What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bulkhead/gearbox is the only HR part I don't have that can possibly be installed on my Senton. Haven't seen a need for it yet as the bulkhead covers and the way I've secured the bulkheads strengthened up the composite bulkhead beyond my expectations.
I'm not looking at the HR bulkhead for added strength, I'm looking at it because (1) the tolerances are tighter; and (2) it doesn't flex as much as composite. Added strength is a nice bonus.

I went out for a freezing cold romp in some leftover icy snow. I had a lot of fun skittering across the ice and powder mix. I broke a shock end and lost the spring and cup (of course), so I had to pack it in. My phone took a dump, so I only got one crapy pic right after powering up. I brought my IR thermometer and at the end my motor was 17 F and my ESC was 20 F. Those GCRC fans really work, I guess!
IMAG1279.jpg

I have no idea what happened, my vorteks literally broke itself just driving around all easy like…these RCs just are not Arrma tough. I’ve been swindled! 🤣

9B6FB4B8-AD95-46B8-B7DC-B97F0EF7EFC1.jpeg

4BC73118-C0BB-4C8F-8480-37A448C3E923.jpeg

I have no idea what happened, my vorteks literally broke itself just driving around all easy like…these RCs just are not Arrma tough. I’ve been swindled! 🤣

I’m sure it had nothing to do when this happened at the skate park recently 🙃

I’m sorry, I just laugh every time I see a post like that where somebody whines about the car breaking itself for no reason. You just gotta take in to consideration what happened before the run where the car actually broke. THEY don't BREAK THEMSELVES! It takes…effort.

F66ECE80-908E-487C-BEA3-3F03B4611F13.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 188814

View attachment 188815

I’m sorry, I just laugh every time I see a post like that where somebody whines about the car breaking itself for no reason. You just gotta take in to consideration what happened before the run where the car actually broke. THEY don't BREAK THEMSELVES! It takes…effort.

View attachment 188819

Unless it's a Ford.

I finally broke an RPM wing mount after a few good tumbles on a very cold day. Gave me a chance to finally install my new @3d-rc.myshopify.com red ones which look awesome. Thankfully, needing to replace them was a good thing as one of the screws holding the mount to the tower had snapped and I was able to replace it. Oh yeah, almost forgot. Had to replace an MMX 8s esc that started glitching during the last couple of runs. Shuts off at random and restarts almost as inconspicuously. Going back to Castle tomorrow.
20211228_004020.jpg

Nobody can tell me I'm not "hell on wheels"! I can't remember who I had the chat with about duct tape, but just in case you thought I was kidding here is proof 🤣😂🤣😂

Disclaimer: this is not from today. This was from the first day with the first infraction I got (which is still torn down) and a full build is coming soon

20211229_175443.jpg

Was at an old skate park the other day with the bigrock crewcab. Was racing my son and his Senton when I hit the edge of the concrete wall of a berm. The car hit hard, bounced back, rolled down the large berm with bits and pieces rolling with it.

I thought that's it, game over. Went to pick it up along with its broken bits to find the broken bits were parts of the concrete wall. It had smashed chunks out of the concrete. Inspected the Bigrock to find it unscathed apart from scratches to the bumper. I was amazed.

Bigrock 1 : contrete wall 0

Arrma tough.

Edit: added photos. Wish we had a track like this at home. Sooo fun.
20211231_124055.jpg

20211231_124035.jpg

Last edited:
Attention: I will be handing out the award for December on January 4th due to the fact that the template is on my work pc and I hadn't considered copying it to my phone so I could do it at home. What did I break today? Hopefully not your spirit. Keep wrecking them in 2022 crew!🔥🧨💣💥👊

Attention: I will be handing out the award for December on January 4th due to the fact that the template is on my work pc and I hadn't considered copying it to my phone so I could do it at home. What did I break today? Hopefully not your spirit. Keep wrecking them in 2022 crew!🔥🧨💣💥👊
If it comes with a new banner I might have to accidentally back over the TLR 😎

And here we are in 2022 without one fail on the fourth day of January. I had higher expectations form you all, but you've got a whole year to make it up to me. As promised, I've also got a new certificate to start off the year, and the first recipient of 2022 came on the first day of December. Congratulations to @kenm04 for the complete obliteration of the front of his Typhon 3s. In case you don't remember, https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-break-today.8928/post-646153 so you can review the gory details. As always, there were many others with noteable achievements. @pug, @Mazin, @JSmalls87, @Velodromed and @jkflow (who would have one if it had been an M2C brace he bent, but alas it was cheap chineseum). So join me now in congratulating our latest WDYBT hall of famer👏👏 Hope you like the new "snazzier" award.

