot or 2 off the ground. And even that I've stopped cuz I bent the chassis a cpl times. Its the only way I can stop myself from damaging the car lol

The BRCC i'll jump it since its only 3s and I dunno just seems to handle bashing a little better.. Least the brcc body sure does.

EDIT:

Just tried to take my brcc out and not even 20 seconds into the run I lost the wheel on the other side that I didn't red Loctite yet :p

Now I gotta sit around for an hour waiting for this damn Loctite to setup.. lame.

Last edited:
Do the Minnekowas work better mounted backwards? I've seen a few other sets of tires that do.
Pay no attention to it honestly. Just rotate them after every run session. Figured it works for big cars, why not rc cars.

TBH I took off both the roof mount in the middle and the 2 chassis braces to stop my self from jumping the car more then a foot or 2 off the ground. And even that I've stopped cuz I bent the chassis a cpl times. Its the only way I can stop myself from damaging the car lol

The BRCC i'll jump it since its only 3s and I dunno just seems to handle bashing a little better.. Least the brcc body sure does.

EDIT:

Just tried to take my brcc out and not even 20 seconds into the run I lost the wheel on the other side that I didn't red Loctite yet :p

Now I gotta sit around for an hour waiting for this damn Loctite to setup.. lame.
If we created a highlight reel between TC420 and Notorious J, we'd make a million bucks. The title would be: "The adventures of TC420 and Noto J. If we haven't broken it yet, is doesn't exist."

Snapped a dubro monster ball link on the front shock when I clipped a tree branch in flight... pretty sure it was the landing I couldn't see that broke it. Was a stupid move. All I had that I could readily fix it with were some RPM ends for traxxas revo 4mm push rods, which are soft and not near as thick. That got me mostly through my next location, which I then busted a inner tie-rod end, replaced it with a traxxas jato long ball end. Then I ripped the RPM end apart 5 minutes into my second set of packs.

Then on my stampede, I bent an alloy atomik rear axle carrier at the bmx track. I bent it back and continued on. The steering was a bit sketchy when running at the skate park. Not sure if it was due to slop, or my toe-adjustment was toe'd in too far causing it to be sketchy. Hit a concrete leg of a jump and snapped a front atomik axle carrier off. Going to replace the c-hub/axle carriers and rear axle carriers with hot racing as they look beefier than TRX alloy replacements. Also replacing all the worn ball ends as they aren't helping with my steering... then my crashes will be just my fault. lol!

Broke, the servo on the Kraton. I didn't know they could make such a loud noise. Ordered another from Jennys.

Broke the wheelie bar on my Granite and an axle along with the hardware, these parts are waiting for me at Hobbytown.

Also noticed one of the rims on the Granite is cracked, but Im going to run it until it breaks.

Broke, the servo on the Kraton. I didn't know they could make such a loud noise. Ordered another from Jennys.

Broke the wheelie bar on my Granite and an axle along with the hardware, these parts are waiting for me at Hobbytown.

Also noticed one of the rims on the Granite is cracked, but Im going to run it until it breaks.
Now you're doing it right!

Axel stub popped off my axel on the BRCC.. I'm really starting to wonder how much longer I wanna be into this hobby at the rate i'm spending money.. If parts don't stop breaking i'm gonna end up selling both my cars and saying fiddlestick it.

Axel stub popped off my axel on the BRCC.. I'm really starting to wonder how much longer I wanna be into this hobby at the rate i'm spending money.. If parts don't stop breaking i'm gonna end up selling both my cars and saying fiddlestick it.
I was in the aviation business. Aircraft have fixed operating costs (insurance, storage, cleaning, management) and direct operating costs (fuel, maintenance). RC definitley has a direct operating cost in regards to maintenance. Unless you run them at 20 mph in a wide open parking lot, stuff is bound to break and they certainly require maintenance. It's definitely an expensive hobby.

So I took the Noto out today, and was lucky enough to have my kids do some filming for me. Not so lucky, were a few plastic parts. I am not a good driver, and I land this thing in the worst way. No one was more shocked than me, that this is all that broke. I don't have a pic, but when I took my wheels off to clean and dry the truck, half of one of the pins in the right rear hub fell out. Easy to see that rust was the enemy, and glad the hub stayed tight till the end of the second pack. Total losses without a full inspection: one RPM wing mount, one TBone bumper to chassis attachment piece, one front upper control arm, and the hinge pin. Nice thing about the TBone XV4 2.0 bumper, is none of the force is transferred to the bulkhead. As you can see in the pics, the damage could have been way worse if it was.

haha... i never saw this post... arrma life!

You could always try a scale crawler, hard to break something when you 5 mph lol. If you set your slipper too tight you can break axles though.

I was starting to think about a crawler..
The new Redcat Gen 8 looks pretty cool. I have the SCX10-II it was pretty cool to put together, I also added some bling and aluminum axle housings to help lower the center of gravity and there is also the Vaterra Ascender, some of the Ascender models only fit shorty batteries, the newer ones like the Suburban come with a standard sized battery tray.

Steel L profil in grass... :-//

The new Redcat Gen 8 looks pretty cool. I have the SCX10-II it was pretty cool to put together, I also added some bling and aluminum axle housings to help lower the center of gravity and there is also the Vaterra Ascender, some of the Ascender models only fit shorty batteries, the newer ones like the Suburban come with a standard sized battery tray.

I decided to just stick with 1 single RC my brcc, the sale of my fleet of traxxas batteries, chargers, and notorious will fund any future parts I need for the brcc, When that money runs out them im selling the brcc and im moving on from RC'ing.

tbh im not having as much fun as I was when I was jumping my cars but that broke poop all the time, just driving them around the dirt while taking my dog for a walk is getting well.. Boring as poop.

So im just gonna downgrade for now and enjoy the brcc for what its worth.

EDIT: And the rear axel carrier finally split all the way and there went another axel rofl..

New carriers only 7$ for a pair so im not gonan sweat it I knew it was cracked days ago.

Last edited:
Back