What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can but it will want to turn on it’s own. And I would not jump it cause you will have less control in the air
Would it cause the front diff to unload to the side missing the CVD? In Amy event, I never run a broken truck. It also helps that I have multiples.
Yeah it would just fry the diff
Well then I guess I'll take out the other front drive shaft for now. Deliveries from Jennys to Canada usually take about 10 days or more, and I know I can't wait that long to run again. Thanks for the tips gents

Well then I guess I'll take out the other front drive shaft for now. Deliveries from Jennys to Canada usually take about 10 days or more, and I know I can't wait that long to run again. Thanks for the tips gents
That will not be good for your center diff.

But the front dif will still be turning. How so?
I thought you meant remove the front dogbone. My bad. I still wouldn't drive it with both CVD's removed. That's just me.

I thought you meant remove the front dogbone. My bad. I still wouldn't drive it with both CVD's removed. That's just me.
Oh no! This means I might have to take out my Traxxa$$! F'it, gonna send the little Slash b!tch and find out how far plastic can scatter off a 20 foot jump?

I wouldn't either. Running a 4wd as a 2wd never works out well either, they tend to handle and drive like crap.

But the front dif will still be turning. How so?
it will fry your center diff. the car will also barely move (unless you have some seriously thick oil in the center diff)

The diffs will fry whenever both the sides are not balanced. when you remove both CVD’s from the front, the center will have traction towards the rear side, and none on the front side, so it will just ‘diff out’ to that side.

Is it good against bending the chassis? If so I'll ask if he brings it back for me lol ?
Outcast, Senton and Typhon yes, it works better than Hot Racing chassis braces and a custom tower to tower brace. Kraton and Talion negative, the chassis is too long and the brace allows the chassis to twist, not enough support in the rear, my Outcast has a little bit of twist to it but not bad enough to affect anything, the twist is less than the chassis flex was with Hot Racing chassis braces and the t2t brace.

Just a minor oops.

Looks worse in person. Kind of landed on a log when jumping 15ish ft in the air.
Chassis, T2T brace end, shock rod end, and esc fan ate it from my initial inspection. Probably more when I tear it down later this week.

View attachment 38854

Just a minor oops.

Looks worse in person. Kind of landed on a log when jumping 15ish ft in the air.
Chassis, T2T brace end, shock rod end, and esc fan ate it from my initial inspection. Probably more when I tear it down later this week.
That doesn't look good ☹️

Broke the Scag again.
IMG_0009.JPG

Regardless of what anyone tells you Scag is a complete POS mower. I shoulda pushed it in the pond instead of send it in for repairs....for the 3rd time in 6 months.

Broke the Scag again.
View attachment 39160
Regardless of what anyone tells you Scag is a complete POS mower. I shoulda pushed it in the pond instead of send it in for repairs....for the 3rd time in 6 months.
I worked in a small engine shop when I was in college... kind of why I took up the RC hobby after college. Needed something to do with my hands that didn't involve a keyboard... and here I am, on a keyboard talking about it!

Well, I found a new bash spot.(y)
Pretty happy with the result but still have to assess the damage. I've got a pretty short video but I'll put it up when I get a chance.
20190523_164432.jpg

Assessed the damage. Broken front A arm, cracked rear A arm, broken screws on the hinge pin cover and a bent rear dog bone. Gonna have to figure out a different option for the pin cover to use with the RPM bumper. Oh, and found some water in the front diff case. Probably from running in the puddle. Overall, quite satisfied.

Last edited:
Well, I found a new bash spot.(y)
Pretty happy with the result but still have to assess the damage. I've got a pretty short video but I'll put it up when I get a chance.View attachment 39177

Assessed the damage. Broken front A arm, cracked rear A arm, broken screws on the hinge pin cover and a bent rear dog bone. Gonna have to figure out a different option for the pin cover to use with the RPM bumper. Oh, and found some water in the front diff case. Probably from running in the puddle. Overall, quite satisfied.
Use the little front bumper that comes with this kit. https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330230

Landed a big jump with my BRCC and had no throttle. Figured the motor leads popped off. Well the motor leads were still attached to the female esc bullets but the bullets and heat sink were not attached to the esc! ?
20190524_105131.jpg
20190524_105438.jpg

Back