What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome action shot! :love: I see your one of those who run there rigs at 5:30AM. Very ambitious(y)

Thanks, yeah I'm one of those guys 🤣
If I'm awake and have packs ready to go I bash til I'm out of packs or I've broken every model I have with me.

Not broken, but on further investigations, I found that the pinion is loose.... I'm pretty sure when the car stopped, it was because of LVC. And the volt on the batteries when I got home suggest LVC. Esc was blinking as well.... Strange.
IMG20230122180605.jpg

Have to reglue my 6s backflips so I threw on some brand new Fireteam tires & tried to break my pb on the Black Sheep (65mph) during lunchbreak. Kissed a curb under heavy braking & popped the other camber link off the rear (broke the other side on Saturday). Ok, popped it back on after finding the axle. Wanted to rip around in the snow a little, didn't last 5 minutes before it popped back off!!🤬🤬 I'll just put the other stocker back on- these gpm links are garbage, I would not recommend 🙁🤬🤬👎👎

20230124_101608.jpg

20230124_123600.jpg

Bent shock, swapped front ones out with M2C caps and pistons. Then the hinge pin retainer bent and came loose again. Guess i'll replace it now. 😁

IMG-3506.jpg

IMG-3503.jpg

Technically..no breakage. 😁

Finally contributing to this thread for something other than tire blowouts. 4 total but none for last 4 packs. Broke front bumper brace today. Not all the way though. Super glue fix in about 2 minutes. However minor, glad to part of " Club Carnage".

IMG_20230124_162342384_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230124_164039914_HDR.jpg

Finally contributing to this thread for something other than tire blowouts. 4 total but none for last 4 packs. Broke front bumper brace today. Not all the way though. Super glue fix in about 2 minutes. However minor, glad to part of " Club Carnage".

View attachment 272839

View attachment 272840
All our Sentons look like this. Go pre-emptive and get yourself some Shoe Goo and Lexan, and possibly some stainless steel wire :cool:

View attachment 272839

View attachment 272840
That's a very common weak point on the Sentons. After replacing a couple myself, I've just fitted the 3D-RC bumper frame. We only have 1 pack through it so too early to review but so far so good.

20230113_173822.jpg

Have to reglue my 6s backflips so I threw on some brand new Fireteam tires & tried to break my pb on the Black Sheep (65mph) during lunchbreak. Kissed a curb under heavy braking & popped the other camber link off the rear (broke the other side on Saturday). Ok, popped it back on after finding the axle. Wanted to rip around in the snow a little, didn't last 5 minutes before it popped back off!!🤬🤬 I'll just put the other stocker back on- these gpm links are garbage, I would not recommend 🙁🤬🤬👎👎

View attachment 272763

View attachment 272764
On the bright side, your back to your old self. Quite concerned about your state of mind the other day with no breakage for 2 packs! :unsure:
Ya wanna explain that? Looks factory original! J/k. If it works that's all that matters!(y)

Last edited:
On the bright side, your back to your old self. Quite concerned about your state of mind the other day with no breakage for 2 packs! :unsure:
& I didn't even get my pb either, only ran a 63 before having to get on the brakes a little too hard😉👎 I think w/ a little longer run I can get it on those Fireteam tires 😃😅

Ya wanna explain that? Looks factory original! J/k. If it works that's all that matters!(y)
Haha, well we got tired of replacing the crappy factory part so after about 5 fixes we got it down. Free fix for most of us :)

That is a thin strip of Lexan that is wired around the broken parts and then a generous about of shoe goo is applied 360, its been through a few more bashes and is holding up.

Haha, well we got tired of replacing the crappy factory part so after about 5 fixes we got it down. Free fix for most of us :)

That is a thin strip of Lexan that is wired around the broken parts and then a generous about of shoe goo is applied 360, its been through a few more bashes and is holding up.
That's a good idea and cheap. Remember tho, I'm not sending it like you guys, but your right, it's definitely a weak bumper.

I like that piece..thanks! Upgraded shocks? Work better?
The og shocks were replaced when the Senton was new, due to leaks. The early 3s rigs suffered from leaking shocks. In fact, they leaked new in the box. The ones we fitted are just the cheap eBay big bore shocks. No name brand. They have been surprisingly durable. They have thicker rods. No issues even though they've had a hard life as my son learns to drive it and crash it. Only complaint is the springs are very noising as they rub up/down the thread on the shock body. We fitted that by putting heat shrink over the thread.

That's a very common weak point on the Sentons. After replacing a couple myself, I've just fitted the 3D-RC bumper frame. We only have 1 pack through it so too early to review but so far so good.

View attachment 272845
I wanted to get that, but have RPM bumpers on my Senton 3s and it won't fit with that. I'm gonna get it for my next Senton 3s though!! Need more SCTs for my track!! 👍 😁 ✌️

128kph(79mph) into a roadside metal reflector post. Only post in 100 metres. 🤦‍♂️ I had noticed before that run, there was a turbulent side wind but chose to ignore it. It pushed the Infraction off course and I couldn't bring it back straight. My mistake but lesson learnt. I won't speed run in side winds again.

Damage: Body dented, alloy splitter bent, screws pulled through plastic bumper, new 3d printed side skirt smashed, GPS and the 40mm cooling fan dislodged but luckily stayed within the body and unharmed. Somehow the LHF arm, wheel and steering wasn't touched. I'm guessing the alloy splitter took and stopped most the impact.

I managed to repair most of the damage but it's lost a bit of its new car look.

20230125_113018.jpg

20230125_123545.jpg

20230125_123555.jpg

128kph(79mph) into a roadside metal reflector post. Only post in 100 metres. 🤦‍♂️ I had noticed before that run, there was a turbulent side wind but chose to ignore it. It pushed the Infraction off course and I couldn't bring it back straight. My mistake but lesson learnt. I won't speed run in side winds again.

Damage: Body dented, alloy splitter bent, screws pulled through plastic bumper, new 3d printed side skirt smashed, GPS and the 40mm cooling fan dislodged but luckily stayed within the body and unharmed. Somehow the LHF arm, wheel and steering wasn't touched. I'm guessing the alloy splitter took and stopped most the impact.

I managed to repair most of the damage but it's lost a bit of its new car look.

View attachment 272925
View attachment 272926
View attachment 272927
Dang! Nasty wreck! 😂 Didn't happen to get vid, did ya? Seems like easy fixes though! Those damn winds! 🌬️😂😁✌️

Back