New Arrma Forum Certificate - Copy.png

But wait, there's more. Usually we present an award to someone who gets hurt while rc'ing or wrenching or drinking coffee, but this month, I'm giving the award to someone who blew out his a$$ while eating a beef sangweech with some hot giardiniera 🌶️🌶️ Here's your award buddy.
New Arrma Forum Certificate - Copy.png

Last edited:
And here we are in 2022 without one fail on the fourth day of January. I had higher expectations form you all, but you've got a whole year to make it up to me. As promised, I've also got a new certificate to start off the year, and the first recipient of 2022 came on the first day of December. Congratulations to @kenm04 for the complete obliteration of the front of his Typhon 3s. In case you don't remember, https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-break-today.8928/post-646153 so you can review the gory details. As always, there were many others with noteable achievements. @pug, @Mazin, @JSmalls87, @Velodromed and @jkflow (who would have one if it had been an M2C brace he bent, but alas it was cheap chineseum). So join me now in congratulating our latest WDYBT hall of famer👏👏 Hope you like the new "snazzier" award.

View attachment 190404
But wait, there's more. Usually we present an award to someone who gets hurt while rc'ing or wrenching or drinking coffee, but this month, I'm giving the award to someone who blew out his a$$ while eating a beef sangweech with some hot giardiniera 🌶️🌶️ Here's your award buddy.
View attachment 190405
Wait…I got an honerable mention??
Sweet, I’ll try harder🙃
Sweet, I’ll try harder🙃
🙄 Crap I should not say stuff like that. First my vorteks became front wheel drive (rear diff stripped perhaps) now my granite just became front wheel drive (new cvd popped off). I love the cvds but the grub screw through plastic thing at the diff is cheesy.

Last edited:

View attachment 190404
View attachment 190405
Initiates the slow clap👏🏼
Congrats @kenm04 and @gotnitro !
You two want me to start the go fund me?🤣🏁🏁

Last edited:
Sweet, I’ll try harder🙃

🙄 Crap I should not stuff like that. First my vorteks became front wheel drive (rear diff stripped perhaps) now my granite just became front wheel drive (new cvd popped off). I love the cvds but the grub screw through plastic thing at the diff is cheesy.
Dang it…um, I didn’t expect this and never even heard of it. I was expecting a stripped differential, not a stripped slipper hub. Wow, time to take the rest apart.

Cool, the rest is okay and ring/input gear are just fine. I’m trying a new grease and so far it’s not bad. So I’m trying to figure out how that happened. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t installed wrong. I don’t think it’s the reinforced sleeve I put over the end of it as that parts not made to flex and cracks if it does. Maybe it’s just repeated nose landings and beating the the hell out of it yesterday at the BMX park. I don’t know.

At least my granite was easy/cheap to fix. I simply didn’t screw the grub screw in enough on the CVD diff sleeve. Think I got it dialed in now. I love the Arrma cvds!

Only thing left is to figure out how I broke my typhon chassis. I don’t drive it really rough, I just drive it normal rough. Pretty sure the only thing holding it together is the T-bone chassis protector. It’s a weird break, right over the back tire and I don’t know how I did it. Well, I did kiss a tree yesterday but hell it could’ve been anything with my driving.
I think I’ll just leave it for now and stop looking at my cars because I keep finding things 🙄

6D80718F-E27F-44E8-BEA5-1AE315D575CC.jpeg

68A58B4A-AF2B-40CA-ACD2-1B0E5A09BBF2.jpeg

2F06B6C9-CAB4-4F17-98CE-CBC666B2F3D0.jpeg

AEEAFFFD-18E8-4E36-AC2B-598B1CCD0A9C.jpeg

CBEB0666-0DF8-4C44-975B-052826E39F03.jpeg

3D83580F-A0F6-4D66-A849-03B84947A288.jpeg

AA3C5DC2-709D-497B-8567-1F2D28A469FD.jpeg

Back