What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New aluminum motor fan failed after two packs. No broken blades, just stopped working. Wires and connector are intact but it looks like the motor/rotor assembly loosened in the frame and presumably lost electrical contact. I don't see an obvious non-destructive way to open it up to repair.

I thought these things were supposed to be tough, but even the crappy plastic fan outlasted it by months and through harder bashing. Very disappointing, as while it worked it kept the motor below 140℉ for a whole pack of driving in grass, a major improvement over the previous setup, and I thought I'd found a robust solution to both the summer heat and the frailty of plastic fans.

Time to order a bunch cheap from China I guess, as they seem to be poorly/inconsistently made and likely to fail sporadically.

New aluminum motor fan failed after two packs. No broken blades, just stopped working. Wires and connector are intact but it looks like the motor/rotor assembly loosened in the frame and presumably lost electrical contact. I don't see an obvious non-destructive way to open it up to repair.

I thought these things were supposed to be tough, but even the crappy plastic fan outlasted it by months and through harder bashing. Very disappointing, as while it worked it kept the motor below 140℉ for a whole pack of driving in grass, a major improvement over the previous setup, and I thought I'd found a robust solution to both the summer heat and the frailty of plastic fans.

Time to order a bunch cheap from China I guess, as they seem to be poorly/inconsistently made and likely to fail sporadically.
I've found this myself. Sometimes brand new. Sucks when they don't blow 🤨

There is a fix for this! Sadly the blades can contact the cover on landings and tear blades off.. I have seen people put a screw right through the top of the cover to limit upward blade travel. In my case I just glued a small spacer to the top of my replacement fan.

View attachment 226933

I found a bearing that fits perfect on the nub on the case 8x5x2.5 (y)

Somebody done broke this forum!
As soon as the site came back up a nasty storm blew through here and knocked the wi-fi out. Verizon service is nill here so I had nuthin! :mad::rolleyes::cry: :LOL: 😂 I just got back on. That's almost 7 hrs with no AF!!! It wasn't fun or pretty. :ROFLMAO:

20220702_160136_1.gif

As soon as the site came back up a nasty storm blew through here and knocked the wi-fi out. Verizon service is nill here so I had nuthin! :mad::rolleyes::cry: :LOL: 😂 I just got back on. That's almost 7 hrs with no AF!!! It wasn't fun or pretty. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 227288
Wow! We had a boomer last night, too. Had a few close strikes (two were real close!) that turned off the lights and even blew some light bulbs. That was how we got the idea to play a boardgame 😉.

Wow! We had a boomer last night, too. Had a few close strikes (two were real close!) that turned off the lights and even blew some light bulbs. That was how we got the idea to play a boardgame 😉.
Yea, we lost power yesterday for about 3 hrs. Luckily it went out 30 mins before we were leaving to go see Minions at the movies.

That game sounds cool. What's the age range? Could a 10 and 13 year old play?

Somebody done broke this forum!

Okay....
So it wasn't just me who had problems with getting to AF (both via mobile and laptop!).... I was getting very annoyed with not having access to this site!!!

I think I'm addicted..

Glad our site is back up and running.

Yea, we lost power yesterday for about 3 hrs. Luckily it went out 30 mins before we were leaving to go see Minions at the movies.

That game sounds cool. What's the age range? Could a 10 and 13 year old play?
It says 12+, but we've had it for a couple years. My 12 & 14 year olds love it. I'd say if your 10 year likes strategy games at all, they'll dig it

Have you changed how your storing them, or used them in different Combinations? I think it’s odd luck to have more than one go so soon
I think this pair got ruined by going below low voltage. Forgot to set it up on the girlfriend's limitless. So this one would have been my fault. Because what I can remember one pack was hot as heck. And the other one puffed up.
How did you find it?!?
I dunno if I replied to this. But luck of the draw. Heard it land on the street. The clank hollow noise.

Last edited:
First off, wanna wish all my 'Merican friends here on the Forum a Happy 4th of July! What an eventful month we had in June. You all really stepped up your "break it" game and made it more difficult to judge a winner than I've had to in a long time. @Mr.Duke killed a tractor, @joshludden killed everything, @BashTillBroken and @Greengaunja wrecked themselves and we got a lot of great entires from the likes of @BO55_Saint, @Diem Turner, @~Kaos911~, @Armarookie43, @305HemiGuy, @fish, @Smilinbri, @Voyhager3, and @Rcbasher123. Thanks to all of you for intentionaly destroying your rides just for a chance at a fake award. It brings a tear to my eye that you all just keep trying so hard. This month's award is going to someone who's been posting here longer than most, but for some stupid reason, hasn't won yet. Probably because the dork who hands out the award is just a big dummy. He mashed, crashed and even snapped M2C, so you know he was trying just a little bit harder than the rest. So please help me in congratulating this month's "WDYBT" champion, @Pat_ranch
June 22.png

Last edited:
First off, wanna wish all my 'Merican friends here on the Forum a Happy July 4th! What an eventful month we had in June. You all really stepped up your "break it" game and made it more difficult to judge a winner than I've had to in a long time. @Mr.Duke killed a tractor, @joshludden killed everything, @BashTillBroken and @Greengaunja wrecked themselves and we got a lot of great entires from the likes of @BO55_Saint, @Diem Turner, @~Kaos911~, @Armarookie43, @305HemiGuy, @fish, @Smilinbri, @Voyhager3, and @Rcbasher123. Thanks to all of you for intentionaly destroying your rides just for a chance at a fake award. It brings a tear to my eye that you all just keep trying so hard. This month's award is going to someone who's been posting here longer than most, but for some stupid reason, hasn't won yet. Probably because of the dork who hands out the award is just a big dummy. He mashed, crashed and even snapped M2C, so you know he was trying just a little bit harder than the rest. So please help me in congratulating this month's "WDYBT" champion, @Pat_ranch
View attachment 227679
What a day to bestow the honor!! Happy 4th & congratulations @Pat_ranch !! You be makin' it & breakin' it on AF!! Live Long & Bash Hard!! 🖖

Back