What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ESC in the Senton died today. It was just a cheap ebay copy of the Hobbywing WP 10BL60 and I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Funny thing is, I was planning on replacing it and had already bought a BLX100 to replace it. But before tearing it out, I wanted to test the top speed to compare the two ESC's. So I took it for a speed test up the street. On the second run at full throttle, it died. It died just before it was to be retired. Is that a coincidence or fate or what? Did I subconsciously know it's life expectancy? 🤯🤷‍♂️

Anyway both got to 61km/h on whatever gearing is in it.
Was it a copy or was it a WP10BL60 rtr? I've never actually seen a copy of a Hobbywing esc.

Was it a copy or was it a WP10BL60 rtr? I've never actually seen a copy of a Hobbywing esc.
Not 100% sure now you ask. It was bought a long time ago. It had no branding on it, it was from China, a 60a and looked like a HW WP10BL60 but black heat sink not red like HW. Cheap non Waterproof power switch. Had a huge throttle delay out of box so I had to buy a programming card to tune it to get it usable.

Actually I think its may have been a GoolRc. Yes it was.

Had just landed my cleanest/ biggest air backflip off my ramp and was turning around for another go (or trying to @ least 🤕) Just looks like a steering tab/ear whatchmacallit. Those aluminum turnbuckles the cause?

20220626_192706.jpg

Never really seen an m2c tower do that!!!😂
I managed to bend their rear M2C shock tower on my Outcast 6s too. Bad landings. But this one on the hybrid Typhon was probably done while trying out one of those tunnel things at the skatepark :

Well I thought I'd go for a little symmetry & broke the other steering ear/tab. Actually saw the wheel flailing about as it went over my head! Landed it flat on all four wheels too😅 Easy enough fix. After a quick fix I was back out & jumping. 10 minutes later popped a pillow ball to end my jumping session. 😆😕 Oh, & my front light stopped working too. Well after further inspection turns out that I bent the other side's steering tab that I put on yesterday. Gonna have to just put those aluminum turnbuckles on the on road car & go back to the plastic stockers on the jumper 🤔

20220627_210612.jpg

20220628_012801.jpg

20220628_015007.jpg

20220628_015019.jpg

Last edited:
I tried. It just doesn't like to break!
20220627_221008.jpg

I took the turphon out to see if it still runs. This is the first arrma product I bought over 2 years ago for my son. The esc fried right away, so I put a 120 in there. I also added the mx28's pretty early on, and made a 4s kraton wheelie bar fit, and put a t-bone bumper on front. The kid has only managed to break a couple a-arms, shocks, and wings. He was bored with the typhon body, so we modded a redcat cage to fit last summer (it's been crazy flexible and tough!). And yes, that IS the factory servo! I have no logical explanation for why it still works.

Slash was my 1st name brand vehicle almost exactly year ago. I've beat the crap out of this and never broke a thing. Well, yesterday made the huge no-no of being on throttle when landing......was trying to correct it at last sec......broke the axel right off! Lol

O wait....this is "What did you break TODAY". I broke this yesterday, can I still post it here or make a new thread called "What I broke the other day?" ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: O....and after I broke that I ran my Senton through an entire 3s 8k pack doing the same stuff and didn't break a thing!!! ARRMA TOUGH BABY!!!!!
20220630_092856.jpg

and this today :-/ with the 3S.

NOTE TO SELF: BE AWARE OF ROAMING POLLS. They Wander from here to there without warning.

IMG_2354.jpeg

IMG_2357.jpeg

AR330543, AR330515 and AR330469

ARA340179 I have an aluminum one already.

Must get replacements before the Holiday Weekend!?!

And time to do the DIF and some more bearings.

IMG_2358.jpeg

and this today :-/ with the 3S.

NOTE TO SELF: BE AWARE OF ROAMING POLLS. They Wander from here to there without warning.

View attachment 226881

View attachment 226887

AR330543, AR330515 and AR330469

ARA340179 I have an aluminum one already.

Must get replacements before the Holiday Weekend!?!

And time to do the DIF and some more bearings.

View attachment 226883
Twinzies.
Snapped the c block and steering arm on my granite today. I think the c hub was cracked before the jump because as soon as I started driving it I noticed a bit of wheel wobble. Stopped and checked wheel nut and all looked tight.

First jump I landed on roof and all was good. Second jump I landed perfectly on the suspension and snap. Tire flys off. Lesson learned, if you don't want the suspension to break, land on the roof😁
IMG_20220630_140545.jpg
IMG_20220630_140603_1.jpg

IMG_20220630_140555.jpg

Also blew out a tire on my wltoys 1/12 brushless buggy.
But on the plus side my Typhon took a serious beating today and kept going.
IMG_20220701_153524.jpg

Last edited:
Crappy Max5 fan, it only lasted about 20mins :LOL:

There is a fix for this! Sadly the blades can contact the cover on landings and tear blades off.. I have seen people put a screw right through the top of the cover to limit upward blade travel. In my case I just glued a small spacer to the top of my replacement fan.

20210803_203409.jpg

There is a fix for this! Sadly the blades can contact the cover on landings and tear blades off.. I have seen people put a screw right through the top of the cover to limit upward blade travel. In my case I just glued a small spacer to the top of my replacement fan.

View attachment 226933
You can also round the sharp blade edges with a file.

1656656641849.png

Back