What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had em for a year. So imo they are worth it. I've hit numerous things. But never a mailbox at wot.
Thank you. I’m putting them on my Kraton all way round so that’s good to hear.

From the other day with the limitless.
20220518_211231.jpg
20220518_212514.jpg

Looks like a typical spun bearing. Bummer, bulkheads are a pain to remove and replace.

Have you checked the chassis for straightness ?

Might be putting horizontal load on the bearing casing heat.
There's no possibility of it being bent... this has been around the 10th or 12th times running it. But.. the brace from "sfr" might be causing it to flex. So I am going to buy another brace for the xlx2 and throw the chassis braces back on and see if it's the issue the whole time.
Looks like a typical spun bearing. Bummer, bulkheads are a pain to remove and replace.
Nah. I can get it out within 10 minutes now. The limitless is super simple to do. Compare to the kraton.

Not my video, but his EXB K8S is pretty much exactly like mine. Yeah, I'll try to avoid them poles. Brand new one too 😭😱

Doing some big jumps with my Talion that I just went thru whole truck ( M2C chassis , diffs , all bearings , and brand new DS3235 servo ), well , not even thru the first battery pack upon jumping moderately high with the Talion , the new servo stripped out inside !!!! All of my jumps were with not one crash or bad landing , but from some decent height landing on compacted dirt , flat chassis slap landings is how the servo died .
Ironically , I took out the perfectly working original servo to do an " upgrade ' !!!!
This is the jump that the Talion broke on , went same distance as the Mojave doing the jump .

It's hard to give a definitive response to that but I guess R/Cing since I was a young kid and having developed a good intuition for how to set things up properly and drive without putting undue stress on the car most of the time has something to do with my success rate. Sometimes I break within 15 minutes or even 5 minutes though. One bad landing can turn a Kraton into a gimp.
Turning out to be a destructive week. Took the Kraton to a new bash spot and inadvertently landed what was supposed to the the last big jump of the session on a steel/concrete garbage can. Broken rear lower arm, bent inner hinge pin, bent hinge pin brace, bent dogbone, sheared upper shock bolt, bent wing mount screws, slightly tweaked shock tower, and cracked front bumper support presumably from earlier in the run.View attachment 214083View attachment 214084View attachment 214085

I can't ever run for 15 minutes without something going wrong! How do you guys manage to keep it going?
Land with the wheels down

I can't ever run for 15 minutes without something going wrong! How do you guys manage to keep it going?
Mechanical components break and/or wear to a certain extent every time we/you use them. It may not fail this run but may fail the next.

Back