What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The driveshaft of my brand new Typhon 3S, did some jumping today when it suddenly lost traction on the front wheels. I had a look and saw the driveshaft in 2 parts. The wires of the ESC had been pulled between the servo mount and the driveshaft, luckily the wires are still OK.
Because if the wires had been stripped and there had been a shortcut that would definitely been bad for the LiPo and maybe also for the ESC.

Think I'm going to claim some warranty because this looks to me as a design fault (I'm not claiming warranty normally because in my opinion, if you bash and you break it, you pay for it, although lately I'm not lucky with my cars)

View attachment 40654View attachment 40655

The driveshaft of my brand new Typhon 3S, did some jumping today when it suddenly lost traction on the front wheels. I had a look and saw the driveshaft in 2 parts. The wires of the ESC had been pulled between the servo mount and the driveshaft, luckily the wires are still OK.
Because if the wires had been stripped and there had been a shortcut that would definitely been bad for the LiPo and maybe also for the ESC.

Think I'm going to claim some warranty because this looks to me as a design fault (I'm not claiming warranty normally because in my opinion, if you bash and you break it, you pay for it, although lately I'm not lucky with my cars)

Did your Typhon have a center brace and bearing for the driveshaft?

Well, I put a 14T pinion on my Kraton and I just boogered up my front diff (I think). YR fans did a good job though. I was hoping it was the pinion mesh because that’s the only thing I changed but I don’t think it is.

Banditos didn't handle 6S.
View attachment 40620

Yes, I checked bead before the run.
I run 2.8 Lockups on my 4Pede and those things balloon out more than my HSP Fangs did on my Outcast. Their rubber is super soft and grippy but that softness makes them balloon more than any other tire I've ever seen. I really need to wrap them in Kevlar kite string.

My stickers tires are my Duratrax Lockups. They are super sticky. More than my S2 GRPs.

Took the Typhon out for a couple speed runs and street bash on my way home from work. On what was going to be my last speed pass of my second pack, I got a decent gust of wind, didn't lift (you'll never achieve greatness if you lift), went off the road into the grass, and tumbled into a concrete pole.

Looks like shock rod end (figures), bearing, the whole hub is cracked, spring is toast, ESC broke loose, battery tray shifted enough to let the battery smack the spur gear and dented a brand new battery (wtf...), and the screw holding the shock mount. I had taken my gopro off since I got some entertaining footage earlier and was just enjoying running this thing (I get it speed runners).

Funny thing is that I have all the parts and will be back to bashing tomorrow.

Took my 6 year old son to the park for some bashing. Kept the Kraton on 75% power for him and luckily only busted the shock mounting bolt.

Needless to say we stopped while we were ahead. Nothing much happened to the Outcast...this time!

Attachments

• 20190616_110858.jpg
    20190616_110858.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190616_110822.jpg
    20190616_110822.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 23
Back