What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one bites the dust. This from the front of my BRCC.
20190517_122613.jpg

Didn't break much at all today. Just made a taco of my brcc lid. I blasted the BRCC some and plenty the Talion. Video footage was made and will edit and post soon.

As I mentioned in the footage, I didn't think there was a clear body available for the BRCC. Well I found one just now! There is one left from my regular, go-to ebay seller.
Get on it!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-4022...886457?hash=item1efa91edb9:g:IT0AAOSwgTxc3AG~

Last edited:
Exploded a rear inner wheel bearing this evening running at a dusty construction site so now I'm replacing all 4 corners to get ready for an early morning bash session with both

IMG_9988.JPG

IMG_9991.JPG

Exploded a rear inner wheel bearing this evening running at a dusty construction site so now I'm replacing all 4 corners to get ready for an early morning bash session with both

View attachment 38674

View attachment 38675
After a bash in dirty and dusty areas, I give the bearings a quick blast with brake cleaner or electrical parts cleaner, than put a drop of 3-in-one oil on each of them. Not perfect, but helps increase the longevity of the bearings between servicing.

I see. What grease?
I have a tube of Phil Wood waterproof grease that I bought back in my rollerblading days. Any good silicone grease will work. I put mine in a syringe so I can apply more precisely.

Attachments

• 20190519_005649.jpg
    20190519_005649.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 21
I see. What grease?
I use this so far cause it doesn't run out ... and never do I remove bearings cause I act like I don't have time (I prob do lol /lazy). I blast with simple green, wash with that jet nozzle, air compressor dry and then before I run again, try to hit it with this SLIP stuff.

I have a tube of Phil Wood waterproof grease that I bought back in my rollerblading days. Any good silicone grease will work. I put mine in a syringe so I can apply more precisely.

(y) I'll be damned! That's a good setup for sure. And you had what you needed on-hand! Big win.

I use this so far cause it doesn't run out ... and never do I remove bearings cause I act like I don't have time (I prob do lol /lazy). I blast with simple green, wash with that jet nozzle, air compressor dry and then before I run again, try to hit it with this SLIP stuff.

View attachment 38679

(y) I'll be damned! That's a good setup for sure. And you had what you needed on-hand! Big win.
I had the Avid needle dropper too, but the plastic bottle finally broke after being handled badly over a long time. Definitely a good product to have on hand. Sealed bearings should be greased every once and while though. The oil is a short term remedy, and dissipates quickly, but if you're going to use it, the Avid stuff is top notch.

I had the Avid needle dropper too, but the plastic bottle finally broke after being handled badly over a long time. Definitely a good product to have on hand. Sealed bearings should be greased every once and while though. The oil is a short term remedy, and dissipates quickly, but if you're going to use it, the Avid stuff is top notch.
Understood and I agree. Says so as a quick maintenance tool and the delivery is easy with the needle and all. I understand the significance of grease vs oil but I unfortunately don't always go the best way for long term

Last edited:
Nope. I just take the seals off, soak them in solvent, blast them with brake cleaner, grease then seal. Always have two sets for any truck, so I can take my time to clean them properly.
I typically don't worry too much about the bearings. I'm running Fast Eddy bearings in my Kraton. I'll run in sand, dirt, grass, and paved road and most of the time I'll just blow everything off and call it good.

Bearing sets are cheap enough that I'm not going to waste time cleaning and greasing when replacing them is faster.

I just re-did my diff oils, checked the bearings after about 15 packs and, other than the build up of dirt on the outside, the bearings spun free and smooth. Good enough for me.
I do visually check them after every couple of packs too though.

Broke the seal on a new bottle of tequila! :D

it sucked.. But thats part of the journey I guess. Finding what you do and don't like. Still cheaper then fiddlesticking RC parts :p

While out jumping today, I had two of the screws that hold the rear dif case to the chassis, disappear. Replaced with two more, and they're gone too. So I replaced the whole rear dif case and dif with one I have as a spare. I also had a front drive shaft break right at the wheel hub. Managed to finish my run on 3 wheel drive. New shafts were ordered from Jennys last night, so I must have had some kind of premonition or psychic future telling going on ?. So the question is, is there any reason I can't continue to run it on 3 wheel drive while I'm waiting on the new shafts? It seemed to operate fine considering I was jumping and bashing pretty hard, right to lvc.

You can but it will want to turn on it’s own. And I would not jump it cause you will have less control in the air
Would it cause the front diff to unload to the side missing the CVD? In Amy event, I never run a broken truck. It also helps that I have multiples.

Back