What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be more damage from the crash a couple days ago.
It was brand new, only had it a week or 2
(Hot racing motor mount)
Edit: wait, is it supposed to be bent like this? My other stock motor mount is bent like this, just a bit less.
9A7439BF-E9A3-483E-9D04-5016AAE120CE.jpeg

(Hot racing motor mount)
Edit: wait, is it supposed to be bent like this? My other stock motor mount is bent like this, just a bit less.
View attachment 225681
That’s what stripped your spur gear, get the 6mm Arrma motor plate as a replacement.

Should be straight
That’s what stripped your spur gear, get the 6mm Arrma motor plate as a replacement.
Arrma ARA311106 Aluminum Motor Mount

Should be straight

Arrma ARA311106 Aluminum Motor Mount
Yup, get them off of Jenny’s and save some coin.
Well, when I found the spit gear stripped the motor screws had backed out, and the motor could had moved, but that could have just compounded it.
Sounds like you impacted something pretty hard.

Get the part number @Warby said.

Yup, get them off of Jenny’s and save some coin.

Sounds like you impacted something pretty hard.

Get the part number @Warby said.
Uhhhh, part of the curb sank and I hit the edge that sank and it acted as a wall.
Found a picture-
732D0197-CAF8-4B53-9D6A-C30B15029ECB.jpeg

(Hot racing motor mount)
View attachment 225681
“If it can bend once, it can bend twice” one of my friends before he slammed a sledge hammer onto one of the aluminum a arms on my slash a few years ago.
So I did the same, and well, it kinda worked.

C064CBF3-3F71-4E14-B7E1-0C9158D70BEF.jpeg

Last edited:
Uhhhh, part of the curb sank and I hit the edge that sank and it acted as a wall.
Found a picture-
View attachment 225706

“If it can bend once, it can bend twice” one of my friends before he slammed a sledge hammer onto one of the aluminum a arms on my slash a few years ago.
So I did the same, and well, it kinda worked.

View attachment 225698
Aluminum will bend once or twice but every time it weakens. The fatigue will result in fractures eventually.

How does the CF towers hold up to bashing compared to the original towers?
Out of all the smacks I took, they held up FAR better. This was just inevitable. I had to remove rear bumper for the Corvette C7 body. So I was always one bad landing away from this and it finally happened.
Out of all the smacks I took, they held up FAR better. This was just inevitable. I had to remove rear bumper for the Corvette C7 body. So I was always one bad landing away from this and it finally happened.
Caused by an elevation change(chassis slap) at 82mph
Will also note that when comparing to aluminum. CF either breaks or doesn't. As noted above, aluminum bends but each bending progressively weakens its integrity. The carbon fiber lasted longer and this setup has a long trail of destruction left in many threads throughout the Forum. I, for one, have come to believe that BasherQueen knows her sh1t! I'm surprised they lasted as long as they have.

Last edited:

Caused by an elevation change(chassis slap) at 82mph
Will also note that when comparing to aluminum. CF either breaks or doesn't. As noted above, aluminum bends but each bending progressively weakens its integrity. The carbon fiber lasted longer and this setup has a long trail of destruction left in many threads throughout the Forum. I, for one, have come to believe that BasherQueen knows her sh1t! I'm surprised they lasted as long as they have.
I've got my eye on the the Scorched Parts 5mm CF towers.

Look's like you popped your R driveshaft out. Just remove you upper hinge pin for your top arm and insert shaft back in the cup.
Thanks for the good eyes! That's kinda what I was thinking as I was looking taking it inside, but didn't have any time to diagnose 👍will that shock spring be negatively effected by being compressed overnight?

Thanks for the good eyes! That's kinda what I was thinking as I was looking taking it inside, but didn't have any time to diagnose 👍will that shock spring be negatively effected by being compressed overnight?
Myself I'd pull the hinge pin out to relieve the pressure it's only a few screw's just don't loose the spacer's, replace tomorrow. You could leave it should be ok.

Last edited:
Of course my luck I replace the front ring gear in the Noto and snap a pin in the rear🤦 Took it out to see how the 19t pinion felt with the 4585 1480kv which was perfect👌🏼 But landed on throttle on a double which snapped the rear left outdrive pin. Yeah now to pull the rear apart and get it fixed🙄

The ESC in the Senton died today. It was just a cheap ebay copy of the Hobbywing WP 10BL60 and I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Funny thing is, I was planning on replacing it and had already bought a BLX100 to replace it. But before tearing it out, I wanted to test the top speed to compare the two ESC's. So I took it for a speed test up the street. On the second run at full throttle, it died. It died just before it was to be retired. Is that a coincidence or fate or what? Did I subconsciously know it's life expectancy? 🤯🤷‍♂️

Anyway both got to 61km/h on whatever gearing is in it.

Back